Sign in to follow this  
terrya

"The Times of Harvey Milk" on TCM tonight 07/10/14

7 posts in this topic

This is a absolutely superb documentary about Harvey Milk, champion of our community. I thank TCM for airing it. I'll definitely be watching (and recording) this.

• Like 4

One of the greats. Dianne Feinstein (now Senator Feinstein) is in it -- she became Mayor of SF when Mayor Moscone was assassinated. And it also features the Jonestown massacre, which took place at that time.

• Like 2

I watched the film for the first time last night on TCM. Thanks TCM for showing it! Incredible documentary. Flashbacks and flash forwards are never my favorite but it was handled impeccably and made the presentation seamless, thoroughly enjoyable, and engrossing. It's amazing that many of the initiatives Milk strived to get accomplished are still on the table 35 years later. He was a man ahead of his time, incredible vision. The interviews were engaging and the film felt fresh all these years later.

• Like 2

On Facebook earlier today, a friend of mine posted a picture of Harvey Milk. It would have been Harvey's 85th birthday today.

I wish TCM would re-air THE TIMES OF HARVEY MILK.

Of course, this is a discussion that could occur here as well as in the Documentaries sub-forum.

The Times of Harvey Milk is coming up again on Monday, February 5 at 9:45 PM as part of a run of documentaries. If there were a gay "Essentials", this would be part of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2