Myke

Watch TCM doesn't work on Google Chrome

55 posts in this topic

It can easily be fixed if TCM reverse the last App update and post bach the older App. The last update only work properly on Android 4.4. Anybody who used to watch TCM on android 4.3 and lowew started having problem because their media( tablet, phone, etc) auto update on all Apps. The latest update killed it for viewers who have Android OS older than Android 4.4.

Hang the App developers.

Late April is when it started for me. I think swabyw has the solution. The app is just about useless as it is now for me on my Galaxy Tablet.

For those of you using the TCM app for Android, can you please let me know exactly what type of device you are using, and is it all up to date? Also, when did any problems start, after the update, or were you already experiencing issues? 

For those who are having trouble with the authentification issue when trying to watch on a computer (desktop, laptop), please let me know what browsers you have tried (and what version), and if you've tried multiple times. This appears to be more of an issue with a users internet connection, but we are still continuing to look at the problem. 

For those of you using the TCM app for Android, can you please let me know exactly what type of device you are using, and is it all up to date? Also, when did any problems start, after the update, or were you already experiencing issues? 

For those who are having trouble with the authentification issue when trying to watch on a computer (desktop, laptop), please let me know what browsers you have tried (and what version), and if you've tried multiple times. This appears to be more of an issue with a users internet connection, but we are still continuing to look at the problem.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 that is up to date. I believe my problems started in late April. App worked great up till then. Now it quits in playback. Usually the screen goes dark with audio playing. If I back out, reselect and restart movie, find the scene where it quit, I can watch for another 10 minutes or so and then it happens again. Sometimes it won't start back up unless I go back to scratch and open the app. Not a pleasant viewing experience to say the least. Youtube, HBO To Go, Watch ESPN, etc. work fine. I want Watch TCM back. Please help.

I'm using Chrome and the feed just doesnt play. I switch to Firefox and it works fantastic. Only problem is that I have a chromecast and I wish to watch TCM on my TV to follow along with the Summer of Darkness Marathon 

I'm using Chrome and the feed just doesnt play. I switch to Firefox and it works fantastic. Only problem is that I have a chromecast and I wish to watch TCM on my TV to follow along with the Summer of Darkness Marathon 

It's the exact opposite for me! Five minutes ago, I tried to watch http://www.tcm.com/watchtcm/movies/3449/Dance-Hall/ on Firefox (which hasn't worked for me since April, and stopped in the middle of a movie, which is the oddest part), but I'd seen your post here and downloaded Chrome today. Wouldn't you know, that movie is playing RIGHT NOW in the other window on the same laptop, but I only get the black screen in the WatchTCM tab on Firefox.

It occurs to me that I had been using WatchTCM on my laptop with the Firefox browser for about a year when it stopped working.

Also, the WatchTCM app on my phone works using my house wifi even when my Firefox browser doesn't, using the same house wifi, so I can't imagine it's my laptop's connection (especially since I now see that Chrome does work, at the same time that Firefox doesn't).

Windows 7, Google Chrome, Adobe Flashplayer all up to date.  When I try to sign-in to WatchTCM I get the following message:

Authentication Error

A timeout or configuration error caused this operation to fail. The error has been logged. Please try again.

Details: Show | Hide

Please help.

Note: Watch TCM works on this computer using the Internet Explorer browser, but not Chrome.  Would very much like to get it to work with Chrome so I can utilize the Chromecast device to view Watch TCM on the television.

Still isn't working for me on desktop computer. I'm with Verizon FiOs with Google Version 43.0.2357.124 m. The media player shows a black screen with a play button and other buttons for volume and closed caption and that's it. I clicked on play and nothing's doing. It's as if there's a bug in trying to capture the film I'm trying to watch and that is ANY film.

Has not been working for me since sometime in April.  It plays in Firefox, but not in Internet Explorer or Chrome (blank player in both).  

I'm on Windows 8.1 Professional, with the latest Flash Player version 18.0.0.160, Core Video Player 2.4.3.1, and Container 2.0.5.1.  

My guess is that your player was updated some time in April and it horked various browsers.  I have had no problem with any other web pages playing videos, just TCM. 

