FredCDobbs

GUESS WHO?

3,264 posts in this topic

That's Lucille Ball from a TV movie that she did called "Stone Pillow".  By the way, I believe that Dickie Moore is still alive.  Now, what happened to the pictures of the young girl that I posted after the Dickie Moore photos?   Did they not show up? They show up fine on my screen.

Good work, Lavender.  Now, here is a young lady who was in some movies as a child, but you probably remember her more as a teen or young adult.  Who is she?

bonita_granville12.jpg

Here she is with Edward G. Robinson.

afee7184cacb8a70bd2cde26312f6264.jpg  

You're right Miles-- it is indeed Lucy from the STONE PILLOW TV movie. My goal was to use a picture where the star was in heavy make-up and not too recognizable.

:)

That's Lucille Ball from a TV movie that she did called "Stone Pillow".  By the way, I believe that Dickie Moore is still alive.  Now, what happened to the pictures of the young girl that I posted after the Dickie Moore photos?   Did they not show up? They show up fine on my screen.

Good work, Lavender.  Now, here is a young lady who was in some movies as a child, but you probably remember her more as a teen or young adult.  Who is she?

bonita_granville12.jpg

Here she is with Edward G. Robinson.

afee7184cacb8a70bd2cde26312f6264.jpg  

Looks like Bonita Granville to me

Well Lavender, it looks like Bonita Granville to me too.  The photo of Bonita in the hat is from "Cavalcade", the Oscar winning best picture of 1933.  The one with Edward G. Robinson is from "Silver Dollar".  It was made in 1932.  She became well known when she starred in the Nancy Drew series for Warner Bros. in the late thirties.  She later married oil man Jack Wrather, who produced a few of her movies.  The Wrather corporation produced the "Lassie" TV series in the fifties, and Bonita was the executive producer of that show.  She also made a few appearances on it.  The Wrathers also produced "The Lone Ranger" TV series.

Bonita-Granville-1-350x431.jpg

Here she is all grown up.

Now here is a guy who was at one time a child actor.  Can you name him?

jimmyhunt_zps0a91b9e3.jpg

aaaaaaaaajimbo.jpg

He was in lots of movies in the forties and fifties, but he did not have an adult acting career.

Well Lavender, it looks like Bonita Granville to me too.  The photo of Bonita in the hat is from "Cavalcade", the Oscar winning best picture of 1933.  The one with Edward G. Robinson is from "Silver Dollar".  It was made in 1932.  She became well known when she starred in the Nancy Drew series for Warner Bros. in the late thirties.  She later married oil man Jack Wrather, who produced a few of her movies.  The Wrather corporation produced the "Lassie" TV series in the fifties, and Bonita was the executive producer of that show.  She also made a few appearances on it.  The Wrathers also produced "The Lone Ranger" TV series.

Bonita-Granville-1-350x431.jpg

Here she is all grown up.

Now here is a guy who was at one time a child actor.  Can you name him?

aaaaaaaaajimbo.jpg

He was in lots of movies in the forties and fifties, but he did not have an adult acting career.

It's fine that Miles posted one, I was going to leave it open :)

Yes, it's Jimmy Hunt from "Invaders From Mars" and several other movies from the late forties and early fifties.

1471.jpg  

He didn't didn't change much in fifty years, did he?  Well, maybe.

Good work, Lavender.  It's your turn now.

Well the photo was up for four days and no one got it.  I'm surprised because I posted photos of these men this week in the Retro Trivia thread.  It's Tim Considine on the left and David Stollery on the right.  They were "Spin And Marty" on "The Mickey Mouse Club" in the fifties.  Both men are now 74 years old.  The picture was taken at a Disney tribute to Annette Funicello, who worked with both of them.

Now, moving on, this woman was a terrific child actress in the sixties.  She is known for one particular role where she played the daughter of the movie's star in an acclaimed drama.  Can you guess who she is?

Scout2.jpg    912.-Mary-head-shot_thumb3.jpg?imgmax=80

These photos were taken a few years apart.  She is now 62 years old.  

Yes, it's Mary Badham, who played "Scout" in "To Kill A Mockingbird".    Here she is.

1glkm31p46mi1il4.jpg?djet1p5k

She also was in "This Property Is Condemned" with Natalie Wood.  Here she is in a photo from that film.

84ulx2ogstn32xg4.jpg?djet1p5k

Good job, Edythe.  Now it's your turn to post one.

This pretty little girl became a beautiful movie star.  Her career started when she was in her teens.  Can you guess who she is?

tumblr_mndc9hHZTv1qebdsfo1_250.jpg