From around the galaxy

3,806 posts in this topic

In the TV series: The Adventures of Superman

Which Lois Lane do you prefer?

Phyllis Coates or Noel Neill

In the TV series: The Adventures of Superman

Which Lois Lane do you prefer?

Phyllis Coates or Noel Neill

Noel Neill, I like this cute photo of her.

Noel+Neill1.jpg

These message boards used to be a buzzin beehive of activity 5-6 years ago - the activity was like being in a live chat room. Now.. it's like a funeral parlor with people throwing darts at each other. Where do you suppose everyone got off to?

These message boards used to be a buzzin beehive of activity 5-6 years ago - the activity was like being in a live chat room. Now.. it's like a funeral parlor with people throwing darts at each other. Where do you suppose everyone got off to?

Well when TCM has movies on I want to see,  I'm not here.      I sometimes have my laptop in the living room where I have the big screen T.V.  but I noticed I wasn't paying enough attention to what was on the T.V.  so I stopped doing that.

As for 'throwing darts';  I don't think it is any different now than it has been in the past.   

Good question.  I'm a newcomer to this site, so I don't know how it used to be.  But, I've noticed on other websites I frequent, that many of the other posters I remember from 5 or 10 years ago either do not post anymore or do so infrequently.  Did they all ditch their old haunts thanks to Twitter and Facebook?  Did they get bored or pass away?  I often wonder about that.  I've had three Facebook friends die on me since I joined up less than 5 years ago, and a couple more have cancer.  Another factor could be, as you say, people throwing darts at each other.  The level of snarkiness on the web has increased since I went on line in 1999.  It's not as enjoyable an experience as it used to be.  Facebook for me is a good example of that.  The negativity can be soul-crushing.  I haven't posted anything on my page since July, and the one response I got was either mean or sarcastic (I haven't figured out which).  Also, I don't post too much, because I don't think I have much to add to a conversation.  The knowledge of classic movies some of the posters here possess can be a bit intimidating to me.  I'm often awestruck about how much people know and how witty they are.  What I know about classic movies you can put in a hat.  But I do enjoy watching TCM, and every so often I get a great deal of pleasure reading some of the posts on this site, especially the ones that educate me and make me chuckle.

Good question.  I'm a newcomer to this site, so I don't know how it used to be.  But, I've noticed on other websites I frequent, that many of the other posters I remember from 5 or 10 years ago either do not post anymore or do so infrequently.  Did they all ditch their old haunts thanks to Twitter and Facebook?  Did they get bored or pass away?  I often wonder about that.  I've had three Facebook friends die on me since I joined up less than 5 years ago, and a couple more have cancer.  Another factor could be, as you say, people throwing darts at each other.  The level of snarkiness on the web has increased since I went on line in 1999.  It's not as enjoyable an experience as it used to be.  Facebook for me is a good example of that.  The negativity can be soul-crushing.  I haven't posted anything on my page since July, and the one response I got was either mean or sarcastic (I haven't figured out which).  Also, I don't post too much, because I don't think I have much to add to a conversation.  The knowledge of classic movies some of the posters here possess can be a bit intimidating to me.  I'm often awestruck about how much people know and how witty they are.  What I know about classic movies you can put in a hat.  But I do enjoy watching TCM, and every so often I get a great deal of pleasure reading some of the posts on this site, especially the ones that educate me and make me chuckle.

This site is great because of the knowledge related to 'classic films' (I use the term studio-era instead),  so many of the users have here.    Compared to the all my family and friends I have a lot more knowledge about this era of movie making but here I'm somewhere in the middle of the pack.    So I learn a lot and get advise about movies to check out.      This site is a lot less negative than any site I have ever been on.

..they're staring back at us..i know it..i can't tell..how can you tell?..i can't..i feel them staring at us..i say we check out the new litter box..come back later..see if they're still here..they'll know we're gone..

351wa43.jpg