FredCDobbs

GUESS WHO?

3,718 posts in this topic

I think people are stuck on the latest photo-- nobody's replying with guesses.

True, she looks like miss average somebody on some average TV show or in some average movie.

True, she looks like miss average somebody on some average TV show or in some average movie.

It has to be some 60s TV show or movie, given the hairstyle.

Anne Gillis as Beckey Thatcher in THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER, (1938)

the-adventures-of-tom-sawyer.jpg?1306865

This film is coming up on TCM in the near future. I'm eager to see it.

This film is coming up on TCM in the near future. I'm eager to see it.

Great news, thanks.

I saw this film in a theater in the late 1940s.

Back in those days, the studios would "re-release" film classics like this, from about 5 to 8 years after they were first made, and to us kids, we thought they were new movies. I still remember scenes from it, such as Tom and Beckey lost in the cave.

• Like 1

Great news, thanks.

I saw this film in a theater in the late 1940s.

Back in those days, the studios would "re-release" film classics like this, from about 5 to 8 years after they were first made, and to us kids, we thought they were new movies. I still remember scenes from it, such as Tom and Beckey lost in the cave.

Yes, they could re-release films in those days because there wasn't any television. 

THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER will air on July 7th.

Yes, they could re-release films in those days because there wasn't any television. 

And because they were classics.

I saw DRACULA and FRANKENSTEIN in re-release, also SONG OF THE SOUTH in the late 1940s. KING KONG in 1952. GONE WITH THE WIND in 1953. Etc, etc.

And because they were classics.

I saw DRACULA and FRANKENSTEIN in re-release, also SONG OF THE SOUTH in the late 1940s. KING KONG in 1952. GONE WITH THE WIND in 1953. Etc, etc.

You know what I realized, Fred? You're probably one of the few posters on this board who remembers what life was like before widespread use of television.

My dad was born in 1945, and his folks had a farm. I don't think they got television in the rural areas until maybe 1955 when my dad was around ten years old.

So you guys are from a unique generation.

You know what I realized, Fred? You're probably one of the few posters on this board who remembers what life was like before widespread use of television.

My dad was born in 1945, and his folks had a farm. I don't think they got television in the rural areas until maybe 1955 when my dad was around ten years old.

So you guys are from a unique generation.

We got our first TV in 1953. I was 10 or 11.

• Like 1

That is ANN GILLIS. A popular child star (Adventures of Tom Sawyer)  and in 2001 SPACE ODYSSEY

Lavender....you're up :)

It certainly could be and is DORIS DAY, Miles. It couldn't be anyone else with those cheeks. Even as a baby she had that beautiful smile. Good work Miles, it's your thread ;)

Yes, good job Miles. I notice that lavender never replies to me in this thread. So in the off-chance I get one of her rounds, the game will probably come to a complete stop. LOL 

Since this is an interactive game, I don't see how it can fully work if people are ignoring one another...do you?

Thanks, Lavender.  In looking for pictures to post on this thread, I've come across so many childhood pictures of stars.  Some don't change much at all when they grow up, while others look to be a whole different person.  Here's a guy who was a very busy child actor.  He worked with people like Humphrey Bogart, John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, and Errol Flynn.  He was an excellent horsemen who specialized in westerns in his adult career. Can you guess who he is?

eb6qow3vetpfevpo.jpg?djet1p5k   

mvppzy9prz34pvz3.jpg?djet1p5k  

156full.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-02-24-20h26m38s4.png