Sign in to follow this  
slaytonf

That's a nice car!

301 posts in this topic

It's a Camaro that crashes into the bulldozer.  It's done by editing

Look at pics I added below

Not to mention the vid I posted if you freeze frame you'll see the word Camaro with an arrow pointing to it before it hits the dozers.

Yeah, but tallhair! Just LOOK and SEE who seems to be filming this whole behind-the-scenes thing here... CBS NEWS!!!

5416mil.jpg

And so, as I hear SO many people keep saying today...Can you REALLY trust that "lamestream media" to give ya the TRUTH?!!!

LOL

;)

(...yeah, in all seriousness here, it appears you're correct...I concede to your point)

Yeah, but tallhair! Just LOOK here and see who seems to be filming all this! CBS NEWS!

5416mil.jpg

And so, as so many people keep saying today, can you REALLY trust that "lamestream media" to give ya the TRUTH?!!!

LOL

;)

(...yeah, in all seriousness here, it appears you're correct...I concede to your point)

LOL ... Cheers Dargo

I guess the bottom line is that if we nit pick all movies, we will miss out on a lot of enjoyment.  We'll sit there remembering all the discrepancies and looking for them.

Sometimes, we need to just sit back and enjoy the movie the way the director and editor intended.  It's all fiction anyway, even the based on true story ones.

I guess the bottom line is that if we nit pick all movies, we will miss out on a lot of enjoyment.  We'll sit there remembering all the discrepancies and looking for them.

Sometimes, we need to just sit back and enjoy the movie the way the director and editor intended.  It's all fiction anyway, even the based on true story ones.

Actually I wouldn't have gone on if you and Dargo had just accepted the fact that it was a Camaro, as is commonly known by most Mopar folks, instead of going on to philosophize about it, as if I had not just definitively said it was a Camaro. :)

And it keeps you from seeing all the nice cars.

• Like 2

Yeah DGF, this "Gearhead-ism" of mine DID probably form early on in my life because of growing up in sunny and warm car crazy L.A., and IF instead had been raised in that locale where Randy Newman once observed "it's cold and it's damp, and all the people dress like monkeys"(sorry Swithin, if you're out there reading this) and where a great public transportation system exits(or as Gene, Frank and Jules once observed, "the people ride in a hole in the ground"), then yeah, this affinity for cars and motorcycles most likely wouldn't have developed within me. ;)

(...and although I must admit NYC is a great city, but as they say, "it's a great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there"...and in fact at this stage of my life, I wouldn't want to in ANY large city anymore, and that's why I don't)

How exactly does a monkey dress? Most monkeys go au natural. Does that mean New Yorkers walk around in the nude? Or is Newman referring to the term "monkey suit"?

How exactly does a monkey dress? Most monkeys go au natural. Does that mean New Yorkers walk around in the nude? Or is Newman referring to the term "monkey suit"?

Hmmmm...ya know DGF, that's actually a good question. However, I'm not sure I have an answer for you.

Perhaps it might be best directed to the gentleman who actually wrote those words here....

200_s.gif

(...that is IF you can grab his attention as he's rollin' down Imperial Highway with that big nasty redhead by his side here, of course)

Hmmmm...ya know DGF, that's actually a good question. However, I'm not sure I have an answer for you.

Perhaps it might be best directed to the gentleman who actually wrote those words here....

200_s.gif

(...that is IF you can grab his attention as he's rollin' down Imperial Highway with that big nasty redhead by his side here, of course)

Maybe Mick Jagger ("Monkey Man") would be more accessible.

This from Cat o'Nine Tails (1971), on Karl Malden's day.  Don't know it, but it's a nice car:

oprzty.png

Thought it was a Lancia, but I couldn't find  anything similar.  Sorry for the poor pic, I got it from YouTube.  I didn't want to go to the trouble of ripping a dvd to get a pic from my recorded movie.

Thankee!  Never woulda thought a Fiat could look so sexy.

Hey, how did you find it on IMCDB?  I tried and it said there were no results for the movie title.

Maybe Mick Jagger ("Monkey Man") would be more accessible.

Hi DGF.  I've noticed you post a lot.  Would you mind hitting the return key before starting to enter comments in future?  It's a small request and I hope you consider it if it's not too much trouble it would make reading comments that much more pleasant and enjoyable for all.

