Sign in to follow this  
Film Fan 50s 60s 70s

What's the Weather Like where you are ?

560 posts in this topic

Just received some needed rain.  ID-5001 measured .37 inch. Cooled down a lot, 72 at present. :)

There was rain in most parts of the EU during the last 3 weeks.   Come back to always-sunny So Cal;   yea, it was raining!

39 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

There was rain in most parts of the EU during the last 3 weeks.   Come back to always-sunny So Cal;   yea, it was raining!

How'd the trip go, other than being rainy? See some impressive sights?

I just checked my outdoor thermometer, and it currently (12:00 PM) says that it's 107 degrees F.

3 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

How'd the trip go, other than being rainy? See some impressive sights?

The 3 weeks in the EU was great. Thanks for asking.  North East Italy is a nice place along the border of Austria.   Went to Innsbruck and Salzburg.   Beautiful cities.   They had a spring snow storm in Innsbruck a few days before we arrived so the mountains were full of snow.  Seeing a city with such nice buildings with a back drop of white mountains is something.    

Also went to Munich.   That was nice also but a much bigger and thus less quaint city.   We also experienced the migration issue first hand, when we stumbled on to a few street where recent migrants from Syria, Afghanistan and Libra had taken-over;   e.g. places selling middle-eastern fast-food and vegetable and fruit stands run by migrants outnumbers German food places and beer pubs.   I.e. the landscape was much different than when I was there 10 years ago and I can see why that would upset locals.   I'm all for diversity but too-much-too-fast isn't a way to import (so to speak),  different cultures.   When there are more hookah bars than German pubs,,, that isn't going to sit well with most locals.

But we went to many nice castles in the area so it was still great.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Also went to Munich.   That was nice also but a much bigger and thus less quaint city.   We also experienced the migration issue first hand, when we stumbled on to a few street where recent migrants from Syria, Afghanistan and Libra had taken-over;   e.g. places selling middle-eastern fast-food and vegetable and fruit stands run by migrants outnumbers German food places and beer pubs.   I.e. the landscape was much different than when I was there 10 years ago and I can see why that would upset locals.   I'm all for diversity but too-much-too-fast isn't a way to import (so to speak),  different cultures.   When there are more hookah bars than German pubs,,, that isn't going to sit well with most locals.

Uh-oh, you shouldn't have said that, James. Betty Friedan and her Persian buddy will probably call you a "racist" now. ;):rolleyes: :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

Uh-oh, you shouldn't have said that, James. Betty Friedan and her Persian buddy will probably call you a "racist" now. ;):rolleyes: :lol: 

Who's the "Persian buddy"?

Just now, LawrenceA said:

Who's the "Persian buddy"?

You really have to ask? The Khomeini himself. :lol: 

I am loving this mild June, wish it stays this way for the next couple of months!

Only 66 degrees with light rain showers.  Repaired my rain gauge a few days ago, had to replace a reed switch.

260-0111_790_detail.jpg