slaytonf

How to post a pic in easy steps, with pics!

124 posts in this topic

I thought that is the nuclear facility we are selling the Iranians to keep them happy. It looks so realistic, lol.

hey, it's the irwin allen future where everything is simplified.

imagine using one of them control rod props as a big ol' lightsabre. :D

I seem to have lost the ability to post photos from my computer -- not from the Internet, which I can do fine. I started the "TCM Board Members Home Town Photos" thread a while back. Every time I try to post, no matter how I resize the photo, I get the message that it's too large. I pm'd the moderator for advice, but got no response.

Any ideas?

Just had a thought, Swithin. When you say "post from your computer", are you attempting to post them as full photos, or as attachments to your post - as you would an email?

I noticed in your "Hometown Photos" thread, your posting them as thumbnail attachments. There is a limit on these here. The limit is 3MB. You can post many small images, or a handful of large images, but the total bytes puts a cap on our posting. I started a thread on this many months ago (April 28, 2014 - nearly a full year ago) and it has never been addressed, so I just post web images, or my own which I have run through a web photo hosting site to obtain a postable URL.

One other work-around you may wish to use; it involves deleting previous thumbnails to free up space for posting new thumbnails. This pretty much renders your earlier posts useless - that's why I don't use this method.

See the original post here:

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/48785-question-about-limited-attachments/

Just had a thought, Swithin. When you say "post from your computer", are you attempting to post them as full photos, or as attachments to your post - as you would an email?

I noticed in your "Hometown Photos" thread, your posting them as thumbnail attachments. There is a limit on these here. The limit is 3MB. You can post many small images, or a handful of large images, but the total bytes puts a cap on our posting. I started a thread on this many months ago (April 28, 2014 - nearly a full year ago) and it has never been addressed, so I just post web images, or my own which I have run through a web photo hosting site to obtain a postable URL.

One other work-around you may wish to use; it involves deleting previous thumbnails to free up space for posting new thumbnails. This pretty much renders your earlier posts useless - that's why I don't use this method.

See the original post here:

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/48785-question-about-limited-attachments/

Ah, I  think I understand what you mean! So as individual posters, we have a maximum allotment. Since I started the "... Home Town Photos" thread, it makes sense that I may have used up my maximum allotment, since the point of that thread was to post our own photos, we which took.  I will start deleting former posts in that section, and see what happens. Thanks, Kid!

Ah, I  think I understand what you mean! So as individual posters, we have a maximum allotment. Since I started the "... Home Town Photos" thread, it makes sense that I may have used up my maximum allotment, since the point of that thread was to post our own photos, we which took.  I will start deleting former posts in that section, and see what happens. Thanks, Kid!

You can go to your name at the top of the page here, click it, select My Settings, select Manage Attachments in the left column. This will tell you how much you've used and how much you have left. Scroll down to see all of your posted attachments - you can delete them all from this page.

You can go to your name at the top of the page here, click it, select My Settings, select Manage Attachments in the left column. This will tell you how much you've used and how much you have left. Scroll down to see all of your posted attachments - you can delete them all from this page.

Fascinating! I had already deleted a lot, after your last post. Still a few more -- it's must easier to delete from the location that you pointed me to, rather than in each post. Thanks!

I'm having a problem figuring out how to post a picture.  Sorry.

I made a post describing the process visually on November 12, 2014. You will have to go back a page in this thread to find it. This is to upload images from your computer to TCM forum directly. 

I will be happy to answer any questions which you may have concerning the method.

Hmm...  Didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to.  Should have been full size.

It will at all times appear as thumbnail when the image is uploaded to the forum from your computer. It may be viewed in full size by clicking on that thumbnail.

You must use a different image hosting site and post its url there for it to appear as full size in the forum. We mostly use imgur because it is free and easy to use.

• Like 1

Is there a way to post a picture from one's Flickr page, or from a Word document file?  Using the image tab doesn't seem to work in either of those cases.

From my Flickr page, all I get is this when I paste the URL into the image box:  A message reading

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

(BTW what does that message even mean?  It's my own Flickr page, and the image is the farthest thing from "adult" in content.)

And when I copy the image from my Word file, I get nothing when I try to paste it here.  It seems I remember being able to do that a year or so ago, but not lately.

You can upload files from your computer using the attach files option:

ionn69.png

The image appears as a thumbnail on your post, which readers can click on.  This appears when you  make a reply.  If you quote a post, you have to click on more reply options button to attach files:

2rr2pfr.png

Seems a little confusing to me.  Maybe they didn't realize the complexity when they redesigned the site.

Can't tell you what to do about Flickr.  Do your images have addresses?  If so, see the first post in this thread.  If not, you will have to upload them to a site like tinypic.  Then you can insert them into your post with the Image icon.

I don't get it. I've been trying to post a customized photo from my iPhone,to be my profile picture. No matter what size I make it...it doesn't load. I'm guessing this is a format issue with the site and IOS?

I don't get it. I've been trying to post a customized photo from my iPhone,to be my profile picture. No matter what size I make it...it doesn't load. I'm guessing this is a format issue with the site and IOS?

I think it could be an issue with the IOS since you already understand the size limitation.   Good luck  (oh, and welcome to the site!).

• Like 1

I was trying to post a picture, but it didn't work.  I don't really know why since I have been copying pictures and posting them in other places, but I haven't been able to on this website.  I can post video clips though.

I was trying to post a picture, but it didn't work.  I don't really know why since I have been copying pictures and posting them in other places, but I haven't been able to on this website.  I can post video clips though.

If the pictures are on another site, see the original post of this thread.  If they are on your computer, see below:

You can upload files from your computer using the attach files option:

ionn69.png

The image appears as a thumbnail on your post, which readers can click on.  This appears when you  make a reply.  If you quote a post, you have to click on more reply options button to attach files:

2rr2pfr.png

Seems a little confusing to me.  Maybe they didn't realize the complexity when they redesigned the site.

Can't tell you what to do about Flickr.  Do your images have addresses?  If so, see the first post in this thread.  If not, you will have to upload them to a site like tinypic.  Then you can insert them into your post with the Image icon.

AGAIN & TO ANYBODY,  PLEASE HELP!  I still cannot install whats I think called my "AVATAR" Image???

You know for my profile

For some reason it seems just too tedious?

Now, I know my way around the internet very well, but the 1 thing is "posting pix"

Even on other website's too

THANX

(jeffshannon50@gmail.com)

AGAIN & TO ANYBODY,  PLEASE HELP!  I still cannot install whats I think called my "AVATAR" Image???

You know for my profile

For some reason it seems just too tedious?

Now, I know my way around the internet very well, but the 1 thing is "posting pix"

Even on other website's too

THANX

What picture do you want to use for your avatar? You know... Bogart, Mitchum, Bette Davis, Spencer Tracy..?

Try one of these

dpPAHch.jpg

Copy me                           or...         Copy me                           or...        Copy me

OKm0By2.jpg
  • Like 1