:)

Thankee!  Never woulda thought a Fiat could look so sexy.

Hey, how did you find it on IMCDB?  I tried and it said there were no results for the movie title.

I just looked up "The Cat O' Nine Tails" in the search bar.

i023412.jpg

Slaytonf, it's a 1967 Fiat Dino Spider 

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_23412-Fiat-Dino-Spider-135AS-1967.html

Yep, a Fiat Dino Spider alright, Lawrence. I've love the look of those for years.

And slayton, while the coupe version of the Fiat Dino didn't sport those voluptuous fenders like the Spider, it was a pretty sexy lookin' thing TOO here, wouldn't ya say?...

Fiat%20Dino%20Coupe%201969%20front.jpg

(...btw, both the open-top Spider and the Coupe are goin' for a pretty penny in the collectable auto market today, and with the rarer Spiders fetching in the low six-figure range...both these front-engine cars were powered by V-6 Ferrari 246 Dino engines and with the Ferraris being mid-engine cars, and REALLY goin' for big bucks now days)

• Like 1

Fiat%20Dino%20Coupe%201969%20front.jpg

(...btw, both the open-top Spider and the Coupe are goin' for a pretty penny in the collectable auto market today, and with the rarer Spiders fetching in the low six-figure range...both these front-engine cars were powered by V-6 Ferrari Dino engines and with the Ferraris being mid-engine cars) 

Yes, I would say that's a nice car!  And the Ferrari engine answers some questions.  I'm wondering if the Fiat people also got Ferrari designers to work on the styling.

Yes, I would say that's a nice car!  And the Ferrari engine answers some questions.  I'm wondering if the Fiat people also got Ferrari designers to work on the styling.

I believe the Italian design house of Pininfarina was responsible for the Fiat Dino's body style, slayton.

Edited by Dargo

I believe the Italian design house of Pininfarina was responsible for the Fiat Dino's body style, Lawrence.

Slaytonf =/= LawrenceA = nevermind :rolleyes:

Slaytonf =/= LawrenceA = nevermind :rolleyes:

Yeah, I noticed I did that right after I entered it. ;)

I believe the Italian design house of Pininfarina was responsible for the Fiat Dino's body style, slayton.

So it was Pininfarina that designed--and engineered-- both Fiats and Ferraris.  And maybe that's why I thought I was looking at a Lancia, only what I was seeing was Pininfarina.

So it was Pininfarina that designed--and engineered-- both Fiats and Ferraris.  And maybe that's why I thought I was looking at a Lancia, only what I was seeing was Pininfarina.

Pininfarina was/is primarily a body design and coach building concern, slayton. And so, in general they don't actually "engineer" the cars.

But yeah, seeing as how for many years Fiat has owned Lancia(and along with Alfa Romeo and few other Italian marques, and now Chrysler), and was for many years a major stockholder of Ferrari, and because Fiat quite often in the past has used Pininfarina to design and build the bodies of their cars and those of their other marques(and quite often the other Italian concern of Bertone to do the same), then yeah, I can see how you might have thought the car in question a Lancia, instead. 

I just looked up "The Cat O' Nine Tails" in the search bar.

I didn't thinik Malden did a very good job of being blind did you.

Speaking of "Ferraris", or at least the man responsible for the creation of the famed Italian marque, Enzo Ferrari was once quoted as saying he believed the Series 1 Jaguar E-type was the most beautifully car ever manufactured in any quantity.

Here's one from 2015's THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E...

i864336.jpg

(...and for an Italian to say that about a British car, says a lot)

Speaking of "Ferraris", or at least the man responsible for the creation of the famed Italian marque, Enzo Ferrari was once quoted as saying he believed the Series 1 Jaguar E-type was the most beautifully car ever manufactured in any quantity.

Here's one from 2015's THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E...

i864336.jpg

(...and for an Italian to say that about a British car, says a lot)

Almost ordered one of those when I was in Vietnam in '71.  Fortunately I didn't.  My home was over 60 two-lane miles from nearest dealership and they were notorious for failures, especially after the 2nd or 3rd year.

In '75 knew a guy who owned one.  He waited 9 months to get a brake part from England.  He used an old Mustang as his "real" car.

But, it was and still is a gorgous car.

• Like 1