FredCDobbs

GUESS WHO?

3,715 posts in this topic

I sometimes have trouble with posting pics from different sources, so I posted several, hoping that some would show up.  This young fellow also did the voice of a famous animated character. 

I sometimes have trouble with posting pics from different sources, so I posted several, hoping that some would show up.  This young fellow also did the voice of a famous animated character. 

Oh! Pinocchio? - Dickie Jones?

Yes, it's Dickie Jones, later Dick Jones when he was a regular on "The Range Rider".  He also starred as "Buffalo Bill Jr." on TV in the fifties.  He was an excellent young horseman as a child and was discovered by Hoot Gibson.  He played Bogie's son in "The Black Legion".  He was in "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington".  Here he is with Cliff Edwards doing the voice of Pinocchio while cliff voiced Jiminy Cricket: 

18854989_640X480.jpeg

It's your turn, Kid.

Thank you, Miles. Now here's a young Miss who's gone on to bigger and better things in her career. She's equally adept at dramas and comedies - and not too shabby to look at, either. If you can name her, you can name her "fella" and why they're costumed.

1y65va.jpg

Right Right Right Right Right Right.. and right!

:lol:

Thank you, lavender! Your thread.

I've been cogitatin' on that face all day. I recognized it immediately, but couldn't put a name to it or remember where I'd seen him.

Is this Baby Dumpling?

I've been cogitatin' on that face all day. I recognized it immediately, but couldn't put a name to it or remember where I'd seen him.

Is this Baby Dumpling?

Yes, Baby Bumstead, Baby Dumpling, Alexander Bumstead, call this cutie any of those names it's actor Larry Simms. Blondie and Dagwood's son.

Knew this one would drive some of you guys nutty, recognizing him but trying to remember what films you knew him from :D

Good job Kid, and thanks fred for the guess.

• Like 1

Yes, Baby Bumstead, Baby Dumpling, Alexander Bumstead, call this cutie any of those names it's actor Larry Simms. Blondie and Dagwood's son.

Knew this one would drive some of you guys nutty, recognizing him but trying to remember what films you knew him from :D

Good job Kid, and thanks fred for the guess.

LOL! I knew I'd seen him hundreds of times, but juuusssst couldn't place him.. and THEN! Ha!

Thank you lavender

:)

I'll leave the thread open

Yes, it's Ted Donaldson.  I just found out recently that "Neely" was a nickname for Cornelius.  He was also in "Once Upon A Time" with Cary Grant.  I was going to just post his photo as an old man and have everyone guess, but I thought that might be unfair, since he did not have much of an adult career.

cary_grant_ted_donaldson_once_upon_a_tim  

Child_Actor_Ted_Donaldson_then_and_now_5  

You'll notice that he seems to favor checked shirts.  Lavender, it's your turn. 

There's one other thing I learned about Ted Donaldson.  He played the part of Bud in the radio version of "Father Knows Best".

Father_Knows_Best_Radio_Show_Cast.png  

The Radio Cast of Father Knows Best, from left to right: Norma Jean Nilsson (as Kathy),Ted Donaldson (as Bud), Robert Young (as Jim), Rhoda Williams (as Betty), and June Whitley Taylor (as Margaret).  The audition show was called “Meet the Hendersons” (12/20/1948) but by the time the radio show premiered on August 25, 1949, the family name was changed to the one we all know and love “The Andersons.” The show aired on Thursday evenings through March 25, 1954.

Yes, several popular TV shows in the fifties originated at radio programs.

It's still Lavender's turn. 

• Like 1

There's one other thing I learned about Ted Donaldson.  He played the part of Bud in the radio version of "Father Knows Best".

Father_Knows_Best_Radio_Show_Cast.png  

The Radio Cast of Father Knows Best, from left to right: Norma Jean Nilsson (as Kathy),Ted Donaldson (as Bud), Robert Young (as Jim), Rhoda Williams (as Betty), and June Whitley Taylor (as Margaret).  The audition show was called “Meet the Hendersons” (12/20/1948) but by the time the radio show premiered on August 25, 1949, the family name was changed to the one we all know and love “The Andersons.” The show aired on Thursday evenings through March 25, 1954.

Yes, several popular TV shows in the fifties originated at radio programs.

It's still Lavender's turn. 

I shure wish sometimes that I was born about 10 years earlier. I would like to have grown up in that prosperous era after WWII. But then.. I'd be hurtin' now, boy!

:P

Thanks Miles :) another that's not too difficult

attachicon.gifphoto3.jpg pls click on photos to enlarge

Billy Chapin (John) from "Night of the Hunter"?

Mitchum,_chapin_thenightofthehunter_1955

Yes, that sure is Billy Chapin mr6. Definitely his most famous role was in NIGHT OF THE HUNTER and he was excellent. He's Lauren Chapin's (Cathy in Father Knows Best) real life brother. Thanks and it's your thread :)

thanks, lavender :)

Okay, who recognizes the man on the LEFT....

(who also was more active on screen in his younger days)

jackie.jpg

thanks, lavender :)

Okay, who recognizes the man on the LEFT....

(who also was more active on screen in his younger days)

I'm pretty sure I know this guy. If I'm right, I've seen several

of his "younger" shows and films in the past 2 weeks.

I'll let others have a shot at this one

:)

No takers, eh? 

I believe this is Johnny Sheffield - aka: Boy, from the Tarzan movies (and his own).

• Like 1

No takers, eh? 

I believe this is Johnny Sheffield - aka: Boy, from the Tarzan movies (and his own).

You are right. After your post,  I looked up his name and found the same photo,