FredCDobbs

GUESS WHO?

3,931 posts in this topic

This is so obvious......

eli2.jpg

Those eyes pierce the black & white - no mistaking.. someone needs to call home.

No takers, eh? 

I believe this is Johnny Sheffield - aka: Boy, from the Tarzan movies (and his own).

BTW, Sheffield was correct. Thanks, Kid :)

(funny how the eyes stay the same)

-so you're up....

Does anyone recognize the little girl?

I think it's Elizabeth Taylor, but I haven't verified it.

• Like 1

I think it's Elizabeth Taylor, but I haven't verified it.

Yes. Thank you. :)

Looks like she is ready to star in her first movie.

She and actress Jaqueline White are often credited for creating autograph shows.

I believe that it's "B" movie actress Myrna Dell.  She may have been on TCM yesterday in "Belle Of The Yukon".  You can see her in this clip from 1952's "The Bushwackers".  She plays Lon Chaney Jr.'s not so nice daughter, Norah.

https://archive.org/details/TheBushwhackers

And you would be believin' correctly, Miles. Thank you! Thanks for the link - that print shure could use a good cleanin'.

Your turn, pardner.

6opush_th.gif

This one will be a little different.  This actress worked with Laurel and Hardy.  She was also in many "B" pictures throughout the 1930's.  

jacqueline_wells___any_old_port.jpg

Then, in mid-career, she changed her name, and was featured in better pictures, many of them were film noirs.  Here she is after the name change.

220px-Julie_Bishop.jpg

She had a daughter who became an actress.  The daughter was in some movies and lots of TV shows in the eighties.  Here she is.

blkjacket-head-c-275.jpg  15872-7920.jpg  

The picture of the daughter in a nurse's uniform is from a well known eighties thriller.  Can you name the mother and daughter?

The daughter is Pamela Shoop in Halloween II outfit. The mom is Julie Bishop who acted under the name Jacqueline Wells in her early career. ??

Miles,

We discussed Jacqueline Wells a few years ago. She was in a Buster Crabbe Tarzan film and was very pretty. The director set her up to be chased by wild horses, and they almost ran over her. That would have killed her. She is really running for her life in this film clip, which I captured from the movie.

2a6qcu1.jpg

juliabishop_tarzan.jpg

WHY IS TARZAN SMILING??

Tarzan-The-Fearless-1933.jpg

• Like 1

Good work, Edythe.  Jacqueline Wells was a child actress in some silent films in the twenties and she continued to use her real name until about 1941, when she signed with Warner Bros.  She changed her name because the studio didn't want people to associate her with low budget "B" movies.  She had been married for a few years to a writer named Walter Booth Brooks, so she changed her name to Julie Bishop so she could keep her monogrammed luggage.  Really, I don't make this stuff up.

Thanks also to Fred.  I don't remember that earlier thread about her, but then again, I don't remember lots of things.  Why would there be wild horses running after her in the African jungle?  

Pamela Susan Shoop was a very lovely actress who was indeed a nurse in "Halloween 2".  She was also in "Empire Of The Ants" with Joan Collins, as well as many TV series.  

Here is Jacqueline Wells with Stan and Ollie.

Edythe, It's your thread now.

Thanks also to Fred.  I don't remember that earlier thread about her, but then again, I don't remember lots of things.  Why would there be wild horses running after her in the African jungle?  

LOL...that's a good question, isn't it..?

Ha!

This actress did most of her work in the 1960s - films and tv. She was a real stunner back then.

Ha!

This actress did most of her work in the 1960s - films and tv. She was a real stunner back then.

I know this beautiful woman, and I recognize the clue..

I hope someone will come along and give her a name.

:)

I think this is Nancy Kovack. Here's a shot of her with Huey Lewis' grandfather: Tor Lewis

zt9dux.jpg