Kid Dabb

From around the galaxy

3,795 posts in this topic

No man may purchase alcohol without written consent from his wife.

Coasting on Beaver Street is illegal

You can’t sit down while watering your lawn with a hose.

A group of 5 or more Native Americans are to be considered a raiding party and may be killed on the spot.

It is illegal to put pretzels in bags.

It is illegal to sip a carbonated drink while lecturing students in a school auditorium.

It is illegal to have sex with a truck driver inside a toll booth.

It is illegal to race mufflerless go-karts after 6PM on Sunday.

Horses are not to be tied to parking meters.

You cannot walk backwards eating peanuts in front of the Barnstormers Auditorium during a performance.

It is illegal to bring a donkey or a mule onto a trolley car.

No one is allowed to sleep in a refrigerator.

Every outlet or switch that is installed requires an electrical inspection fee of $1.33

It is required that a woman have a permit to wear cosmetics.

One may not shoot any dog that is found wandering the streets.

The sale of alcohol is prohibited.

All fire hydrants must be checked one hour before all fires.

One’s pants may be worn no lower than five inches below the waist.

In the middle of town, one must pay a fee of $50 dollars a year to park on a particular block.

At night, however, the cars must be moved for street cleaning. This law is enforced even if snow or ice prevents the cars from being moved.

Operators of bingo games may not advertise the prizes offered.

Sec. 105-12. Advertising.

It shall be unlawful for any club or person to advertise the prizes or their dollar value to be awarded in games of chance, provided that prizes may be identified on raffle tickets.

(Ord. No. 89-0-7, 8-21-89)

Persons convicted of felonies may not operate Bingo games.

Sec. 105-13. Prohibited persons.

No distributor nor any person who has been convicted of a felony or of a violation of the Bingo Law or of this chapter or of any comparable state or federal law shall have a pecuniary interest in the operation or proceeds of games of chance.

There is a ban on men becoming aroused in public.

It is contrary to Pennsylvania law to discharge a gun, cannon, revolver or other explosive weapon at a wedding.

Section 623 of The Pennsylvania Penal Code of 1939 (18 P.S. § 4623)

I believe the future of TCM is clear. The somewhat altruistic message of not wanting, needing or caring about viewership and ratings is waning. Whomever gets control will be following the U.S. Dollar.

2iky87.jpg

Cadillac is the new Oldsmobile

Well, I dunno about THAT, but in 2011, Mercury became the new Edsel.

I was Suspended for a day and a half and I have popped up again.

Guess that makes me a "floater", eh?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I was checking out some other film sites, I discovered these (TCM) Message Boards do not have a good reputation in the outside world - with all the negativity and disputatious behavior hereabouts.

It was rather refreshing to "get away from it all" 

..they're staring back at us..i know it..i can't tell..how can you tell?..i can't..i feel them staring at us..i say we check out the new litter box..come back later..see if they're still here..they'll know we're gone..

351wa43.jpg

• Like 1

I was Suspended for a day and a half and I have popped up again.

Guess that makes me a "floater", eh?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While I was checking out some other film sites, I discovered these (TCM) Message Boards do not have a good reputation in the outside world - with all the negativity and disputatious behavior hereabouts.

It was rather refreshing to "get away from it all" 

I don't know about any other film sites.  At least, on THIS site, you can kid some people.  Try THAT on most FACEBOOK pages, and you're OUTA there!

Sepiatone

Well it's getting close to Christmas.....Dear Santa.. :P

Good thing you want Santa to bring ya a Singapore Airlines RC airplane here, ham ol' boy...'cause word is the Malaysia Airlines RC airplanes have a tendency to get lost in flight sometimes, ya know!  ;)

(...yeah yeah, I know..."poor taste"...but that's ME sometimes, ya know!!!) LOL

• Like 1

For the past two years, a Florida senator has been submitting Florida S.B.###'s to keep DST in effect  - in Florida - year-round. Permanently. For the past two years his bills have died in the Senate.

I don't know for how long, but for some years there has been a push to have DST eliminated nationwide here in the good 'ol U.S. of A. The opposite of Florida's S.B.'s.          Our Congress isn't buying it.

I myself would prefer to eliminate DST.  My body clock works better without DST.

For the past two years, a Florida senator has been submitting Florida S.B.###'s to keep DST in effect  - in Florida - year-round. Permanently. For the past two years his bills have died in the Senate.

I don't know for how long, but for some years there has been a push to have DST eliminated nationwide here in the good 'ol U.S. of A. The opposite of Florida's S.B.'s.          Our Congress isn't buying it.

The entire U.S. did not observe changing back to Standard Time for one year in the 70's.  I think it might have been 1974, but I could be mistaken.  Even though it stayed lighter longer, it was still quite dark at 8 a.m.  This caused parents and school officials a great deal of concern as children had to wait at their morning bus stops in total darkness.  Because of this, the idea to be on Daylight Time year round was scrapped.  I think Arizona, Hawaii, and a good chunk of Indiana do not observe DST.  In the summer, Indiana and Illinois are on the same time.  In the winter, the Hoosiers are one hour ahead of me. 

Yes. That was from January 1974 to April 1975 - due to the Arab oil embargo which nearly doubled the prices at gas pumps. In my neighborhood it went from .29 to .50/gal overnight.

Government and Business favor(ed) it year-round as it allows for more revenues to be generated, which means more taxes collected. Good for the economy. Vulnerable school children waiting alone in the dark at their morning bus stops trumps this idea. Good for our families 8^) .. and so, DST remains.

Just learned this from Fox 5 news.  This is the oldest photo ever taken with a person in it.  There is a man getting his shoes shined, located in the bottom left.  Date of daguerreotype 1838.

daguerre7.jpg