Sign in to follow this  
dsl89

My TCM Festival coverage

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! Yes, I've just joined the message boards here and I hope to have an opportunity to post elsewhere. 

I met a lot of great people at the TCM Festival and I really hope I get to go next year. It is a little late to share coverage on it, but better late than never. 

I covered the festival for TheCelebrityCafe.com, where I've been writing for three years already and I have a column there I've been doing ever since I joined on classic films once a week called "Film Friday." 

Here's the general link to all the coverage I did. I also wrote a full review of The Stranger's Return, which just blew me out of the water. 

Anyway, I hope it's not frowned upon here to share your stuff and I will try to be active here. TCM is a real gift for us, but I'm sure everyone here knows that already.  :)

• Like 1

Hi, dsl, welcome to the boards (as much as that means coming from another newbie.) I enjoyed looking over your film festival coverage. I didn't go myself, and probably never will, but I am quite jealous of some of the films that were shown. When the ad for the festival starting announcing the showing of "Stormy Weather" almost immediately after I requested it to be shown on TCM I felt like I was being teased!

I've become rather curious of "The Stranger's Return," too, I hope it premieres on TCM sometime soon. It's a surprise it never has been shown, given it's an MGM film, and the stars and director involved. (Thanks for not putting spoilers in your review. Some people do that all the time!). Recently when TCM fan whats-his-name premiered "Went The Day Well?" I think he said he saw it at the 2011 TCMFF, so it took a few years to make it to the station. (And it took a fan to get it there!)

I didn't know that Alan Arkin was there. I hope there's a day coming up we'll get to see his interview, (anyone know of one?) just as I'm sure we'll be seeing Maureen O'Hara's interview come July when she is SOTM.