Sign in to follow this  
Film Fan 50s 60s 70s

What's the Weather Like where you are ?

560 posts in this topic

Humid - 86°F Heat Index at 1:30am :o

85 and dry.   Also very clean air for this time of year.    Going to Laguna today and I'll be swimming in the same waters where Flynn kills Rathbone in Captain Blood!

• Like 1

Today it's only supposed to go up to 80 degrees.  Reached 85 yesterday, and with the humidity not far behind, it was kind of crappy.  I have no central A/C.

Also yesterday, by 5:00pm another thunderstorm came through and wettened things up and provided some cool.  Right now, as I type this, it's only 75 and sunny.  Might rain or not, hard to be certain in Michigan

Sepiatone

I'm in Oregon.  It's been a very warm summer.  Since the end of June, it's pretty much been 80s and 90s with a couple days in the 100s.  We seem to be going through this pattern where it'll be in the high 80s to mid 90s and then it'll "cool" down to the low 80s, maybe upper 70s if we're lucky, then the next week, it'll be back up to the high 80s to mid 90s.  Despite Oregon's reputation as raining all year round, we've only had rain maybe twice this summer and the rain only lasted for maybe 30 mins at a time.  We've had trace amounts of rain on a couple other days, but nothing worthwhile.  We're looking at one more high 80s day tomorrow and then it's going to cool down to high 70s for the holiday weekend. 

I'm going to the coast next week for my anniversary and we're looking at sunshine and high 60s - low 70s.  Any day you can go to the coast and not have rain, is a great day in my book. 

Gonna hit 90 today.

GACK!

And I have NO central A/C, and ONE small window unit that can't handle the entire house.  Gonna be MISERABLE today....

GACK again!

Sepiatone

Gonna hit 90 today.

GACK!

And I have NO central A/C, and ONE small window unit that can't handle the entire house.  Gonna be MISERABLE today....

GACK again!

Sepiatone

Thinking of a new (well different meaning) word to use instead of the casual hot and humid,  homid, which I'm hoping will end soon.smiley_emoticons_hot.gif

This week, all the thunderstorms come around 6:00 PM. What I like about Florida is, these storms come up quickly and disappear just as fast.

9l8r6a.jpg

We've had a really nice summer in NYC -- relatively cool and not humid. But this week has been the exception. It's going to be near 90 today and tomorrow. But back to nice weather on Sunday.

We've had a really nice summer in NYC -- relatively cool and not humid. But this week has been the exception. It's going to be near 90 today and tomorrow. But back to nice weather on Sunday.

Today, it is unbelievable hot and humid in Philly, the worst it's been in weeks.

Today, it is unbelievable hot and humid in Philly, the worst it's been in weeks.

Don't they still open up the hydrants so you can romp to and fro in the streets? These days though, there aren't any cars with hoods long enough to use as a wet slide.

Don't they still open up the hydrants so you can romp to and fro in the streets? These days though, there aren't any cars with hoods long enough to use as a wet slide.

Finance is WAY too dignified to romp to and fro! He only romps fro.

Gonna hit 90 today.

GACK!

GACK again!

Sepiatone

Go to the local supermarket and hang out at the frozen food section, just don't act like you're loitering or stalking someone :)

Gonna hit 90 today.

GACK!

GACK again!

Sepiatone

My central AC went out several years ago when it was 106. I had fans running in every room and several more in the kitchen.

A small window unit would have been great, but that is forbidden by the Homeowner's Association. After a week without AC, I finally got the new outdoor fan motor replaced on the unit.

NEVER willingly live under a Homeowner's Association Covenant, unless you are have the wherewithal to repair whatever goes out on the spot.

A small window unit would have been great, but that is forbidden by the Homeowner's Association.

They can pry the window air conditioner from my cold dead hands.

• Like 1

Thunderstorms came barreling through my area last night.  It postponed or suspended many high school football games in Illinois, including the one I was going to attend.  No damage to report, but the light show was impressive for about two hours, accompanied by lots of rain.  It had been unusually hot here for this time of year, but fortunately the storms brought in a cool front, and the temperatures for the next week will be in the mid-70's to low 80's for highs.  I have probably used my air conditioner for the last time this season (I hope)!

My central AC went out several years ago when it was 106. I had fans running in every room and several more in the kitchen.

