Sign in to follow this  
TopBilled

THE CRYING GAME (1992)

15 posts in this topic

I have heard nothing but good things about this film. Forest Whitaker is in this, right? 

• Like 1

I have heard nothing but good things about this film. Forest Whitaker is in this, right? 

That is correct. With Stephen Rea, and Jaye Davidson who also appeared in the original STARGATE movie.

Boy George sings the title song, a cover of a tune first recorded in the sixties. It was a number one hit for him in North America. 

• Like 1

Oh, that's good. I have to remember that its on (probably late at night) The surprise in the film was ruined for me before I saw it due to a press story, so I never got the full effect..........Unsure if I would have caught on or not......

• Like 1

The twist changes the film from an interesting thriller to a story about the nature and many faces of love.

An awful movie.Already dated and not controversial

You thought it was awful? I havent seen it in a long time, but I didnt think it was awful......

I saw it in the 8th grade and talked my English teacher into seeing it.  :)   He did and he liked it.

I haven't seen it in years, though.  I will have to remember that it is on.  I know I really liked it.

When I first heard the song, I thought it was familiar.  I didn't think it was original.  Brenda Lee's version sounds pretty good.

• Like 1

Thankfully, I was off work on Tues, so could stay up late to watch it. I hadnt seen it since it came out. Still holds up very well. Loved it.

• Like 1

Thankfully, I was off work on Tues, so could stay up late to watch it. I hadnt seen it since it came out. Still holds up very well. Loved it.

I have Charter cable, and I see it is available at TCM on-demand for a few days. I may watch it again.

I thought it held up very well.  In fact, I preferred it this time, because I wasn't bracing for the surprise and could better concentrate.  The song is a classic.

By the way, when I saw it in the theatre about half-way through the film a small portion of the ceiling gave way and fell to the seats below.  Some patrons were hit with wet debris and limped out to the lobby.  (No one was hurt.)  To the theatre's credit they didn't stop the movie.  An usher came through with a flashlight and sort of half-heartedly shone it at the ceiling.  I had a laughing fit and had to go to the lobby where I saw the victims of the collapse drying themselves off.  Weird!

I thought it held up very well.  In fact, I preferred it this time, because I wasn't bracing for the surprise and could better concentrate.  The song is a classic.

By the way, when I saw it in the theatre about half-way through the film a small portion of the ceiling gave way and fell to the seats below.  Some patrons were hit with wet debris and limped out to the lobby.  (No one was hurt.)  To the theatre's credit they didn't stop the movie.  An usher came through with a flashlight and sort of half-heartedly shone it at the ceiling.  I had a laughing fit and had to go to the lobby where I saw the victims of the collapse drying themselves off.  Weird!

LOL. I guess even the theater was shocked. I never got the full effect as I had read too much about the movie before i saw it......

• Like 1