Sign in to follow this  
solarblast

Edward G. Robinson wakes up

6 posts in this topic

Are you serious? Did you ask this question tonight on purpose because the very film you're asking about was shown?

If not, that's quite a coincidence.

The film is The Woman in the Window, and it was aired just a few hours before you posted that question.

Hmm, I did notice it, but it seemed like another of  his movies.  I think it played once a month ago, so passed it up.  However, I don't recall the one a month ago had a dream.  Didn't he kill Dan Duryea and somehow ended up in jail? 

I'm headed for imdb to see if  there's any mention of the  "surprise ending".

Hmm, I did notice it, but it seemed like another of  his movies.  I think it played once a month ago, so passed it up.  However, I don't recall the one a month ago had a dream.  Didn't he kill Dan Duryea and somehow ended up in jail? 

I'm headed for imdb to see if  there's any mention of the  "surprise ending".

No, but he wanted to kill him...........

According to the imdb, a number of people recall the ending as a dream. Quite a few did not like the dream idea.  When I first saw the movie many years ago, I went with the dream idea.

solar, if you're talking about "Woman in the Window", it was most certainly a dream. That is made very clear; it's not one of those film endings that's left ambiguous..."What was that all about? was it a dream or not??..."

No, I just saw this movie last night, so it's fresh in my mind. Whoever thinks it's not clear must not be remembering it very well. 

Edward G. Robinson's character is awakened by the club butler (or whatever he is), rubs his eyes, and slowly gets up and leaves, noticing the faces of the coat check clerk and the doorman on his way out, as they were both people who appeared in his dream.