Greeneb2

Wanted: 1930 Ann Harding, Mary Astor "Holiday"! :-)

10 posts in this topic

Hi!

If anyone has a copy of Philip Barry's Holiday (1930, with Ann Harding, Mary Astor, Robert Ames), please notify me. I'm fascinated with seeing this rare version on a DVD. Thanks! :)  

I'd like to see this version, too. I've been curious about it for a long time. Love both these great actresses.

I would also like to see the Harding \ Astor version of Holiday.   The Grant \ Hepburn version of Holiday is one of my favorite films.

I would also like to see the Harding \ Astor version of Holiday.   The Grant \ Hepburn version of Holiday is one of my favorite films.

I think Edward Everett Horton is in both versions.

I think Edward Everett Horton is in both versions.

Horton was in the play and both versions playing the same character.   While that is odd to a degree the number of years between the two movie versions was only 7 to 8 years.

Horton was in the play and both versions playing the same character.   While that is odd to a degree the number of years between the two movie versions was only 7 to 8 years.

Didn't realize he was in the play as well. Thanks for the info!

Horton really didn't age much. Though he's a bit grayer in a 1962 episode of TV's Dennis the Menace, he hasn't changed much at that point, either.

Hi!

If anyone has a copy of Philip Barry's Holiday (1930, with Ann Harding, Mary Astor, Robert Ames), please notify me. I'm fascinated with seeing this rare version on a DVD. Thanks! :)  

Log unto www.20thcenturyvintage.biz. It's located in Connecticut. I've just found it & purchased a DVD of the 1930 version of Holiday. Good Luck & Enjoy. :) 

• Like 1

Glad you located a copy of it. Hopefully you'll drop by later and let us know if you enjoyed it!

Oh yes. I've ordered it a couple of months ago & it is terrific. Wonderful! :) 

• Like 1

Oh yes. I've ordered it a couple of months ago & it is terrific. Wonderful! :) 

Good deal! I've been curious about whether Edward Everett Horton's performance varied much between the two versions. I believe he played the same role in both.