Sign in to follow this  
TopBilled

Classic musicals online

4 posts in this topic

Thought I'd mention these are available online as we wait for them to premiere or return to TCM's airwaves:

AARON SLICK FROM PUNKIN CREEK (Amazon Prime)

ATHENA (Amazon Prime)

THE BIRDS AND THE BEES (Amazon Prime)

BREAKFAST IN HOLLYWOOD (Amazon Prime)

CAREER GIRL (Amazon Prime)

CAROUSEL (Amazon Prime)

THE COURT JESTER (Amazon Prime)

DOLL FACE (Amazon Prime)

THE FABULOUS DORSEYS (Amazon Prime)

HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN (Amazon Prime)

HELLO, DOLLY! (Amazon Prime)

THE INSPECTOR GENERAL (Amazon Prime)

LET'S DANCE (Amazon Prime)

MR. MUSIC (Amazon Prime)

MOLLY AND ME (Amazon Prime)

OKLAHOMA! (Amazon Prime)

ONE TOUCH OF VENUS (Amazon Prime)

PAINT YOUR WAGON (Amazon Prime)

SAILING ALONG (Amazon Prime)

SOMEBODY LOVES ME (Amazon Prime)

THE SOUND OF MUSIC (Amazon Prime)

SOUTH PACIFIC (Amazon Prime)

STAGE DOOR CANTEEN (Amazon Prime)

THE STARS ARE SINGING (Amazon Prime)

STATE FAIR '45 (Amazon Prime)

STORMY WEATHER (Amazon Prime)
SUNNY (Amazon Prime)
VOGUES OF 1938 (Amazon Prime)
WHITE CHRISTMAS (Amazon Prime)

OKLAHOMA! on Blu-ray is a mixed bag.  From an image perspective, it is, in many ways, the finest-looking Blu-ray ever released (or at least of the hundreds that I've seen).  Unfortunately, the sound is fairly abysmal, when compared to the old, uncompressed laserdisc release, and there is a screw-up of a day-for-night scene, that is presented as broad daylight.   Still, for those with a Blu-ray player, I highly recommend it.  Unfortunately,  CAROUSEL and THE KING AND I are horribly represented on Blu-ray.  Even THE SOUND OF MUSIC, which looks very nice, has a messed-up soundtrack from a folely perspective.  The foley is all but obliterated in the last 2 video releases.  I sure wish Fox would hire someone who has a clue how these films should look and so.und

• Like 1

Be careful when you stream some movies. Some sites carry viruses and some trap you into purchasing dvds and soft ware you may not want. Just be careful.

OKLAHOMA! on Blu-ray is a mixed bag.  From an image perspective, it is, in many ways, the finest-looking Blu-ray ever released (or at least of the hundreds that I've seen).  Unfortunately, the sound is fairly abysmal, when compared to the old, uncompressed laserdisc release, and there is a screw-up of a day-for-night scene, that is presented as broad daylight.   Still, for those with a Blu-ray player, I highly recommend it.  Unfortunately,  CAROUSEL and THE KING AND I are horribly represented on Blu-ray.  Even THE SOUND OF MUSIC, which looks very nice, has a messed-up soundtrack from a folely perspective.  The foley is all but obliterated in the last 2 video releases.  I sure wish Fox would hire someone who has a clue how these films should look and so.und

I wish TCM would show OKLAHOMA!...it's been ages since it aired on the channel. It does turn up on the Encore Westerns channel occasionally, but as a horribly cropped pan-and-scan version.