TomJH

Who Is The MOST ANNOYING ACTOR In The Movies?

325 posts in this topic

Harpo is often annoying, but every time he does that flopping his leg over someone's upturned hand I laugh my head off.

Aww Harpo is my favorite Marx Brother.  I always thought Zeppo was the lamest one.  Did he ever do anything funny?  Chico was my least favorite, except I love how he plays piano-- very unique and he's very good.  Harpo's harp playing is fantastic.  Poor Groucho I don't think played any instrument, but thank goodness he had all those hilarious one liners.  I need to watch more of the Marx Brothers films.  I have both of their box sets.  My favorite so far is A Night at the Opera but I really liked Horse Feathers as well.

I recently watched a Dick Cavett interview from the 70s when Groucho was with Erin Fleming, his "secretary."  While Groucho was funny... I couldn't help but feel saddened from his relationship with Fleming.  There was just something about the way she talked about him and their relationship that didn't seem right.  The vibe I got was that she wasn't really interested in being with Groucho; but rather she was using him to further her own agenda.

Zeppo was the straight man. I think he sang sometimes.

Groucho played the clarinet, I believe.

hmm.  If Groucho did play the clarinet, that gives me something that I can say Groucho and I have in common! I played the clarinet from 5th grade through 12th!

Ouch.

Groucho played the guitar.

But he only played it in one movie HORSEFEATHERS.

It's one of my favorite scenes as Thelma Todd tries cajoling the "football secrets" from him using baby talk. Groucho doesn't fall for it and taunts back that he'll kick her "widdle teef in"

Ouch.

It's one of my favorite scenes as Thelma Todd tries cajoling the "football secrets" from him using baby talk. Groucho doesn't fall for it and taunts back that he'll kick her "widdle teef in"

Oh yeah, I remember him strumming that guitar!

Thought I saw him blowing a clarinet or something once as well. I'm probably confused. Maybe he was toking a peace pipe.

hmm.  If Groucho did play the clarinet, that gives me something that I can say Groucho and I have in common! I played the clarinet from 5th grade through 12th!

I also used to play the clarinet, and a little bit of sax. Woody Allen plays the clarinet. Fred MacMurray played the sax.

Ouch.

I believe Groucho also plays the guitar in the movie Go West.      For Marx Brothers fans there is a new 3 disc DVD that contains their T.V. appearances.   Most are by Groucho and his long running You Bet Your Life but the DVDs also show the few dramantic T.V. performances they made.     The special was produced by Harbo's oldest son,  BIll Marx.

See L.A. Times Sunday edition,  by Susan King.   

Susan also mentions TCM's SUTS;  Lucky 13 for Cary Grant Fans.    (but Susan mentions some of the other stars featured).

Alan Alda.  Always struck me as being whiney and one dimensional.  Stopped watching Mash when it became the Alan Alda show.

Alan Alda.  Always struck me as being whiney and one dimensional.  Stopped watching Mash when it became the Alan Alda show.

Alan Alda on "Mash" was extremely annoying. There was always a Groucho Marx impersonation attempt bubbling  just beneath the surface.

Robert Osborne once made a comment that he didn't care much for Dustin Hoffman.  I thought it was a bit unusual since I have never heard of Osborne saying anything negative about an actor.  I guess Hoffman won't be a guest  on TCM any time soon.

Robert Osborne once made a comment that he didn't care much for Dustin Hoffman.  I thought it was a bit unusual since I have never heard of Osborne saying anything negative about an actor.  I guess Hoffman won't be a guest  on TCM any time soon.

Yay Osborne! :)

Oh yeah, I remember him strumming that guitar!

Thought I saw him blowing a clarinet or something once as well. I'm probably confused. Maybe he was toking a peace pipe.

Oops.  I guess I'll have to take back my statement about Groucho and I having something in common... I don't know how to play guitar :(

Alan Alda.  Always struck me as being whiney and one dimensional. 

But you gotta admit....whenever Woody Allen used him in a film his role was an annoying no talent know-it-all...PERFECT casting.

Yay Osborne! :)

I've been on all the TCM cruises (although I'm skipping the next one) and Robert always mentions Jennifer Anniston. Not in a good way, but as if she and the films she makes are what's wrong with Hollywood today.

I've been on all the TCM cruises (although I'm skipping the next one) and Robert always mentions Jennifer Anniston. Not in a good way, but as if she and the films she makes are what's wrong with Hollywood today.

Brad and Angelina approve that message.   ;)

I think, though, that she was the best one of the "Friends" ensemble.

No way. She didn't make me laugh. Didn't do anything for me, come to think of it.

So you're a big Matt LeBlanc fan?

Y'know, Aniston to me is WAY cuter than Angelina Jolie.  But, being cute doesn't necessarily make one easy to live with.

Sepiatone

So you're a big Matt LeBlanc fan?

No.

Matthew Perry was the funniest. Lisa Kudrow and Courtney Cox were good - funny and cute. LeBlanc was okay, but I'm not a big fan of stupid - unless it's Beavis & Butt-head.

Y'know, Aniston to me is WAY cuter than Angelina Jolie.  But, being cute doesn't necessarily make one easy to live with.

Sepiatone

Aniston is that bland type of cute.   Nice looking,  great smile,  but nothing that knocks me over.

Jolie has that smoking type of sexuality that does knock me over.  

Aniston is that bland type of cute.   Nice looking,  great smile,  but nothing that knocks me over.

I agree, except that Angelina is too skinny these days.

... and good **** and legs.