slaytonf

How to post a pic in easy steps, with pics!

124 posts in this topic

OK.  When you move your mouse over 'save as' in Paint (without clicking), does a window open to the right with the option 'JPEG picture' ?

Anything like this..?
30lgxs7.jpg
- if so..

Select JPEG picture - you should then see something like this at the bottom of your screen:
rhj3ax.jpg
Now..  name it (or leave Untitled as default name), then Save or Return. That will drop it right into your Pictures folder.

If you skip the third step (Save or Return), everything will clear out and you will have to begin again.

Fred, so far I'm getting a C+. I gave up yesterday.

Kid, I've figured out that the file default was 'Downloads' and I have changed it to 'Pictures'.

I open Paint again. I right click, in Paint, on Paste From. I choose the Pictures folder, where I have three photos. I'm right clicking on one, open it to Paint, one alongside the other, and then saving it as a group photo to Pictures.

I come here, go to the Pictures folder, right click on the group photo, which is in Windows Photo Viewer, and copy it here:

VOILA.

An error occurred

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Apologize for the exercise in futility, folks, I will now withdraw and give up.

Thanks for all the instruction, KidDabb.

I use my Microsoft Paint program (everyone running Microsoft should have this). I copy or capture each one separately and save - it automatically saves to my Pictures/Screenshot/Captures folder. Then I open a Paint window and paste each one side-by-side. Then save that group as a single pic. Then post that pic here.

I sure miss the old way of just running all the URLs end-to-end in the same message line 8^<

f3w0bb.jpg

How do you post the pic you create on your computer in a post here on these message boards?

:(

Is it safe for me to post again..?

How do you post the pic you create on your computer in a post here on these message boards?

First you must upload it to TinyPic or another image hosting site. This will assign a new address to the pic - a URL address which, in effect, puts it on the web (the host's site). Then it becomes available for posting here as any other image you post from the web. You just post the (new, uploaded) image's URL address following your own example(s) in the beginning of this thread.

The hosting site will ask you to Choose File. Left-click the button. If your Pictures folder opens, you should see your pic - left-click it to send it to the site's uploader. Click the Upload Now! (or Upload) button. After it loads, right-click the pic and copy the image URL address (or however your browser works). Use that to post here as per your opening example(s).

When you right-click the pic to get the new URL address, DO NOT use Copy image or Copy link address - you want to Copy the URL or URL address - however it's worded.. make sure you get the URL.

I was doing as previously instructed, going to the picture, right clicking on it, getting the 'copy image' url information, then clicking on the icon above, pasting the url, and then it posted.

With these photos, there is no url in Windows Photo Viewer. Whatever I do, I always end up in Windows Photo Viewer. Thanks, but I'm done, I can't take any more. It shouldn't be this much work!

Does anyone know if it's possible to upload images, be they PDF, JPEG, GIF, or whatever, directly from someone's computer to the Messageboards?  I see an icon for My Media, but no information on how to up load anything.  Right now, as Kid_Dabb has noted, I use TinyPic to upload pics from my computer (that's how I created my original post from screen shots), but I seem to remember when the website was revamped, one feature touted was the ability to upload files from a personal computer.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3CtlGxWRY4[media]

This was a test. My first embedded video and look what I just helped give birth to.

Which reminds me of that joke of Rodney's:

"When I was a kid I told my old man I wanted to go to the zoo. He told me, "Don't worry. If they want you, they'll call for ya."

