Sign in to follow this  
Guest Weins, Shellie

What is name of this movie?

44 posts in this topic

Guest Weins, Shellie

It has been a long while since I have seen this however it takes place back in the time of the depression. The father I believe was a Miner his wife (I thought was played by Sally Field) and she made things out of Wood and they had a daughter that played up by the trains. The daughter got trapped between to train cars as they were backing up to each other and got trapped between them. I vaguely recall the movie it has been so long can someone please help me. I can try to provide more information if needed. Just have been searching all over for this movie without a title it is virtually impossible

Guest mongo

Could it possibly be "The Dollmaker" (1984) about a struggling backwoods family. Jane Fonda was in the starring role.

Guest Weins, Shellie

Yes that is the movie, thank you so much for your help. I have been struggling with this for some time. It is now all starting to come back to me. Once again Thank you Shellie

Guest Barb

My father and I are old classics fans. Does anyone know the title of a movie about a plane crash in the desert- men struggle to be rescued, and then they each disappear when they discover their bodies-because they were ghosts. Please help!

Guest kropelin, debra

Your movie is called the Lost Mission. The actors were Jimmy Stewart,Guy Stockwell( I think) and another one I can't think of it just now. They were lost over the Sahaara desert on a mission that went afoul. It is based on a true story up to the point they were ghosts. It probably was written in the first person because there were no survivors. Great film. Deb

Guest Barb

Thank you Debra. I will check it out. My Dad will be so grateful

Guest courtney

I recently saw a movie about a man who mad himself think he was ill and needed tons of medication. then he overheard his doctor tell a paitent he was going to die. So the man thought is was he who was dying. Then the man tried to find a new husband for his wife. ( her old sweetheart) And when his best friend hears the news he turns to drinking. Please help me find the name of this movie. I THINK Rock Hudson was in it, but i am not positive.

Guest D., Carol

Hi Courtney! I have the name of the movie you asked about. It is "Send Me No Flowers" made in 1964, starring Rock Hudson, Doris Day,Tony Randall, Clint Walker, Paul Lynde, Hal March,Edward Andrews and Patricia Barry. A very funny movie!

Guest courtney

Thank you so much. I dont usually watch classic movies, but that one caught my attention. And it is very funny. Thanks again.

Guest Laurie

A couple of years ago, I saw a movie about three cowboys who helped deliver a baby in a wagon. The mother died and made them promise to get the baby to the father. The movie was about their travels with the baby and one-by-one, they die. The last man drinks poison water and gets the baby to a church, which is celebrating Christmas. I think the movie title had the word "Hell" in it, but I am not positive. Please help me!

Guest walker, ken

Laurie, The description you give sounds like "Three Godfathers".There is more than one remake of this movie,and the ending is not in any of the ones i've seen. Sorry I cant be of more of more help. kw

Guest walker, ken

Laurie, This is a follow to my last post.These are three versions of "Three Godfathers" that I located.[1]"Three Godfathers"[1916]with Harry Carey,[2]"Three Godfathers"[1936],with Chester Morris,and[3] 3 Godfathers[1948],with John Wayne.The Wayne film is the one i'm familiar with,and may be the only one on tape.Hope this helps.

Guest Castellini, Giselle

A very long time ago I saw a movie. I can only remember bits and peices of it and I can't remember the name. there was a couple in a car and they were speeding around a sharp corner when the car crashed and the two who were in the car got up and brushed themselves off. What they didn't realize was that they had died in the crash and were ghosts...i think it took them a bit to realize that they were dead. If anyone can remember the name of that movie I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks

Guest o, rita

Hi, Giselle! I believe the movie you described is Topper. It's a classic. I think it was made w/Constance Bennett and Cary Grant.

Guest *~*, *~* Megan

What movie is that where Woody Allen is on a Jesus cross?

Guest Mullin, Meredith Mac

When I was a little girl, my mother took me to a musical. I remember one of the songs was, "Sleepy Lagoon". I never got to see the whole movie, because my mother thought it silly. I have always wondered what the title of this movie was. It must have been around 1939-1942.

Guest Mullin, Meredith Mac

There is a movie about the aircraft carrier Nimitz that gets sent back in time, to WWII. James Farrintino and Kathryn Ross(?) and maybe even Kirk Douglas were in the movie.

Guest walker, ken

Meredith, The movie you're looking for is "The Final Countdown"[1980].It stars Kirk Douglas as the captain of an aircraft carrier caught in a time warp and ends up going back to the year 1941.Its on video cassette. Can't help you on the musical.

Guest Toepp, Samantha

I've seen a movie that starts out with a lady on a train, (I think it was Barbra Stanwyck), who gets aquainted with a couple. The train wrecks, the couple dies, and the lady is mistaken for the wife. She then takes her place in the wealthy home, with everybody but the dead husband's brother thinking that she is the widowed wife. Eventually everything works out, and she marries the brother. There has been a remake of it made with Ricki Lake. Does anyone know the name of this old movie?

Guest MacMullin, Meredith

Ken, You're correct that is the name of the movie! It still seems an unlikely title. Thank you for your help.

Guest mongo

The film your looking for is "No Man of Her Own" (1949) with Barbara Stanwyck and John Lund.

Guest Toepp, Samantha

Thank you very much. I had just about decided to give up my search. Thanks, again!

Guest Pati, Peggy

When I was a little girl, I remember seeing a black and white movie on TV about a little girl who witnesssed a murder - I think it was the murder of her mother. She saw the shadow of the murderer and thought it was her Indian doll named Cupid come to life because the shadow had a feather in it's hat. At the end of the movie the little girl sees the shadow again, and it turns out to be that of a woman who was in love with her father, I believe. Has anyone ever seen this movie? Does anyone know the name of it?

Guest JoanG

I think it was "Shadow on the Wall" and it starred Ann Sothern as the murderess and Gigi Perreau as the little girl. Nancy Davis (Reagan) played the psychiatrist.

Guest Jade, Jennifer

Jimmy Stewart was in a movie where the basketball court opens up (while they're playing on it) into a pool. This is all I know about the movie. My question is, Does anyone happen to know the name of this movie? Thanks in advance!! -Jennifer