FredCDobbs

GUESS WHO?

3,952 posts in this topic

Rich,  I think Virginia Gregg tops the list of "Dragnet" appearances, but Don Dubbins must be near the top of the list..  

Yes, Lavenderblue, it's Don Dubbins.  I figured that if I posted a picture of Garner McKay, it might elevate your blood pressure, and I wouldn't want to do that.  Would you like to post the next one, Lav?

Hey Rich, he was also the lousy buglar that Monty takes over for in one of your favorites From Here To Eternity LOL 

:D

Miles, YES Gorgeous Garner was a fav of mine  ;) You know I'm using my friends computer, a little nervous about attempting to post one but I'll try.

It is Charles Farrell. I know him best from My Little Margie as Vernon Albright Margie's dad. As a little girl use to watch re-runs of the show. Good work, your turn to post one.

. Good work, your turn to post one.

I remember him from the original TV show, some 60 years ago. He used to talk on the show about having been a silent film star, then a few years ago I saw him in one on TCM.

How about you doing another one.

Well, I certainly need more clues.  Is he a silent movie actor?  That picture appears to be quite old.

Started in silents, but made many famous sound movies. Pic is from a 1919 stage production.

Started in silents, but made many famous sound movies. Pic is from a 1919 stage production.

Lionel Barrymore in THE JEST, 1919

L-B-1919.jpg

Scan+7.jpeg

John_%26_Lionel_Barrymore_in_The_Jest_-_

• Like 1

Excellent job, Fred. I took the picture from a newspaper archive, so I thought that would make it difficult. Would you like to tell us how you got this one?

Excellent job, Fred. I took the picture from a newspaper archive, so I thought that would make it difficult. Would you like to tell us how you got this one?

I put my brain on "automatic" and it runs through dozens of search words and terms and sometimes the right photo turns up.

No, but I can see why you might say that.

This actress is more famous for being blonde.

Jeanne Eagles

Very good (except for the spelling error). This is how she appeared in a stage production of Alexander Hamilton, opposite George Arliss.

Very good (except for the spelling error). This is how she appeared in a stage production of Alexander Hamilton, opposite George Arliss

That was a hard one. I never did find your original photo. But I used your clues, and it looked to me like your original photo was taken in the late 19-teens (1917), which suggested a theatrical play. And she made only 2 sound films.

That was a hard one. I never did find your original photo. But I used your clues, and it looked to me like your original photo was taken in the late 19-teens (1917), which suggested a theatrical play. And she made only 2 sound films.

The photo was from a newspaper archive.