FredCDobbs

GUESS WHO?

3,260 posts in this topic

Yes, Katina Paxinou. I'm glad you could get it from that photo...I tried to enlarge it but failed.

Your turn.

Open thread

This fellow got his teeth fixed and his eyebrows trimmed before becoming famous.

3ba0c1363b1fb6889b5a2e409da530a2.jpg  

Can you guess who it is?

Yes, it is Clark Gable.  With some dental work, eye brow trimming, and hair style change, this is how we remember him. 

article-2068727-0F04849F00000578-264_306  

OK, Lavender.  The thread is yours.

This woman was a child actress in movies and TV shows in the fifties and sixties.   Her father was a producer of low budget movies.  Some have been shown on TCM.  She was a personal friend of one of our message board posters.  She passed away from cancer a few years ago.  Can you guess her name?

icongordon.jpg   sgordon200.jpg  

That's Susan Gordon, musicalnovelty's childhood friend. She was so good as Danny Kaye's daughter in The Five Pennies. When I was a young girl I saw The Five Pennies in a theater when it was first releasedLast year I remember watching Tormented, her father Bert Gordon directed the film and Susan again had a role. She also had a role in the Alan Ladd film The Man In A Net. Watched that one just a few months ago. Susan plays one of the kids that helps Ladd hide out and trap the real killer.  So Very sad that she passed at such a young age. Lovely child actress, lovely woman. Also remember her appearing on  Donna Reed and My Three Sons episodes.They have been shown in re-run in the last year.

Very good, Lavender.  She was indeed a talented young actress.  Here she is as a youngster in a tribute video clip.

And yes, her father was producer/director Bert I. Gordon.

Lavender, it's your turn.  

Yes of course Mary Astor. This was more of a test for me to post a photo where the name wouldn't appear under the photo. Think I've finally got that problem solved. Thanks Miles :) Your turn

This former child actress actually did have an adult career, but most of her movies and TV appearances are not well known today.  Can you guess who she is?

peggy-ann-garner-black-widow.jpg

peggyanngarner1.jpg  

Peggy-Ann-Garner-1949.jpg

I always think of her as little Francie, from "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn".  She was also in the first "Bomba The Jungle Boy" movie that was shown on TCM a few Saturdays ago.  My first two photos are from the 1954 film "Black Widow" where she is strangled by Ginger Rogers.  The photo of her in the hat is from  the 1951 film "The Big Cat".  Here she is in "Jane Eyre".

pagje13.jpg

Good work, Edythe.  It's your turn now.

When I click on the image, it says Myrna Loy at the bottom.  I believe I would have recognized her anyway.  Now, here is a popular young performer from the fifties.

Clown%20Darlene.jpg

I'll give you a big hint:  This is one of the original Mousketeers from "The Mickey Mouse Club".  Can you guess which one?

I bet you'll get it when I tell you that this youngster starred in a serial called "Corky And White Shadow".

Darlene Gillespie. Yes?