lavenderblue19

IGNORE OPTION

47 posts in this topic

Where is the Ignore Option? It used to be under our monikers, does anyone know how that can be accessed? And can a poster's moniker also be put on Ignore? Thanks

I still see it when I click on my screen name in the upper right corner of the page (next to the notifications). There is a menu for Manage Ignore Preferences.

OK, I am editing this post as a test. It is now August 12, 2014. If you think I am making up the date to trick anybody, we just learned yesterday (August 11) that Robin Williams had died.

Edited by scsu1975

Where is the Ignore Option? It used to be under our monikers, does anyone know how that can be accessed? And can a poster's moniker also be put on Ignore? Thanks

Who are you going to ignore??? (I think I know!)

Who are you going to ignore??? (I think I know!)

Did our "ignore" choices on the old boards carry over to the new boards? I assume that if the ignoree selects a new user name, we have to re-ignore the person.

Did our "ignore" choices on the old boards carry over to the new boards? I assume that if the ignoree selects a new user name, we have to re-ignore the person.

finance,

No they probably didn't as this is a new software platform and not an upgrade of the old boards.  If you had a poster(s) on Ignore at the old boards and you want to continue to use that function, you should add them via the Ignore function here.

Beats me. I dont use the ignore button at present, though I do skip threads and responses

• Like 1

Lynn wrote she doesn't think so. One poster that I speak to thru pm's told me that when the bds were updated, she put the same poster that she had on Ignore from the old bds on ignore all over again. It's easy to do. As Rich explained to me just click on your user name the drop down menu has the IGNORE Preference click on that and fill out what they ask.

Lynn already wrote she doesn't think so. One poster that I speak to thru pm's told me that when the bds were updated, she put the same poster that she had on Ignore from the old bds on ignore all over again. It's easy to do. As Rich explained to me just click on your user name the drop down menu has the IGNORE Preference click on that and fill out what they ask.

I know, but I wanted to respond to finance.........he doesnt want to be ignored!

I would never use the ignore feature to blank out a member, but the one option I wish the ignore feature would provide is to not see certain avatars.

• Like 2

Now he knows we're don't have him on Ignore LOL ( but can't speak for anyone else) LOL

Maybe me, but what about you??? (LOL)

I would never use the ignore feature to blank out a member, but the one option I wish the ignore feature would provide is to not see certain avatars.

Word.

You may be on to something there.

• Like 3

And I would never join any group of people who wouldn't place me on ignore.

(...or somethin' like that anyway)

• Like 1

though there IS a way to ignore 'signatures' ;)

There are posters however that probably go to threads that look like Swiss Cheese, with all the holes since they've put more than half the posters on the board ON IGNORE, LOL

You'd think that if they need to constantly put many posters ON IGNORE, they'd get the hint and realize the problem lies with the one who puts many posters ON IGNORE, not the other way around.

There are posters however that probably go to threads that look like Swiss Cheese, with all the holes since they've put more than half the posters on the board ON IGNORE, LOL

You'd think that if they need to constantly put many posters ON IGNORE, they'd get the hint and realize the problem lies with the one who puts many posters ON IGNORE, not the other way around.

The 'quote' feature used by someone that is NOT 'on ignore' will show (quote),  the post of someone that is 'on ignore'. 

So I'm using the qoute feature for those posters I know are 'on ignore' by someone that really likes to ignore a lot of people around here.    (they provided an actual count of ignored users yesterday and since then have placed two more users on ignore).   

This way they still have to see comments from those posters they have 'on ignore'.   

james, it's unfortunate the posters that should see my post, most probably won't. Yes, there's also a good chance I'm on the poster's Ignore List,you know the one that's so fond of IGNORING half the posters around here. If he and his friend read my post, they might see the error of their ways, although it's doubtful. Thanks for reposting my post :)

Why would anyone want to block out anyone's posts with "ignore"? You miss them digging their own hole writing stoopid comments.

It's like watching a train wreck....I can't look away! (geez I hope I'm not the one on everyone's ignore)

Because the previous post was removed just want to post that I had nothing to do with that and also because it looks weird that the quote of mine the other poster used was removed at the same time. but my moniker remained.The deletion of their post has nothing to do with my post, but rather what the other poster posted. Hope that's clear, in other words I'm innocent!

Because the previous post was removed just want to post that I had nothing to do with that and also because it looks weird that the quote of mine the other poster used was removed at the same time. but my moniker remained.The deletion of their post has nothing to do with my post, but rather what the other poster posted. Hope that's clear, in other words I'm innocent!

LOL. I'm totally lost............

LOL. I'm totally lost............

It looks like the moderator removed a post.    The quote feature was used for that post,  so this is why what was contained in the quote is blank. 

Just a guess but the date and time stamp related to the post in the quote no longer exist.