Jennstrick71

Trying to find the name of an old horror film that had an audience warning

9 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, can you please help me find the name of an old horror film that I watched once? It was a classic film about a man that was kind of like Jack the Ripper that married a young woman then murdered her and kept her in his bed. It has a Vincent Price kind of feel but it wasn't a Vincent Price film (at least I don't think so).

I think it was in color and had a one-word title. I remember it has an audience warning at the beginning. It was kind of Hitchcockian but I don't think it was a Hitchcock film.

Any help you can give would be appreciated. I've been scouring the internet and haven't found it. I don't know the director or any of the actors. Just that it kind of had a Hammer films look to it and a Vincent Price feel to it. It's not the movie Macabre by the way but the tittle is something like that. :)

• Like 1

Did he keep her corpse in the bed?!  It sounds like a European horror shocker to me- perhaps something by Jessus Franco or Italian.

It might be the film Chamber of Horrors.  It had a flashing light and a horror horn that sounded before the supposed shocking moments.  It was about a man who murders the woman he loves and then forces a priest to marry them.  He's caught but escapes by cutting off his hand.  After which he murders the people responsible for his arrest and imprisonment by attaching different weapons to his stump.  It was actually a pilot for an unsold tv series so there weren't any really shocking scenes.  The heroes owned a wax museum and they were supposed to keep get involved in bizarre crimes which they would do a wax diorama of at the end of each episode.

• Like 1

Hi everybody, can you please help me find the name of an old horror film that I watched once? It was a classic film about a man that was kind of like Jack the Ripper that married a young woman then murdered her and kept her in his bed. It has a Vincent Price kind of feel but it wasn't a Vincent Price film (at least I don't think so).

I think it was in color and had a one-word title. I remember it has an audience warning at the beginning. It was kind of Hitchcockian but I don't think it was a Hitchcock film.

Any help you can give would be appreciated. I've been scouring the internet and haven't found it. I don't know the director or any of the actors. Just that it kind of had a Hammer films look to it and a Vincent Price feel to it. It's not the movie Macabre by the way but the tittle is something like that. :)

You might try one of  director William Castle's films like MACABRE or HOMICIDAL, he was always doing gimmicks, like free life insurance in case you dropped dead watching the film, and as I recall he sometimes did announcements before the movie started.

The 'killed her and left her in his bed' made me knee-jerk the Italian giallo films, but the 'warning at the beginning' doesn't sound like them. 

You might do a google-search on the phrase "giallo film forums" and see what you get, and then post your description there.  That is, IF you think it could be a dubbed film - because those films were probably dubbed, not subtitled, allowing the drive-in audiences to sit in their backseats, fog up the windows and still look up to catch the splattering parts! 

Well, I have a t-shirt of the poster for FRANKENSTEIN'S BLOODY TERROR (to make your stomach turn & flesh crawl) with an added "FREE BURIAL to anyone who dies of FRIGHT during the performance of this film!"

I also have a barf bag handed out along with your ticket for some horror movie. But I'd have to search it out to tell you what film it was for. I collect airline bags and the movie one is a crossover collectible for me!

It might be the film Chamber of Horrors.  It had a flashing light and a horror horn that sounded before the supposed shocking moments.  It was about a man who murders the woman he loves and then forces a priest to marry them.  He's caught but escapes by cutting off his hand.  After which he murders the people responsible for his arrest and imprisonment by attaching different weapons to his stump.  It was actually a pilot for an unsold tv series so there weren't any really shocking scenes.  The heroes owned a wax museum and they were supposed to keep get involved in bizarre crimes which they would do a wax diorama of at the end of each episode.

You were right!  I forgot that I actually bought the movie a long time ago and I found the DVD last night.  I think I had the details of the movie a little mixed up when I last described it, but Chamber of Horrors was the one!  Thanks :)

Did he keep her corpse in the bed?!  It sounds like a European horror shocker to me- perhaps something by Jessus Franco or Italian.

Ok, I figured it out last night (finally).  It was actually Chamber of Horrors.  I guess I bought the DVD a long time ago and I found it in my collection.  Thanks for the help though!

You might try one of  director William Castle's films like MACABRE or HOMICIDAL, he was always doing gimmicks, like free life insurance in case you dropped dead watching the film, and as I recall he sometimes did announcements before the movie started.

Thanks for helping me, I finally figured out that it was Chamber of Horrors.  :)