Sign in to follow this  
28Silent

Sophia Loren

4 posts in this topic

I can't belive that I am the only t.c.m. fan that was conserned  that Summer under the stars did not introduce  some never before seen films that she did in Italy,Before she became a star, that have yet to be seen in this country :(

I was taught never to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I agree that the SUTS selections for Sophia Loren seems like a missed opportunity to do something special.  We can only assume that making arrangements to show such films must be very difficult.

I can't belive that I am the only t.c.m. fan that was conserned  that Summer under the stars did not introduce  some never before seen films that she did in Italy,Before she became a star, that have yet to be seen in this country :(

Well sadly there appear to me more folks concerned that TCM shows too many foreign movies,  than there are ones that feel TCM doesn't show them enough.

• Like 2

I'm such a big fan of Sophia Loren and would love to have seen more of her earlier Italian films. Some of my favorite Sophia films are Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow, Marriage Italian Style, Two Women, Houseboat, The Key, Arabesque, Five Miles to Midnight (rarely shown anymore) and More Than A Miracle.  Sophia Loren is always interesting to watch - no matter the role. She is truly one of a kind.