Sign in to follow this  
Swithin

Keep the Lights On

4 posts in this topic

I've never heard of Big Eden or The Broken Hearts Club -- so much to catch up on! I did recently see Keep the Lights On -- I was blown away by it. So realistic! Even down to an Italian pastry shop which I frequent! I highly recommend it:

• Like 1

Thanks for the link. I'll definitely catch up with it. Ira Sachs more recently directed "Love Is Strange", which I've discussed in another thread. At the audience talkback after the screening I attended, he said that he's usually dealt with love as a complicating factor in his films, but now seems to be moving toward a greater appreciation of how love can be a solution to problems as well. I expect that we'll be able to look forward to more interesting and thoughful films from him.

A friend of mine went to a preview screening of Love Is Strange and said it's a wonderful film. It opens in New York next week.

I just happened to see this about a month ago or so.  It was pretty good.

"Love Is Strange" just opened here a couple of weeks ago.  I haven't seen it yet.  It looks like it would be such a good movie.  And I honestly do love the fact of John Lithgow and Alfred Molina being a couple.  I think it is a very good combination.