A small window unit would have been great, but that is forbidden by the Homeowner's Association. After a week without AC, I finally got the new outdoor fan motor replaced on the unit.

NEVER willingly live under a Homeowner's Association Covenant, unless you are have the wherewithal to repair whatever goes out on the spot.

I dislike the concept of a homeowners association, even though I sort of understand why some of them exist.  We don't have any in MY city that I know of, but the city has a "Beautification Bureau"  that concerns itself mostly with overgrown weeds, bushes and needless refuse cluttering up neighborhoods.  But they leave home design and decoration up to the homeowner, and if the neighbors don't LIKE somebody's choice of paint or decoration, it's their tough luck. 

Personally, I'll gladly paint my home or decorate it in any fashion ANY homeowner's association that will take over my mortgage payments and tax bill WISH me to .  Otherwise, just get OFF my property and P i s s off!

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Go to the local supermarket and hang out at the frozen food section, just don't act like you're loitering or stalking someone :)

Keep  going through the various frozen foods, acting like you're closely examining the prices and nutritional contents. If you just stand there, you'll be out on your *** before you know it.

I dislike the concept of a homeowners association, even though I sort of understand why some of them exist.  We don't have any in MY city that I know of, but the city has a "Beautification Bureau"  that concerns itself mostly with overgrown weeds, bushes and needless refuse cluttering up neighborhoods.  But they leave home design and decoration up to the homeowner, and if the neighbors don't LIKE somebody's choice of paint or decoration, it's their tough luck. 

Personally, I'll gladly paint my home or decorate it in any fashion ANY homeowner's association that will take over my mortgage payments and tax bill WISH me to .  Otherwise, just get OFF my property and P i s s off!

Sepiatone

People are given a choice;  a choice NOT to buy a home that falls under a homeowner association.   That is what my wife and I did.   It took extra work because around 80% of the homes in the area we wanted to live where under a homeowner association.   The house I owned before I got married was under a homeowner association.   I didn't like it so I avoided it the second time around.

Note that most people don't even read the HOAs before buying a house.   That is also the fault of the buyer.  

People are given a choice;  a choice NOT to buy a home that falls under a homeowner association.   That is what my wife and I did.   It took extra work because around 80% of the homes in the area we wanted to live where under a homeowner association.   The house I owned before I got married was under a homeowner association.   I didn't like it so I avoided it the second time around.

Note that most people don't even read the HOAs before buying a house.   That is also the fault of the buyer.  

Buying a home for the first time, I just took what was offered, and made a rookie mistake by going with a homeowner's association.

Once, I had to get my father to co-sign so I could move into an apartment. That was meant to keep the riff-raff out, because I did not make enough for their taste. But, in reality, I saw many neighbors in that apartment complex, that made less than me, and they were the riff-raff--- they just happened to be shacking up with another person, so their low wages together, made them acceptable to the landlord's leasing standards.

But, back to AC solutions, when it's out --- The Public Library is nice, and there's stuff to look at. You can even check out DVDs, and now Blu-rays, for FREE!!!

I used to roll my eyes when somebody said, "It's not the heat, it's the humidity". Since I've become a regular user of the steam room and sauna at the gym, I can really appreciate the statement. The steam room, though  about 70 degrees cooler, is much more burdensome.

Buying a home for the first time, I just took what was offered, and made a rookie mistake by going with a homeowner's association.

Once, I had to get my father to co-sign so I could move into an apartment. That was meant to keep the riff-raff out, because I did not make enough for their taste. But, in reality, I saw many neighbors in that apartment complex, that made less than me, and they were the riff-raff--- they just happened to be shacking up with another person, so their low wages together, made them acceptable to the landlord's leasing standards.

But, back to AC solutions, when it's out --- The Public Library is nice, and there's stuff to look at. You can even check out DVDs, and now Blu-rays, for FREE!!!

If one owns a place with a HOA,  I really recommend they attend the meetings.    I didn't at first but I did when I could see that the HOA was spending money to improve the landscape in some areas under the HOA and not others.   It just so happened that section getting all the nice trees etc... was where the HOA board members lived!    The landscape company was owned by the brother-in-law of one of the board members.

So I went to the meeting and asked if I could audit where the budget dollars were going.   As soon as I mentioned AUDIT,  at the meeting,  the board said they would meet with me after the meeting.    Long story short;  My section got improved and within 3 months another landscape company was hired.

• Like 1