slaytonf

That's a nice car!

385 posts in this topic

Perhaps you thought I didn't know about Supercar.  Perhaps you were thinking you were going to show those car snobs a thing or two.  Perhaps I know all about it, and all the series Gerry and Sylvia Anderson created.  And perhaps I have box sets of Supercar (with that obnoxious kid and his even more obnoxious monkey), and Fireball XL5, and Stingray, and, of course, Thunderbirds, and UFO.  Perhaps I do.

• Like 1

So, what about this custom made ROLLS ROYCE "Swept tail" that the guy who had it made for him paid a reprted $12.8 million for?

Saw it on the evening news and it LOOKS pretty nice, but all I really know about it is that it has a built in wine cooler.  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

1935 Rolls-Royce 20/25 h.p. Drop Head Sedanca Coupé in Car of Dreams (1935)--now, who would have thought Rolls Royce could have come up with something that verges on the sporty?:

i207399.jpg

• Like 1

I am surprised that I was not able to find any movie which featured this glorious little vehicle:

xD8Rjng.jpg

I do not know if this is because of my poor research skills or the lack of imagination by filmmakers.

Definitely due to a lack of vision on the part of moviemakers.

By-the-way, would that be called a 'Flat'-illac?

I am surprised that I was not able to find any movie which featured this glorious little vehicle:

xD8Rjng.jpg

I do not know if this is because of my poor research skills or the lack of imagination by filmmakers.

Just as well they left it alone.  Today's filmmakers would have had it "transform" into some silly evil robot.  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

A 1963 Austin-Healey 3000 in THE PLEASURE SEEKERS...

i441565.jpg

...with Tony Franciosa driving Pamela Tiffin and Ann-Margret around the streets of Madrid Spain.

(...btw, in this case and because I always had a thing for Pamela Tiffin, here would be another case of me having difficulty choosing between "having" one nice lookin' car or the hot lookin' babe riding in it, and as per a question posed to me a few days ago in that Audrey Hepburn thread) ;)

• Like 1

i441565.jpg

...with Tony Franciosa driving Pamela Tiffin and Ann-Margret around the streets of Madrid Spain.

(...btw, in this case and because I always had a thing for Pamela Tiffin, here would be another case of me having difficulty choosing between "having" one nice lookin' car or the hot lookin' babe riding in it, and as per a question posed to me a few days ago in that Audrey Hepburn thread) ;)

This movie shows up on FX Movie channel about once per month if not more.  Well worth watching.  Of the three actresses, would be a vey hard choice between them.  As for the car, would love to have one.

• Like 2

Franciosa is also responsible for my long time coveting of ANOTHER fine automobile.

The '64 JAGUAR XK-E he drove around on his TV show VALENTINE'S DAY.

Sepiatone

Franciosa is also responsible for my long time coveting of ANOTHER fine automobile.

The '64 JAGUAR XK-E he drove around on his TV show VALENTINE'S DAY.

Sepiatone

Where's the pic?

Where's the pic?

Just spent at least half an hour trying to find an internet pic of Franciosa and the Jag that Sepia was talking about slayton, but it appears Valentine's Day was such a short-lived series that very few images of him in that program are to be found, and none with him and an E-Type Jaguar.

But now and speaking of beautiful old British Iron...the two-wheeled variety in this case...here's a shot of Roger Livesey's Ariel Square Four(appears to be around a 1938 model) in the film TCM showed once again this evening, A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH (1946)...

i028337.jpg

• Like 1

Where's the pic?

Had I the acumen for POSTING pics, I'd have at least, since none of any of Franciosa w/the car exists, posted one of the car in question.

I wasn't at the time, that "deep"  into cars and have never heard of or seen the Jaguar XK-E before that show.  OR Franciosa for that matter.  But the short-lived show DID cause both Franciosa AND the car to be favorites of mine.  :)

And, Yep!  NICE lookin'  bike there, Darg!

Sepiatone

Just spent at least half an hour trying to find an internet pic of Franciosa and the Jag that Sepia was talking about slayton, but it appears Valentine's Day was such a short-lived series that very few images of him in that program are to be found, and none with him and an E-Type Jaguar.

But now and speaking of beautiful old British Iron...the two-wheeled variety in this case...here's a shot of Roger Livesey's Ariel Square Four(appears to be around a 1938 model) in the film TCM showed once again this evening, A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH (1946)...

i028337.jpg

Well, it's not a car, but it's still nice.  Only now I'm worried that this thread will turn into That's a Nice Hog!

Well, it's not a car, but it's still nice.  Only now I'm worried that this thread will turn into That's a Nice Hog!

Oh, GREAT!

NOW some ******** is gonna post a picture of ARNOLD!  :angry:  :P

Sepiatone

Edited by TCMModerator1
Inappropriate language

Don't worry, slayton. I'll try to keep the motorcycle thing down to a minimum.

And especially anything that might feature one of those ubiquitous dime-a-dozen modern Harley-Davidson motorcycles in some flick. ;)

(...or like, say, some pic showing that muscle-headed Austrian astride one of 'em, Sepia)

;)

Oh, GREAT!

NOW some ******** is gonna post a picture of ARNOLD!  :angry:  :P

Sepiatone

2365.jpg

Oh, wait ! Maybe this is the wrong Arnold :lol:

2365.jpg

Oh, wait ! Maybe this is the wrong Arnold :lol:

Nope, I think that's who Sepia was referring to alright, Gerald.

(...btw, isn't that a shot of him in his movie, "I Luv Caleefornia"?)

;)

Hey TCM mod!  Is there any way for me to edit the posts here?  After all, it's my thread.  There's a pic I wanna get rid of.

Hey TCM mod!  Is there any way for me to edit the posts here?  After all, it's my thread.  There's a pic I wanna get rid of.

LOL

Not a big fan of the muscle-headed Austrian either, are ya slayton?! ;)

(...btw...I think I'd like to change that fake movie title I made up for the guy down there...how does "You Were Maid For Me..And Much More" sound to ya instead?)

I'm sure this is already up in more than one place.  Just wanted to post this commercial, it is in pristine condition like it was filmed just yeasterday:

and also the bachelor vehicle that says you could be a future family man:

• Like 1

Rest assured all.

I was NOT referring to THAT "Ah-nold"  ;)

But rather ARNOLD ZIFFEL.  :D

Sepiatone