Sign in to follow this  
FredCDobbs

Some "Like This" notices aren't showing up

19 posts in this topic

We get the notices, but when we go to the post, there are no names listed in front of "Like This".

Fred, same thing has been happening to me. I've been getting notifications the last few days that a poster checked Like This after a post I've made, but it's not showing up in the post. I posted this in the STICKIES threads before I noticed you posted this.

• Like 1

I just got a personal notice of a "like" for my first post, but it doesn't show up as a "like" on the post itself.

The notice says:

I was testing the system.    I 'liked' your post and than 'un-liked' it.     So the notice must go out right when one 'likes' a post.

I'm NOT saying that explains why you can't find other 'liked' post.    But one could really mess with someone by liking than un-liking post after post.    

I was testing the system.    I 'liked' your post and than 'un-liked' it.     So the notice must go out right when one 'likes' a post.

I'm NOT saying that explains why you can't find other 'liked' post.    But one could really mess with someone by liking than un-liking post after post.    

As it turns out in this case mr 6 did NOT Unlike his Like post to me and it did NOT and is still NOT showing up, so that means there is some sort of glitch with the Like function. This is a Tech problem.

• Like 2

As it turns out in this case mr 6 did NOT Unlike his Like post to me and it did NOT and is still NOT showing up, so that means there is some sort of glitch with the Like function. This is a Tech problem.

As I posted to Fred:  I'm NOT saying that explains why you can't find other 'liked' post.  

BUT it does show what happens when one likes \ un-likes a post.  

As I posted to Fred:  I'm NOT saying that explains why you can't find other 'liked' post.  

BUT it does show what happens when one likes \ un-likes a post.  

Yup, and I posted that also. that definitely happens, it's happened to me so I know that's true. It appears however, that this is a different situation, since mr6 did NOT UNLIKE the post, I received notification of the LIKE post, but it never showed up. Again, must be some sort of glitch. It happened in trivia on The REBUS thread.So your thoughts about what might be happening were certainly reasonable and that does happen MOST times, just NOT this time. Hopefully that glitch will or has gone away.

• Like 1

Yup, and I posted that also. that definitely happens, it's happened to me so I know that's true. It appears however, that this is a different situation, since mr6 did NOT UNLIKE the post, I received notification of the LIKE post, but it never showed up. Again, must be some sort of glitch. It happened in trivia on The REBUS thread.So your thoughts about what might be happening were certainly reasonable and that does happen MOST times, just NOT this time. Hopefully that glitch will or has gone away.

I hope you (or they really),  find out for reason for this glitch.    But if the issue isn't repeatable and consistent it makes it a lot more difficult to track down.    I was a software developer for over 25 years and when QA would tell me about an inconsistent 'bug' we would just blame it on gremlins!    ;)

I just did the same. 

Ok, I now see your name for your "Like", but I no longer see my "Like", which should still say "You Like This", but it no longer says that. My "Like" is not showing up for me.

OPPS, sorry. My "Like" still does show up on a different post. :)

Ok, I now see your name for your "Like", but I no longer see my "Like", which should still say "You Like This", but it no longer says that. My "Like" is not showing up for me.

OPPS, sorry. My "Like" still does show up on a different post. :)

Well I'm the one that should be sorry, since I wanted to 'like' the post your liked but pick the first one from her I saw.   BUT I just 'liked' the same post you did and I can see it says "You and FredDobbs like this post'.

Of course even if it works now (i.e. she can see them) it doesn't mean there still isn't an issue for her still.   But as far as I know it isn't an issue for me.      

Of course even if it works now (i.e. she can see them) it doesn't mean there still isn't an issue for her still.   But as far as I know it isn't an issue for me.      

There IS an issue with this problem. I see this issue all the time. Many times I get notices but the "Like" , quite often, does NOT show up where it should at the end of the post.

That's why I started this thread, and lavenderblue19 has noticed this problem too.

• Like 1

There IS an issue with this problem. I see this issue all the time. Many times I get notices but the "Like" , quite often, does NOT show up where it should at the end of the post.

That's why I started this thread, and lavenderblue19 has noticed this problem too.

Fred, are you noticing this on just trivia or on all the threads? I noticed it once last week in the discussions threads and yesterday on the REBUS thread in trivia.

Hey, Fred I believe what she and you are saying.  Never said otherwise.    All I said is that it hasn't occurred to me (as far as I can tell).

Each time I see the 'like' notice at the top right hand corner,  I go to that thread (my ego demands it!),  and,  so far,   I have found every 'like'.

Fred, are you noticing this on just trivia or on all the threads? I noticed it once last week in the discussions threads and yesterday on the REBUS thread in trivia.

I've noticed it in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS too.

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• default_large.png
  • Administrators
  • admin.png
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:39 AM

I have updated the "Like Limit" (called positive reputation in this system) so members can now give 25 "Likes" in a 24 hour period instead of 10.

We get the notices, but when we go to the post, there are no names listed in front of "Like This".

Currently, I'm having the opposite problem: I've noticed a new "[name] likes this" on

one of my recent posts, but I'm not getting a notification of it.

There's no red flag, and no notice when I click on the icon.

Alright. I just got a red flag notification and the "like" was really there and all is well again in Dabbsville.

Musta' been a glitch.