Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lovejoy, Robert

A Night at the Opera Stateroom scene question

5 posts in this topic

Guest Lovejoy, Robert

I saw this movie years ago, and I distictly remember that the funniest thing about it was at the very end of the stateroom scene. When the door to the overcrowded room is opened, the crowd spills out. All recent showings of this film fade out there, but I remember that the still sleeping Harpo slides down atop the pile of bodies, putting a stunning final touch on the scene. Am I dreaming? Did this part of the scene get lost, or am I possibly remembering incorrectly? Thanks for any insight.

Guest B, Christina

Hi Robert. I'm a big Marx Brothers fan, but I must admit, I don't recall the Harpo moment you're describing. However, I thought you might be interested to know that there is an *entire Website* dedicated to that film! Its address is http://www.oxford.net/~gmarx/. They have a great deal of info about the film -- maybe you can find your answer there. Oh, and don't forget -- TCM is showing "A Night at the Opera" on Jan. 27 at 10:00am!

Guest Adams, S.

Marx Bros. Giftedness Have the Bros. ever been recorded/Is any of their music available in any recorded format? Thanks, Samuel

Guest hannigan, jeff

hello s. adams am not sure about music from the movies but I do own a record that was given to me by Harp mar harp playing, I think he had a couple of records on his harp music. I made myself a tape of music and songs by hooking the t.. up to the stereo and playing videos and recording them from the movie. not the best but fun.

Guest Bethany

Samuel, you should be able to find any cds of Harpo Marx on any of the online shopping webpages like amazon. -Bethany