Lonixcap

2016 TCM FILM FEST SUGGESTIONS

4 posts in this topic

I know there's always a theme involved in the selections. This year was history. I'm not sure about next year's theme, but here's what I'd like to see:

A Frank Sinatra retrospective of Frank the actor:

From Here To Eternity

The Man With The Golden Arm

The Manchurian Candidate

Von Ryan's Express

50th Anniversary Salutes to:

Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf

The Sand Pebbles

The Blue Max

Born Free

John Frankenheimer tribute:

Seconds

Grand Prix

Sam Fuller Tribute:

The Crimson Kimono

Shock Corridor

The Big Red One

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2015 at 2:10 PM, Lonixcap said:

I know there's always a theme involved in the selections. This year was history. I'm not sure about next year's theme, but here's what I'd like to see:

A Frank Sinatra retrospective of Frank the actor:

From Here To Eternity

The Man With The Golden Arm

The Manchurian Candidate

Von Ryan's Express

Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf

The Sand Pebbles

The Blue Max

Born Free

Seconds

Grand Prix

Sam Fuller Tribute:

The Crimson Kimono

Shock Corridor

The Big Red One

now your talking my runner-up all-time hero francis (aLBERT) Sinatra-(1915-98)```4-`5-L998) CHOSE pALM SPRINGS, California & dESEERT mEMORIAL pARK-(VERY HUMBLE GRAVE) 7 HIS FAMED 1 STORY PAD IS BEUING SOULD CURRENTLY, THIOUGHT SINCE HIS mAY 12TH, 98 DEMISE FANS IF THE HAD THE$$$ COULD SOPENED ALL NIGHT INSIDE FOR A PALTRY $18,000!  hE ADORED THE DESERT all the way! ^ the tHE TOPPER IS, HE CHIOSE AN ULTRA MODEST HEADSTONE FOR HIMSELF IN DESEERT MEMORAL PARK< CEM  LOKING LIKE THE REST< BUT, HIS BUDDUES BURIED *"THE CHAIRMAN" WITH A BOTTLE OF JACK, RED SCAWRDRF, POCKETFUL OF LUCKY CIGS & THEN FILLED IS POCKED WITH COINS IN CANE SE HIT THE SLOTS UP THERE  (serious)

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2015 at 2:10 PM, Lonixcap said:

A Frank Sinatra retrospective of Frank the actor: (4 BIG STARS!)  my only other all-time hero and idol & was even in a superlative FAn-CLub based down here in Lakeland, FL I still have hefty bags of stuff they sent, then typically it folded?)

From Here To Eternityn (*****-stars!)=(swept 8 huge Academy awards, including *Frank's) (Remade for tv in a well made (***) 1979 tv movie/mini-series with Natalie Wood, W. Devane, Steve Railsback, Joe Pantaliano, Kim Basinger & Peter Boyle) (Sadly was NATALIE'S only Golden Globe victory?)

The Man With The Golden Arm (***1/2) & his fav role) As Frankie the machine

The Manchurian Candidate (4 BG STARS!) Brilliant on every level!

Von Ryan's Express (***-out of 4 stars)

Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf? (***1/2)

The Sand Pebbles (4!)-(my very first hero as a kid age 9 to 15 "King of Movie Cool" Steve McQueen-(l930-l980) snagged his only shot at an Oscar too, deserved it more for '73's "Papillion" though)

The Blue Max (**-out of 4_

Born Free (***1/2)-(won both song & Score by *J. Barry)

Seconds-(yet to see it?)

Grand Prix (***)

Sam Fuller Tribute:

The Crimson Kimono

Shock Corridor

The Big Red One (***1/2)

BOT SOME MORE? ^ to join in, gotta' he's my runner up hero & idol, barely after The Great: Spencer Tracy-(l900-l967) Ever see the two in 1961's "Devil at "4 0'Clock" (l96l)only ok due to these 2 heavyweights (**1/2)?

Essential *Sinatra Cinema:-(as all know TCM GP'S just limited to just 4 selections, due to time & legal issues, EXAMPLE: They still cannotboard Disney's gloriousous n^ iodf course *Disney's glorious era of "Piniocchio" "Fantasia""Dumbo" & others, still don't know why thoughout wil tcm ever give an inch of an sweer either???? & you know what same goes & strangely with *GFI" & GFII*???)

My own favorite  Essential Sinatra motion pictures (NOTE Excuse sloppy writing, machine right now & I am more then ill) (out of 58)

1. 1958 "Some Came Running" (l958-MGM) 1940's era, not *GFT & GFII   (TRIVI(A: Eli Wallach was set fr Maggio, but his Ava, Harry Cohn & mobster Johnny Rosselli=(murderred_ that to Eli Wallach Franki  Aldo Ray was set to -play R0bert E. Lee Prewitt, but at peastommited that wajmted Cplifrs old Clift instead) OOPS, sorry got analysis & year wrong,. but that was accurate what I posted at any rate. seems like everybody in "Some Came Running" earned nominations, except Frank & Dino, *Shirley stole the show, huh>& yet another powerful score by *E. Bernstein  Filmed in Tarahote) Mny dubbed this a sequel of sorts to "Eternity" due to the famed writer)>

2. "From Here to Eternity"-(easily ranks among Hollywoods top ten great WW11 pix!)

3. "Man With the Golden Arm" (check outtheheavyweights vs. Frank for 1955 though *Borgnine in "Marty" JD in "East of Eden" Spencer Tracy in "Bad Day at Black Rock" James Cagney in "Love Me or Leave ME!"  YOU DECIDE?  Plus, the always underrated legendary Robert Mitchum in "Night of the Hunter" not nommed though (TRIVIA: Bob's fav role & movie though was '57's "Heaven Knows Mr. Allison" instead & made around 97 pix)

FEEL FREE TO) CONTACT MKE ABIUT THE MOVIUS, OSCARS, B.O. STATS, TR*I*V*I*A YOU NAME *(T (jeffshannon50@hmail.ci9m or HANDOE I(S (s-encer64_

ANYMORE FOR NOW? OR IF YOU JUST WANT TO SEND ON MOVIES, PLESE DO & I THANK YOU. 

AGAIN, excuse my sloppy loggings  VERY, VERY, VERY SICK & AT PRESENT SEEING DOUBLE, though please save this good one & we can do it again