Sign in to follow this  
leobertucelli

when oh when?

8 posts in this topic

Will that programmer leave the buiilding? Last night, (I didn't watch nor will I tonight as well) But silents for most of the evening and now they will play films shown less than 10 days ago AND hey, if they were shown 3 weeks ago, will excuse me however that gut selecting what's to be shown ought to be shown the door!

Hey Leo, if you hurry over to AMC you can catch a rerun of a good talkie, with oodles of commercials and pop-ups.

Enjoy.

Mongo

>>>>>>>>Will that programmer leave the buiilding? Last night, (I didn't watch nor will I tonight as well) But silents for most of the evening and now they will play films shown less than 10 days ago AND hey, if they were shown 3 weeks ago, will excuse me however that gut selecting what's to be shown ought to be shown the door! <<<<<<

ROTFLMAO !!!!!!!!

Unlike that other channel that has "Classics" in their name, TCM takes showing classic films very seriously. Silents are very much classics and need to be shown. A couple of nights of silents isn't going to kill anybody. From time-to-time there comes a "theme" day which I don't care for and I don't watch. I don't complain, it's just a matter of taste.TCM is programmed for a broad scope of viewers who love old movies and they are not going to please everybody every night. So what. That's life. Keep up the good work TCM.

"He" doesn't really care one way or the other about silent films. It's just a way to get us riled up and I refuse to go there anymore.