Sign in to follow this  
lavenderblue19

You Like This

12 posts in this topic

I have been receiving notifications from a few posters that they checked  LIKE THIS after a post I've made. They are not showing up in the posts. This has been happening over the last few days. Is this happening to anyone else?

• Like 1

LOL- except it seems to be happening in the trivia threads. Thanks for the test Rich  :)  Fred seems to be having the same problem, he posted this in the Tech threads.

Oh yeah lavender, I get THAT all the time!

Just always figured whoever "liked" one of my posts must have later had have second thoughts about it after their usual sense of good taste came back to 'em they just "un-liked" it later, that's all!

LOL

(...actually, no, I haven't run across this happening to me at all)

LOL- that thought did occur to me, about a poster using better judgement LOL . Fred and I seem to be having this problem, it may just be happening in the trivia threads.

Whenever I get a notice that says someone liked my post in a certain thread, I go to that thread to see which post it was that was liked by them.

Twice only have I been unable to find the post that the notice was in reference to. In those cases I figured the "liker" had clicked "like this" in error and immediately realized the error and cancelled it.

Whenever I get a notice that says someone liked my post in a certain thread, I go to that thread to see which post it was that was liked by them.

Twice only have I been unable to find the post that the notice was in reference to. In those cases I figured the "liker" had clicked "like this" in error and immediately realized the error and cancelled it.

Yes and most times that is what happens. However, today I received a notification that mr6 and one other liked a post I made in trivia. I clicked on it and the like isn't showing up. I just want into the notifications and it's still there but the like isn't showing up. This happened the other day. So something is up that's not working correctly with that function. I think it's nice to let someone know you liked their post and I also think the notification is more important than seeing the like checked.

I just tested 'like' and 'un-like' with Fred and it works as you figured.   He got a notice after I liked his post but since I un-liked the post before he got to the thread the 'like' was gone when he saw the post.

Again, as I wrote that is what usually happens. dargo and I said that hours ago, and I repeated that. As an experiment I will ask mr6 if he unliked the like post that I received a notification for in trivia for the REBUS thread. The notification is still there in my inbox. Let's see what he says. If you go to the tech thread, fred posted he's also having problems with the like thread. and mr6 has had problems with the likes.The mystery of the likes LOL

Again, as I wrote that is what usually happens. dargo and I said that hours ago, and I repeated that. As an experiment I will ask mr6 if he unliked the like post that I received a notification for in trivia for the REBUS thread. The notification is still there in my inbox. Let's see what he says. If you go to the tech thread, fred posted he's also having problems with the like thread. and mr6 has had problems with the likes.The mystery of the likes LOL

no, did NOT 'un-like' your post. :)

Like, I dunno lavender, but like this thread you started is like startin' to make you sound like a certain Valley Girl who like co-hosts that "Essentials" program!

(...and NOW ya got ME doin' it, DANG YOU!!!) 

;)