TCM Tech Support, please feel free to contact me at the email address associated with my login here, if you'd like to debug this. 

Hi everyone. I also had the blank screen no start problem in Google chrome, although Internet Explorer worked perfectly. I inspected the settings elements on both browsers and found Internet Explorer was not running an add blocker While Google Chrome was (ad blocker plus) I disabled ad blocker plus and bingo Google Chrome works!!! I hope this helps others. Thank all of you for posting you'r problems it helped with my trouble shooting. By the way Add Blocker Plus is the red stop sign at the right top of you'r tab click on it then click on enable it should change to disable, now chrome will work.

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I also had the blank screen no start problem in Google chrome, although Internet Explorer worked perfectly. I inspected the settings elements on both browsers and found Internet Explorer was not running an add blocker While Google Chrome was (ad blocker plus) I disabled ad blocker plus and bingo Google Chrome works!!! I hope this helps others. Thank all of you for posting you'r problems it helped with my trouble shooting. By the way Add Blocker Plus is the red stop sign at the right top of you'r tab click on it then click on enable it should change to disable, now chrome will work.

This worked for me.  I had tried it initially, disabling just for the site, but maybe I had needed to restart the browser.  In any case, disabling the adblocker for www.tcm.com does seem to enable the video stream.  Thanks!

Unfortunately, but this is an impossible "fix" for me, as I have never installed AdBlock on my installation of Chrome. In fact, I use Chrome only for WatchTCM and do not visit any other websites, so have not installed an add-ons.

Nonetheless, I can usually watch at most one or two movies each day before I get the "CheckAuth Error". (Sometimes it's because I stopped in the middle, or it was a short, or who knows? other times it doesn't work the first time, and I have to re-open the browser.) I also have never blocked ads, javascript, etc. on the TCM site on Firefox. (Furthermore, it stopped working in the middle of a movie in my instance, when I hadn't done anything one way or the other.)

I am inclined to think the internet/computer speed thing might be part of the cause, except - once again - mine stopped working in the middle of the movie when nothing had changed to my set-up or internet service or even the computer itself and I can stream a movie on Chrome while simultaneously unable to stream on Firefox.

(edited to adjust a few words to make it read more correctly)

It is possible that AdBlock is the culprit in this. I read what TCM CHAPP said and unblocked all pages on TCM.com and tried a random movie and it didn't load at first. I closed Google Chrome and reopened it and tried another movie and it works! For me at least. So, I guess turn off any ad blocking programs if you want to stream movies off TCM.com but I don't get why the program would interfere the streaming service? Anyway... thanks TCM CHAPP! 

Unfortunately, but this is an impossible "fix" for me, as I have never installed AdBlock on my installation of Chrome. In fact, I use Chrome only for WatchTCM and do not visit any other websites, so have not installed an add-ons.

Nonetheless, I can usually watch at most one or two movies each day before I get the "CheckAuth Error". (Sometimes it's because I stopped in the middle, or it was a short, or who knows? other times it doesn't work the first time, and I have to re-open the browser.) I also have never blocked ads, javascript, etc. on the TCM site on Firefox. (Furthermore, it stopped working in the middle of a movie in my instance, when I hadn't done anything one way or the other.)

I am inclined to think the internet/computer speed thing might be part of the cause, except - once again - mine stopped working in the middle of the movie when nothing had changed to my set-up or internet service or even the computer itself and I can stream a movie on Chrome while simultaneously unable to stream on Firefox.

(edited to adjust a few words to make it read more correctly)

I have Centurylink 12Mbps service. I went out today and bought Google chrome cast works although lags on Watch TCM , other apps work perfect!

I've used AdBlock for years and tcm.com was not working on Chrome.  I just whitelisted the tcm.com domain and now it works just fine.  I didn't have to restart the browser.  Thanks for the tip.

