nancynancy

Watch TCM Movies on Demand doesn't work today

36 posts in this topic

I usually have no problems watching Movies on Demand on my computer with Watch TCM. But today, I've clicked on several Movies on Demand films, and none of them will play on my computer. It's very frustrating.

For some reason, the short "coming attractions" clips for Movies on Demand will play normally, but the full length movies will not. I have no trouble with TCM's Watch Live. My cable provider is ATT U-verse. 

Is anyone else having this problem? What do you suggest I do? Thank you for your help.

I just called ATT U-verse this evening. Their rep was also unable to access the Movies on Demand on tcm.com. So it appears to be a problem with the tcm website, not a problem with ATT U-verse.  

Moderators, please tell your technical people that viewers cannot access Movies on Demand on tcm.com. I hope this problem can be resolved quickly.

Thank you.

• Like 1

So happy that I read this topic. Ive been going crazy all day trying to watch any full length movie. I have Verizon Fios and also cant watch any on-demand movie. Live streaming is fine but cant watch a movie.

Hope it gets fixed soon!!!

• Like 2

Hi Zipper. I am still having the same problem with Watch TCM Movies on Demand that I had yesterday. I hope the Moderators are reading these boards and can alert the technical staff to the problem because it is most likely affecting everyone who wants to watch Movies on Demand on their computer.

By the way, I sent a message to TCM's Support Center at the following link, and I suggest you do the same.

http://www.tcm.com/contact-tcm.html

I'm also planning to leave a phone message about the problem  at TCM's viewer relations line 404-885-5535.

Nancynancy

Thanks for the info. I just emailed the problem to TCM. I cant believe we are the only ones saying anything about this problem.

I used the on-demand on Wednesday night.. Thursday morning.. nothing. and have been trying to check everything on my computer to see if something changed. I didnt change anything.

Nice to know I'm not alone. Let me know if you hear something or it starts working.. I'll do the same.

Any moderators??? listening???

Wednesday the 25th, I watched a movie On Demand. Thursday the 26th, I read. Friday the 27th, I've been unable to watch any On-Demand movies. I, too, have been freaking out but managed to find this thread and join the community so that I could post. Perhaps something good has come from this awful situation. I'll typically watch a movie On Demand three to seven days a week, and today has been a frustrating one. My cable service provider is Comcast/Xfinity, and I hope this problem is resolved very soon.

• Like 3

Hi all,

I was wonderiing about the TCM website as well. When I go to see a movie the actual video part is skewed to the far right. I also tried changing settings and looked for any recent changes on my computer to uninstall, but it still does not work.

Has anyone else had the same problem? It looks like it is loading, and it sometimes does to one side of the "screen", but the rest is black.

on well, I will check  back in the morning.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I can confirm Watch On Demand does not work and has been broken for a couple of days.

Watch live works.  Watch On Demand, not so much.

Sad because the movie I have been trying to see is going to expire. 

:(

Had this problem a few weeks ago and it took a month to get resolved.

• Like 2

Thank you, moderator, for alerting TCM's technical staff about the problem with Movies on Demand. I hope we don't have to wait one month to get this problem fixed.

• Like 1

I've been having issues with my Watch TCM via the web as well. It's been going on since Thursday and when I try to watch a movie, all I get is a black screen. I have checked my flash player and it's working and I thought maybe my cable provider, Optimum, cut off the service. I called there yesterday afternoon, and they had the same problem. My live stream works perfectly and so do the movie clips that are with the movies. I hope this fix this before the movies I want to see expire. I use the Internet Explorer 11 browser via Windows 8.1 if that helps anyone else.

• Like 3

filmnoir86

You're not alone... that's exactly what I'm experiencing... it's frustrating especially when some of my favorite movies are on the list. Hopefully it will get fixed before they're gone.

• Like 2

Still not working for me. The live stream and clips are. Almost teatime, too, and I'd love to see _Pretty Maids All in a Row_ this afternoon. On Demand is just the greatest because I don't have to miss anything if the phone rings, or something similar. What is the problem, TCM? Zut alors!

Just found the movie available On Demand on the TV, though, so the day is saved. Teatime! 

• Like 2

I am wondering if it is a Browser issue...my TCM Mobile app works and on my tablet as well; I tried on another computer and it did not work either. Of course, I am no tech guru, but just wondering why it works on some devices and not regular PC's?

• Like 2

This is really getting frustrating; the On Demand PC movies have not been available since at least Thursday morning, and we seem to be getting zero responsiveness from TCM about it. For those who are wondering why they can play movies on their iPads and iPhones, but not on their PCs, I suspect the issue is the following:

- iPad and iPhone (and maybe Mac, though I can't be sure since I don't have one) use a Quicktime-based app. The Quicktime version of TCM On Demand seems to be unaffected by the issue.

- Windows PCs use an Adobe Flash version of the TCM On Demand application. I am not aware of a Flash update late last week that may have changed the way that movies would display (and, since YouTube is working just fine, I doubt that's the problem). But, clearly the Flash version of TCM On Demand is having problems.

Like many others, I'm sure, I've sent an e-mail to TCM with absolutely no response (my e-mail was sent on Thursday and I am writing this on Sunday). I do not believe this has anything to do with our Internet providers, since it appears to be a problem across all providers.

It would be great if we could get an update on a resolution to this issue, since movies rotate out of the queue on a weekly basis. Mr./Ms. Admin/Moderator, I hope you're paying attention to this issue. Lack of communication is never a good policy for any company experiencing a problem.

• Like 5

I started having the same problem last week. I can watch clips, live now, but not movies on demand. It was working fine on all computers, then stopped working. It does not work on XP, or Windows 7. Does not work on Chrome, IE, or Mozilla. No errors in windows logs. Please, TCM fix this!

I've sent a message to the moderators using the 'contact us' option. Maybe others should do the same. Maybe that way we can get an update

• Like 1

Yes, I just got the word that this should be resolved now.  Please let us know if it stops working again and sorry for the delay!

• Like 2

Thank you to all those who kept on posting until this matter was solved. I can finally enjoy the TCM movies at my leisure.

Also, thank you to the moderators who facilitated the fix.

:)