Sign in to follow this  
OBJ

Classic Film Festival

2 posts in this topic

Any idea why the 2015 film festival is in march instead of april ? I really want to go but don't know if I'd fit in. I'm kind of a dufus old country boy from South Dakota.

Any idea why the 2015 film festival is in march instead of april ? I really want to go but don't know if I'd fit in. I'm kind of a dufus old country boy from South Dakota.

OBJ,

Welcome to the boards!  It may be because April is a busy time for movie premieres at Grauman's and the El Capitan here in the City of Angels. Studios often premiere their May blockbusters in April prior to a film's May release date.

TCM typically books Grauman's, most of the smaller Chinese theaters in the multiplex, the Egyptian and the El Cap for four days of the Festival.

Also, the Roosevelt Hotel and its bookings may also have been a factor.

But, no matter what, if you want to attend, I highly encourage you to do so!  One of the best things about the Festival is being able to hang out and talk with movie lovers from around the country and around the world!

You will make new friends and be surrounded by people who love classic films as much as you do while getting the opportunity to see films on the big screen and listen to people connected to the films talk about them. 

Doesn't get any better than that!

Hope to see you there!