Sign in to follow this  
Hibi

GEORGE BRENT ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29 posts in this topic

TCM premiere of MAN BAIT tonight with DIANA DORS at 9:45pm. Cant wait! Interesting slate of films all evening and ALL TCM premieres!

Oh, Man, Hibi (or should I say, "oh, man bait"...sorry, I just can't seem to help it...)

anyway, damn, man, or whatever exclamation of excitement one prefers, this sounds really interesting. I'm going to be out tonight, but will try hard to make it home by 9:45, Man Bait time.

I'd be interested anyway, but am especially so because according to the plot description, Man Bait features a character who owns a book store.

Having worked in book stores for much of my life, I'm always up for seeing them depicted in movies.

And our man Georgie Porgie plays the lead ? !  Hope his rear end was of a managable size in this one. Those antique book shops can be pretty cramped.

Oh, Man, Hibi (or should I say, "oh, man bait"...sorry, I just can't seem to help it...)

anyway, damn, man, or whatever exclamation of excitement one prefers, this sounds really interesting. I'm going to be out tonight, but will try hard to make it home by 9:45, Man Bait time.

I'd be interested anyway, but am especially so because according to the plot description, Man Bait features a character who owns a book store.

Having worked in book stores for much of my life, I'm always up for seeing them depicted in movies.

And our man Georgie Porgie plays the lead ? !  Hope his rear end was of a managable size in this one. Those antique book shops can be pretty cramped.

LMREO! The whole night looks interesting especially this film! I'll  be keeping my eyes peeled....

TCM premiere of MAN BAIT tonight with DIANA DORS at 9:45pm. Cant wait! Interesting slate of films all evening and ALL TCM premieres!

As long as you don't mention a certain part of his anatomy, this thread can stay in "General Discussions".

As long as you don't mention a certain part of his anatomy, this thread can stay in "General Discussions".

Apparently so!!! :(

SP05e.JPG

"I suppose you want me to turn around so you can see what the rear half looks like. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy, manoeuvering it around all the corners in that tiny book shop..."

• Like 1

Same thing goes for the anatomy of Miss Dors as well I presume.

SP05e.JPG

"I suppose you want me to turn around so you can see what the rear half looks like. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy, manoeuvering it around all the corners in that tiny book shop..."

LOL. Someone said his head was photoshopped onto that torso.......

Same thing goes for the anatomy of Miss Dors as well I presume.

We'll see tomw!

Well, that was fun. Man Bait, I mean. 

But I do think the British title would have been better: The Last Page. After all, it was a book shop. And it turned out to be poor sexy Diana Dors' last page, so to speak.

I kept thinking Marguerite Chapman was Rosalind Russell. Or her sister, or something.

Good little movie, and deserving of the title "British noir". 

Yes, but, good sound, wot?!...as the Brits might say! 

And forget Diana...Marguerite Chapman was the REAL babe in this one!

be11cc1decd0da1ec50b86f5858bfcf4.jpg

(...but then again, I never got the whole "Diana Dors Brit Sex Goddess" thing to begin with!...what...err..WOT?...take an average lookin' girl, bleach her hair platinum blonde and VOILA, you're NOW supposed to have some kinda "sex goddess" or somethin'???!...NAY, I say!!!)

agreed.

she was stunning!

take an average lookin' girl, bleach her hair platinum blonde and VOILA, you're NOW supposed to have some kinda "sex goddess" or somethin'???!...NAY, I say!!!)

What is your problem, anyway, Dargo?

Hey, everybody, let's hear it from all those who love a good cheap peroxide floozie! ;)

690cf14c-7f27-4389-ac6f-8df7447c0c42_zps

Will I do?

Sorry, a little TOO cheap.

Hibi, you know there is a popular comedian and actor in Canadaland named Brent Butt?

Brent Butt does stand-up and had a very popular TV comedy series called "Corner Gas":
http://cornergasthemovie.com/indexcg.php

The TV series has been made into a movie that's supposed to come out this November: http://www.cornergasthemovie.com/

He starred in a "noirish" comedy film that opened earlier this year called "No Clue":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Clue

Read more about Brent Butt here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_Butt

Anyway, don't know if his parents were George Brent fans with a sense of humour when they named little Brent Butt... :)

Hey, everybody, let's hear it from all those who love a good cheap peroxide floozie! ;)

Will I do?

I agree with Dargo. Dors seems to appeal mainly to those who will take any sort of cheap blonde (did she and Mamie Van Doren buy their hair coloring formulas at the same corner drug store?). In my opinion Chapman exudes much more sophistication and is a lot sexier.  

SP05e.JPG

The face, at first glance looks like Reagan

Yes, but, good sound, wot?!...as the Brits might say! 

be11cc1decd0da1ec50b86f5858bfcf4.jpg

(...but then again, I never got the whole "Diana Dors Brit Sex Goddess" thing to begin with!...what...err..WOT?...take an average lookin' girl, bleach her hair platinum blonde and VOILA, you're NOW supposed to have some kinda "sex goddess" or somethin'???!...NAY, I say!!!)

She looks like Vivien Leigh.

I was hoping for a steamy love scene between Diana and George, but it was not to be! Just a chaste kiss. Never realized there was money to be had in bookstore extortion....

Hibi, you know there is a popular comedian and actor in Canadaland named Brent ****?

Brent **** does stand-up and had a very popular TV comedy series called "Corner Gas":

http://cornergasthemovie.com/indexcg.php

The TV series has been made into a movie that's supposed to come out this November: http://www.cornergasthemovie.com/

He starred in a "noirish" comedy film that opened earlier this year called "No Clue":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Clue

Read more about Brent **** here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_Butt

Anyway, don't know if his parents were George Brent fans with a sense of humour when they named little Brent ****... :)

LOL. Let's hope! :D

I agree with Dargo. Dors seems to appeal mainly to those who will take any sort of cheap blonde (did she and Mamie Van Doren buy their hair coloring formulas at the same corner drug store?). In my opinion Chapman exudes much more sophistication and is a lot sexier.

Unlike Van Doren, Dors could act. She had a career rebirth on stage in London in the 60s....She was married to Family Fued's Dick Dawson for quite awhile. I think she died fairly young.....

Well, that was fun. Man Bait, I mean. 

But I do think the British title would have been better: The Last Page. After all, it was a book shop. And it turned out to be poor sexy Diana Dors' last page, so to speak.

I kept thinking Marguerite Chapman was Rosalind Russell. Or her sister, or something.

Good little movie, and deserving of the title "British noir".

Yes, I like the British title better too. Naturally they had to give it a more lurid title for the States. I've never seen a bookstore with so many employees!!

Will I do?

LOL

No, of course not, Tom. That cheap blonde floozie WON'T do at all!

Now haven't I made myself clear here? I MUCH prefer Brunettes, and like the one that cheap blonde floozie is traveling with here in this picture...

936full-some-like-it-hot-screenshot.jpg

(...uh-huh, THAAAAT'S right...the one that looks AND sounds a lot like Eve Arden!!!)

LOL