Myke

Watch TCM doesn't work on Google Chrome

55 posts in this topic

Or at least I can't get any one of the movies to play except for the one that's playing LIVE.

I have Windows 7, I have the latest Google Chrome update and Adobe Flashplayer update. I played a movie and there's a black screen. No sound or nothing. 

• Like 1

Myke

Its not your system. Im having problems getting the on-demand movies to work too. See the next topic...

i emailed TCM and they said theyd look into it and get back to us

I'm not exactly sure how to work forums, but I haven't been able to work Watch TCM on Google Chrome either. Every time I try to watch a video, it loads the play button, but then it just stays on a black screen when clicked. Eventually, it gives me a pop up box that says, "checkAuthZ timeout". Then it doesn't load at all. 

It doesn't matter what computer I use, its always only Chrome. Mozilla and Internet Explorer work fine, but why not Chrome? Is anyone else experiencing this problem? 

(As a note, I have tried watching Three Godfathers, Waterloo Bridge, Blow-Up and Another Thin Man, all of which have done the thing mentioned above). 

I am still having the same issue with Google Chrome, getting the checkAuthZ timeout.  My flashplayer is also up to date.  I get black screen, no sound, and that message.  I have tried it on every computer in the house.  Supplier is Xfinity thru Comcast.  Any suggestions?

Greetings TCM Message Board,

I have had problems for the last two weeks using on demand with my Google Chrome. I love to watch TCM On Demand and until recently have had no problems viewing using the Chrome. I am however ready to give it up now as I just do not have the patience any longer to keep at it with no hope of success playing a film. I have failed to load and play a film for almost 2 weeks. I get the check authorization time out alert with each movie I try loading. I never had this problem in the past...going back to the launch of the service.  My MacBook computer plays TCM On Demand without problems (13" screen!). With my Chrome I have the Chromecast device that allows me to view the movies on my large Sony TV which is just like watching TCM live. Perhaps I should just use the MacBook...I am sure they have some device that would allow me to watch on the big screen, I just don't know what that device is.

To the moderator:

Is there a way to fix this problem? Do I just go for the MacBook solution and forget the Chrome?

I would appreciate any help.

Patrick

I am also experiencing this problem; Watch TCM has been working fine through Google Chrome, and for the first time today the videos wouldn't play and a "checkAuthZ timeout" message appeared. Managed to get around it by using a different browser, but it is inconvenient. Hope this gets resolved soon! Thanks. 

An update to this issue:

We’re looking for possible solutions and ask you to please continue to test this if you can.  Please report the time of day when this is occurring and if its occurring consistently. If the auth process takes too much time, over 20 seconds w/o completing, I’d recommend closing the window and try again. Until resolved, I’d also recommend using another browser.

Apparently this is a known issue acknowledged by Xfinity and Adobe Pass.  On a techie side, for some users, the time it takes for the auth window to complete is leaving users in a state of limbo that results in the eventual auth error and timeout, which may not always occur, it’s dependent on user’s connection and auth time via Adobe Pass.

Yes, same here in New Jersey, with Infinity Comcast and Google Chrome, won't allow Watch TCM to boot on demand video of films....I get the CheckAuthZ Timeout screen, and then nothing...

Any chance this will be resolved before all the Halloween Classic films are gone for the season?

Technology is great....when it works!

Franz in NJ

Apparently this is a known issue acknowledged by Xfinity and Adobe Pass.  On a techie side, for some users, the time it takes for the auth window to complete is leaving users in a state of limbo that results in the eventual auth error and timeout, which may not always occur, it’s dependent on user’s connection and auth time via Adobe Pass.

How about Dish Network users?  We're getting the same consistent error.

Hi I can't view Movies on Demand on either Internet Explorer or Chrome.  I click on any given movie and the screen is black and then I eventually get an checkauthorization timeout message.  This has been going on for months.

Please let me know when this is fixed.

Thank you.

Ginny

• Like 1

Count me in on this problem. I can't get watch TCM to work using either my home PC or my laptop. I'm getting the Check auth timeout error using both Firefox and Chrome. 

My laptop is a little ASUS Transformer Book T100TAF. I have xfinity for my provider.

I was able to use the android app previously on a tablet not recommended for Watch TCM and I'm a little surprised that moving to a Windows based 2 in 1 would be a problem.

Ginny,

This issue has been resolved for me. I have an HP 2000, and my provider is Xfinity as well. Most times it works just fine. I hope it gets resolved for you too. Good luck!

It's now been 3+ weeks since I've been able to use WatchTCM on my laptop (Firefox browser), and the part that is really confusing is that it stopped iN THE MIDDLE OF A MOVIE three weeks ago, with 5 minutes left. Sometimes that happens because my laptop's wifi adaptor is really crappy and decides it doesn't want to work for a bit, but refreshing the page did nothing and I haven't been able to stream anything since.

In response to the October mod post about the issue:

I just get the black screen right before the video loads and the status bar says "transferring data from www.tcm.com" until it just stops. It's taken me a while to even get google to cough up this forum thread because it's kind of an obscure problem, and I've tried every other suggestion for broken flash player/streaming, but of course as far as I can tell it's JUST the WatchTCM (I don't watch anything else, except YouTube which has HTML5 turned on...). I've tried closing my browser, restarting the computer, just about everything I could think of.

I also use XFinity, but can play movies just fine using the WatchTCM app on my Android phone (except 2 weeks ago when it was broken, but they fixed it within a day or two). I have to use closed captioning, so watching on my tiny phone is a pretty miserable experience.

Hello

For anyone having this problem, can you please tell me if this happens all the time, or is there a certain time of day this occurs?  Does it happen with all movies, or just particular ones?

Can you also tell me what broswers (and what version) you've been having this problem with? 

• Like 1

Hello

For anyone having this problem, can you please tell me if this happens all the time, or is there a certain time of day this occurs?  Does it happen with all movies, or just particular ones?

Can you also tell me what broswers (and what version) you've been having this problem with? 

1. Any time of day, every day of the week since April 10 for me. I've tried 3am and midnight and 10am and 2pm and 5pm and 7pm...

2. Every movie I try to watch with WatchTCM.

3. I'm using the latest version of Firefox, and in fact made sure it was updated. Also have checked that I haven't inadvertently blocked important javascript and that my Adobe Flashplayer is up to date.

It stopped working in the middle of a movie and hasn't worked since.

Hello

I had been having this issue, then it stopped for awhile. For the past week or so, I haven't been able to view on Chrome or Firefox. Both of my laptops are HP2000, one of them less than a month old. I mostly try to watch in late afternoon thru until 8, when I watch on a regular TV. I get the Auth time out message.

It can easily be fixed if TCM reverse the last App update and post bach the older App. The last update only work properly on Android 4.4. Anybody who used to watch TCM on android 4.3 and lowew started having problem because their media( tablet, phone, etc) auto update on all Apps. The latest update killed it for viewers who have Android OS older than Android 4.4.

Hang the App developers.

It's having issue again. Black screen as of now.

Google Chrome up to latest update via desktop computer. Tried to watch Chimes at Midnight and Casablanca but it's just a black screen. When you hover the mouse pointer over the black screen there's a play button and audio options and I clicked on play and nothing's doing.

My Chrome for TCM stopped working about 2 weeks ago, but works on Internet Explorer. 

I thought it was the plugin and it still could be...I disabled Adobe plugin and it lets me sign in now, but I cannot watch video. 

I tried to update pepflashplayer...but don't know if I did it correctly --- it says out of process.

Just a little info of what I have found. 

Any fixes yet? I am just now coming in on the discussion. 

Thanks,

N