By the way everyone, my son ( a network administrator) and I checked into this lagging issue on chrome cast (not to be confused with the chrome browser itself), and found that if the web site is owned by google or has an agreement with google it works fine. If a web site has no agreement LAG-LAG-LAG, and then disconnect. When connecting to YOU TUBE for example you will notice when you start casting the computer screen will stop playing yet TV screen will show video or movie. If you cast WATCH TCM to Chrome Cast you will notice computer screen and TV screen showing at same time only TV will lag and eventually disconnect. The long and short is Google apps or licensees stream while others encode redirect and lag. If you have a long HDMI cable and a HDMI cable port on the computer run the cable to TV and Watch TCM without lag on TV. Hope it helps!!! 

TCM CHAPP

I like TCM on demand very much-i have a bunch of computers i have built for myself and family. I have no troubles(anymore) getting it to play flawlessly everytime, just about, on my windows7.1 in firefox versions 28-39. adblock or not. though i did whitelist tcm long ago in at least one computer

that said, I have crazy issues getting tcm movies on demand or live to play on my linux Mint17.2 Mate computers. i have changed a couple over to linux out of reaction to the windows 8,now 10 direction microsoft has taken. I have zero problems on one computer in linux,it has an old gpu, too. far out of date and use the free graphics card drivers for AMD processors it is covered, not that old (hd4670 hdmi) in case interested. In my new computer with another amd processor and gpu 7900series and fx processor, nothing doing in firefox and turner. you tube , great, cnet videos no issues at all, movies on line through a number of sites either flash or html5-no trouble. but with turner, and only recently, i get the spinning wheel. I have tried pepperflaxh, i have tried pipelight plugin , i have wine and IE and a windows version of firefox in wine. nothing doing. It had been playing just fine til a month or so. probaly less. i do not check all the time since i have such good luck in my windows 7 set up. only it is a more energy demanding system. i only bothered to try the linux version with the new components due to the energy savings potential. and i found i can not make it work. i have spent the beter parts of 2 days testing all sorts of flash combinations and pepperflash , pipelight plus 64bit versions of flash with or without the standard 32bit since most of firefox browsers are only 32 bit anyway. still no dice . the most perplexing thing is that it had been just fine the last time i tried turner classic on demand on that machine.  i did nothing at all to mess it up other than to update the items that showed up in the updater.

my linux 3¢ for now. i hope it gets ironed out i have learned about so many options on how to 'make flash movies' play in linux it usually takes me time to hit upon the proper current methodology.

john

Can anyone help me understand why I can no longer access TCM on my laptop? I use Chrome, Windows 8.1. No problem on my Kindle or my phone, but for several months now, I've not been able to view films on my computer.

Can anyone help me understand why I can no longer access TCM on my laptop? I use Chrome, Windows 8.1. No problem on my Kindle or my phone, but for several months now, I've not been able to view films on my computer.

Hello

I've merged your post with an existing thread we already had on this subject. As you can read, you are not the only one who has experienced this problem. Some have mentioned that disabling any ad blocker on your browser might help.

Our testers have had trouble replicating this issue, and come to the conclusion that it could be the result of an individuals internet connection.

However if you can provide me with some additional information, I will pass that one so they can keep testing.

What version of Chrome are you using, and can you explain exactly what happens, or any error messages you might be receiving?

I use a Chromebook, the cloud machine thats neither a pc or apple. I'm a DirectTV subscriber, and have watched movies on this laptop for a few months with TCM Movies on demand, no problem. Now the site asks for me to log in. It accepts my password, then shows me logged in, (the Sign Out message appears). As soon as the selected movie switches to ready mode, (play arrow in the center of the screen), the Sign In message appears again, and the movie is not playable. Seems like this is a problem with the site, not my Chromebook. I have no Ad blocker function, and only Chrome as a browser.

Moderator, would you please look into this?

Cancel the request. Sorry I couldnt solve the problem before my earlier post, but I restarted the machine again after cleaning out more downloads, and now I can watch TCM Movies on Demand again. Dont know why it took two restarts for the fix.

I'm happy to report my issue was resolved by disabling my ad blocker.  Actually, I only had to "pause" it.   Thank you for that suggestion.  It was very frustrating because I also was using the Apple TV which worked, but not well.  B)

Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm experiencing the same problem: not able to view TCM On Demand or Live via ASUS Chromebook Flip. That same message---"AuthZ timeout"---shows up. I do not run any kind of ad blocking software. I connect through Comcast Xfinity. Any suggestions?