rhodesisland

Opening Day timeline question

4 posts in this topic

Now that the schedule is published, I see that the Welcoming Party at the Club TCM and the Red Carpet prior to SoM occur at the same time.

What is the logistics of that?

While the Red Carpet starts at the same time as the Opening Party, the thing to keep in mind is that the Opening Night film and discussion doesn't start until closer to 7:00.  

While The Sound of Music will likely be sold out it will depend on your pass as to what you should do.

If you have the Spotlight pass, you can probably glide through the Opening Party on your way to the Red Carpet and take time to have a complimentary Gin and Tonic or beer.

If you have an Essential pass, I would suggest hitting the Red Carpet at the start time and get your queue number as soon as possible to avoid being far down in the line.

The Egyptian seats about 616 so keep that mind in trying to figure out just where in the line you want to be.

If you are just going to sit in the bleachers and watch others walk the Red Carpet, that will depend on your movie of choice.  The Lizbeth Scott film, No Time for Tears and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance are both very popular with festival goers who aren't going to the Opening Night film.

Me, I plan to get in line at 5:00 for Liberty, so for the first time in 6 years, I am foregoing the  Opening Night party.  

There is always the Closing Night Party and plenty of other opportunities to hang out with other Festival goers, especially while you are standing in line.

While the Red Carpet starts at the same time as the Opening Party, the thing to keep in mind is that the Opening Night film and discussion doesn't start until closer to 7:00.  

While The Sound of Music will likely be sold out it will depend on your pass as to what you should do.

If you have the Spotlight pass, you can probably glide through the Opening Party on your way to the Red Carpet and take time to have a complimentary Gin and Tonic or beer.

If you have an Essential pass, I would suggest hitting the Red Carpet at the start time and get your queue number as soon as possible to avoid being far down in the line.

The Egyptian seats about 616 so keep that mind in trying to figure out just where in the line you want to be.

If you are just going to sit in the bleachers and watch others walk the Red Carpet, that will depend on your movie of choice.  The Lizbeth Scott film, No Time for Tears and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance are both very popular with festival goers who aren't going to the Opening Night film.

Me, I plan to get in line at 5:00 for Liberty, so for the first time in 6 years, I am foregoing the  Opening Night party.  

There is always the Closing Night Party and plenty of other opportunities to hang out with other Festival goers, especially while you are standing in line.

Cutter, thank you for the reply. We are Spotlight pass holders, so guess we'll be able to go with the flow of the evening!

Cutter, thank you for the reply. We are Spotlight pass holders, so guess we'll be able to go with the flow of the evening!

You are more than welcome!  I look forward to meeting you in a few days!