Does anyone know if it's possible to upload images, be they PDF, JPEG, GIF, or whatever, directly from someone's computer to the Messageboards?  I see an icon for My Media, but no information on how to up load anything.  Right now, as Kid_Dabb has noted, I use TinyPic to upload pics from my computer (that's how I created my original post from screen shots), but I seem to remember when the website was revamped, one feature touted was the ability to upload files from a personal computer.

meZStjg.jpg

XFQp1Bc.jpg

mmgWiYG.jpg

DFkIVKY.jpg

g7poCmU.jpg

DL4u6co.jpg

Uploaded to this forum as attachment:

[attachment=519:Door096.jpg]

Uploaded to Imgur and url pasted here:

tRyFXht.jpg

This is how I post a video:

Find a video somewhere, say YouTube.  Select the address:

14e17c7.png

Copy it.  then simply paste it in the body of my post:

j0v47n.png

And it comes out like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n4CKeHHbU0

another test.    :unsure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxPgplMujzQ

One of the two of my absolute favorite Rogers/Astaire dances.

That's my goto when I am talking to someone about classic films and dancing. That particular one, they make it look so easy. It made me go get dance lessons lol. I was jealous of the carefree attitude they display. Then they just walk away like it was no big deal. 

Now that I figured out how to post a pic or a video, its easy to make a point in a discussion. Thanks to whomever's idea this was !

Big Bopper is not allowed to post a pic to illustrate points about movies.  Until yesterday (thur) Big Bopper was posting pics for

THE HIGH COMMAND 1938 film

FURCHT 1917 film

CHILD'S PLAY 1972 film

and in these instances, the photos help stimulate conversation.  none of the pics are objectionable or feature nudity etc. 

I am now being punished for doing nothing.  My CHILD'S PLAY post on the James Mason thread was removed entirely.  Again it had nothing but information ABOUT MOVIES!

So wutz duh beef?

Big Bopper is not allowed to post a pic to illustrate points about movies.  Until yesterday (thur) Big Bopper was posting pics for

THE HIGH COMMAND 1938 film

FURCHT 1917 film

CHILD'S PLAY 1972 film

and in these instances, the photos help stimulate conversation.  none of the pics are objectionable or feature nudity etc. 

I am now being punished for doing nothing.  My CHILD'S PLAY post on the James Mason thread was removed entirely.  Again it had nothing but information ABOUT MOVIES!

So wutz duh beef?

Are you posting copywritten material?     One needs permission for that.    This is a nation founded on the concept of personal property rights.

Are you posting copywritten material?     One needs permission for that.    This is a nation founded on the concept of personal property rights.

Well, except when the issue of "eminent domain" is involved, James!

(...doncha love it when I do this lawyer shtick here?) ;)

tumblr_lrn4tzkg8J1qckyfto1_1280.png

LOL

Locking a thread means the truth about my situation was too much.  If I could post pics why would I start a thread about not being able to?  & just by coincidence as soon as I tell everybody my pic option was blocked - it became unblocked!  I call that a billion to one possibility.

My take is My thread <<<Edgar G. Ulmer: Bluebeard >>> was not accepted well & as punishment my pic was blocked TO PREVENT me from posting another film history thread which was Lew Landers: Mask of Diijon.  when no pics were allowed on this thread it became quite obvious the Bluebeard history was tough to swallow.

Locking a thread is taking the low road which amounts to the same difference as blocking pics.  An attempt to control the truth from leaking onto the board.  Can't have people understanding facts.

So we're back to Too Much Rubbish on here (By Design).  

general

garbage-can-tbdstaff-1019_606.jpg

discussions

Let me tell you that it

bluebeard2.jpg

hurt so bad..................

and 

le-masque-de-dijon.jpg

it is gunna be great having a pic option

to tell you all true facts to replace the obligatory rubbish that is

general discussions

having a pic option is TERRORIFIC!  A New Type of Thrill!

TCM with Facts!  Now that is something worth striving for.

Facts that put the immature jerks into a frenzy of immature jerkiness.

my current wallpaper...

admiral nelson pulling out the control rods on the seaview's reactor pile.

1623ak9.jpg

I can't help it if I love radiation. :)

my current wallpaper...

admiral nelson pulling out the control rods on the seaview's reactor pile.

1623ak9.jpg

I can't help it if I love radiation. :)

I thought that is the nuclear facility we are selling the Iranians to keep them happy. It looks so realistic, lol.