FredCDobbs

GUESS WHO?

3,264 posts in this topic

Yes, Sybil Jason was one of the more talented child stars.  

jason_1983123b.jpg

Here is Sybil with some former child stars.

6004094_orig.jpg

Left to right are:  Luana Patten, Edith Fellows, and Peggy Ann Garner.  That's Bobby Mauch hugging Sybil. 

OK. Fred, it's your turn to post the next one.

Sorry Sixes.  It's not Jane Withers.  This young lady in my photo was all of sixteen when this picture was taken.  It's from a film she made in 1943.  

tumblr_inline_n3zh0aZsXB1s6lxse.jpg

I'm surprised that no one got it after all this time.  Apparently, ginnyfan from the discussion forum doesn't check the Games and Trivia forum.  This is a picture of sixteen year old Virginia Weidler from "Best Foot Forward".  It was made in 1943 and it was Ginny's last picture.  

We're more used to seeing her looking a bit younger.

vw2.jpg

I'll leave the thread open.

I'm surprised that no one got it after all this time.  Apparently, ginnyfan from the discussion forum doesn't check the Games and Trivia forum.  This is a picture of sixteen year old Virginia Weidler from "Best Foot Forward".  It was made in 1943 and it was Ginny's last picture.  

I will send Ginnyfan a message...I don't always check this thread either. I would definitely have provided the correct answer!

We're more used to seeing her looking a bit younger.

vw2.jpg

I'll leave the thread open.

I used to play the games when I first joined, but stopped a while back. I am saddened that no one recognized Virginia from what one complaining moviegoer referred to at the time as her "glamor puss" period. :)

I must redouble my efforts to make Virginia's a household face.

• Like 1

Mr. 6666, I only guessed Scotty Becket because it looked like a scene from "Battleground" with that fake studio snow, and the clue said it was a former child star.   That's not a photo of Scotty Becket.  I believe that it's George Murphy in the photo.  Check out this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrkN0q7Hs1o

It's definitely not Scotty.  That's for sure.  That's for dang sure!

Now, this actress had an adult career, but she was usually only cast in supporting roles.  She was more famous for her work as a child actress.  Who is she?

darla-hood-03.jpg  darla-hood-01.jpg

Here's a hint.  Her adult work was in the fifties.  Her work as a child was in the thirties and forties.  She once appeared with Laurel and Hardy.

Miles, you reference Darla Hood. Is she the answer or is there a photo of the actress the question is about with Darla? either way, my computer will not let me see the photos. Please clarify. Thanks

Mr. 6666, I only guessed Scotty Becket because it looked like a scene from "Battleground" with that fake studio snow, and the clue said it was a former child star.   That's not a photo of Scotty Becket.  I believe that it's George Murphy in the photo.  Check out this trailer:

Now, this actress had an adult career, but she was usually only cast in supporting roles.  She was more famous for her work as a child actress.  Who is she?

Here's a hint.  Her adult work was in the fifties.  Her work as a child was in the thirties and forties.  She once appeared with Laurel and Hardy.

No pics here, either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrkN0q7Hs1o

sorry folks for incorrect Beckett image (trusted 'Google image') :(

(can't view your pics either)

Gee, the photos appear on my screen.  I guess it's a source or browser problem.  Anyhow, it was Darla Hood.  Lavender got it just from my clues.  I'll try another source.

hooddarlajeanbio.jpg

Here'e Darla.

Can you see this photo?

Do you know who this guy is?  He also was a child actor.

Corbis-JS1564264.jpg?size=67&uid=7139352  

Yes, it's Dickie Moore, who was in many movies as a child and as a young adult.  He was in "Blonde Venus" with Marlene Dietrich and "Disorderly Conduct" with Spencer Tracy.  He is one of the few people still alive who appeared in silent movies.  He is married to Jane Powell.

220px-Dickie_Moore_%281932%29.jpg  220px-Dickie_Moore_in_Youth_Runs_Wild.jp  

Good work, Lavender.  Now, here is a young lady who was in some movies as a child, but you probably remember her more as a teen or young adult.  Who is she?

bonita_granville12.jpg

Here she is with Edward G. Robinson.

afee7184cacb8a70bd2cde26312f6264.jpg

please click on photo to enlarge

That's an easy one! I believe it was taken in the 1970s when Betty Hutton earned her college degree. Right?