Sign in to follow this  
TopBilled

84 CHARING CROSS ROAD (1987)

7 posts in this topic

Sort of like THE REMAINS OF THE DAY, in that we have Anthony Hopkins in a non-physical relationship with a woman he shares intimate thoughts with...this is a great film.  Anne Bancroft is simply wonderful.  So glad TCM aired it tonight.

• Like 1

A fellow film buff loaned me this DVD and I enjoyed it very much. Goes to show not every movie has to be a blockbuster to be a good movie.

• Like 1

I agree with you, TopBilled.

I'm surprised Anne Bancroft has not been chosen as a Star of the Month. So many great performances worth honoring. Especially the one in 84 CHARING CROSS ROAD.

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-02-27%2Bat%2B8.39.5

• Like 2

I'm surprised Anne Bancroft has not been chosen as a Star of the Month. So many great performances worth honoring. Especially the one in 84 CHARING CROSS ROAD.

Well both of us have said the TCM tends to ignore stars that made their entry into the industry in the 50s.   But hey,  Newman got his due so it is time to feature some of these later studio-era actors.

• Like 1

Well both of us have said the TCM tends to ignore stars that made their entry into the industry in the 50s.   But hey,  Newman got his due so it is time to feature some of these later studio-era actors.

Notice I am not complaining how many times Greta Garbo and Greer Garson (whom I like) have been honored. I am just trying to be proactive and suggest that Anne Bancroft deserves a turn. :)