Casablanca100views

Charlotte's Favorite Movie Music

59 posts in this topic

KINGS ROW

Erich Wolfgang Korngold

[media]

[media]

Thank you, TomJH .  King's Row was next up on my list!   How intuitive of you!   

You made just an excellent choice of Youtube video with the major themes.  

And the Korngold piano piece is quite the treasure too.  Imagine that for your birthday! 

I will reply tomorrow, being as it's the start of holy week, with some biblical epic soundtracks for the week.  And if I can find them, some surprises too. 

Thank you again for the great addition.  Puts me in the mood to watch King's Row again.

Thank you, TomJH .  King's Row was next up on my list!   How intuitive of you!   

You made just an excellent choice of Youtube video with the major themes.  

And the Korngold piano piece is quite the treasure too.  Imagine that for your birthday! 

I will reply tomorrow, being as it's the start of holy week, with some biblical epic soundtracks for the week.  And if I can find them, some surprises too. 

Thank you again for the great addition.  Puts me in the mood to watch King's Row again.

You're most welcome. I look forward to your further selections. It would appear that our tastes in music are quite similar since, if I had to name my two favourite film composers, they would be Korngold and Steiner.

• Like 1

Well, TomJH, we're taking a little turn for Holy week.  On Easter Sunday, ABC is doing the annual showing of The Ten Commandments.   More on that later.

Let's start with Miklos Roza's Quo Vadis (1951).