Casablanca100views

Charlotte's Favorite Movie Music

59 posts in this topic

Max Steiner, a replacement after Erich Wolfgang Korngold dropped out of this project. For a substitute, Steiner did a marvelous job. However, the film's poignant love theme is missing from this YT version, truly one of the highlights of this great Steiner score.

[media]

[media]

Thank you, Tom.  It is amazing (I looked too) that Don Juan didn't have the love theme easily accessible.

In the meantime, I listened to several, and this is still my favorite version of the WB fanfare (composed by Max Steiner)

I find it rather sad that Warner Brothers no longer chooses to use Max Steiner's great fanfare score on either their films or DVDs.

Here's another of my Steiner favourites, main title only, unfortunately:

[media]

[media]

I agree with the fanfares too.  It may be the whole nature of filmaking these days that the fanfare doesn't distinguish anymore in the eyes of executives.  I feel they've lost something very iconic and a source of pride without having these now classic audio logos included in the opening.

I will search for more fanfares, including Alfred Newman's most famous one for 20th Century Fox.