Lesliehowardlover89

Movie Clip Help

43 posts in this topic

Hi everyone I am new to this forum. I was told by a friend that I should come here to ask my movie trivia question for a movie that I saw as a child because I keep thinking about it but can't figure out what it is and I know I didn't dream of it. My dreams are never this vivid lol . I did'nt see a topic for it so I thought I would start a new one.

OK here is the question:

I am trying to find out the name of a movie I watched as a child but I only remember one scene from it that happens kind of quickly. I think that the movie takes place in the late 50's early 60's ( from the looks of the clothing ) and it is in color.

What i remember is there is a blonde woman ( possibly Doris Day , shes the only blonde Actress from the 60's I could think of  but again I don't know ) in a beige or white peacoat with Matching small round hat and your watching the screen as if your across the street from her watching where she is going ( as if your a bird or something and not actually in the area that they are in but close enough to see everything going on  is the only way I can explain that kind of movie shot) . She goes back into a alley way and goes into a warehouse  and she is obviously looking for someone ( she finds them after this part) and there is crazyness going on with a bunch of girls changing clothes with older women helping them .One of the older women spots the person in the  coat and I guess she thinks that she is one of the models that are late, the older woman signals to another older woman to come over. They grab the blonde and take her and sit her in a makeup/ salon reclining chair , then it looks like they start to take off her shoes, other pieces of clothing and one woman takes off her hat ,pulls out bobby pins from her hair and looks like shes trying to shampoo her or something but this group of women is crowding around her getting her ready for what you come to find out is a fashion show in the next scene after the screen goes black for 2 sec and switches ,The woman in question does try to sit  up to leave  but theyre kind of not holding her down but definately keeping her from getting up . There is no actual talking in this part to my memory just music and it goes kind of fast when they spot her and get her ready .after the screen goes to where they have the fashion show going on there is talking again and she comes out and is wearing a dress ( to my memory it was  blues & green ). She spots the man she was looking for and he sees her and gives her the gesture as if to say " what are you doing up there " and she looks at him from the stage and shugs her shoulders and raises her hands as to say " i don't know " and starts to run into a couple other models .

AND thats all I remember. If someone can get through all that and know what I am talking about that would be great. SORRY I typed so much , I just wanted to put everything I remembered :D.

Hi everyone I am new to this forum. I was told by a friend that I should come here to ask my movie trivia question for a movie that I saw as a child because I keep thinking about it but can't figure out what it is and I know I didn't dream of it. My dreams are never this vivid lol . I did'nt see a topic for it so I thought I would start a new one.

OK here is the question:

I am trying to find out the name of a movie I watched as a child but I only remember one scene from it that happens kind of quickly. I think that the movie takes place in the late 50's early 60's ( from the looks of the clothing ) and it is in color.What i remember is there is a blonde woman ( possibly Doris Day , shes the only blonde Actress from the 60's I could think of  but again I don't know ) in a Red peacoat with Matching small round hat and your watching the screen as if your across the street from her watching where she is going. She goes back into a alley way and goes into a warehouse and she is obviously looking for someone ( she finds them after this part) and there is crazyness going on with a bunch of girls changing clothes with older women helping them .One of the older women spots the person in the red coat and I guess she thinks that she is one of the models that are late, the older woman signals to another older woman to come over. they grab the blonde and take her and sit  her in a makeup/ salon chair and then it looks like they start to take off her shoes / other pieces of clothing and one woman takes off her hat and looks like shes trying to shampoo her or something but this group of women is crowding around her getting her ready for what you come to find out is a fashion show in the next scene after the screen goes black for 2 sec and switches ,The woman in question does try to get up but theyre kind of not holdning her down but definately keeping her from getting up . There is no actual talking in this part to my memory just music and it goes kind of fast when they spot her and get her ready .after the screen goes to where they have the fashion show going on there is talking again and she comes out and is wearing a dress ( to my memory it was  blues & green )and held small hand fan, she spots the man she was looking for and he sees her and gives her the gesture as if to say " what are you doing " and she looks at him from the stage and shugs her shoulders as to say " i don't know " and starts to run into a couple other models .

AND thats all I remember. If someone can get through all that and know what I am talking about that would be great. SORRY I typed so much , I just wanted to put everythign I remembered :D.

I don't know the movie but I'll try to see if I can find it.

BTW,  Leslie Howard is my favorite actor!  

It sounds like Audrey Hepburn (who is a brunette not a blonde) in FUNNY FACE. The woman in charge is Kay Thompson (she's the magazine editor and a blonde) Fred Astaire is the photographer.. You might try going to the TCMDB and type in FUNNY FACE for a synopsis of the film to see if it's familar, what you have described sounds like a scene in FUNNY FACE.

It sounds like Audrey Hepburn (who is a brunette not a blonde) in FUNNY FACE. The woman in charge is Kay Thompson (she's the magazine editor and a blonde) Fred Astaire is the photographer.. You might try going to the TCMDB and type in FUNNY FACE for a synopsis of the film to see if it's familar, what you have described sounds like a scene in FUNNY FACE.

Thank you for the responce back but its not FUNNY FACE ,I just looked up some stuff about it and it didn't sound familiar at all except for the fashion part and the fact that its from the late 50's. Thank you for your help though :D.

I don't know the movie but I'll try to see if I can find it.

BTW,  Leslie Howard is my favorite actor!  

Thank you for your help too. This has been bugging me for years because I can see the scenes playing in my head but I can't come up with an answer. Also Leslie Howard Steiner doesn't get the Credit he deserves for the acting he has done. He was a wonderful actor and It MAJORLY sucks that all he is known for is being " the other guy " in GWTW and for being killed during WW2.

I was thinking about this last night, and don't really have any more insight than the average person that goes on IMDB and digs around.  Having said that, I came across a few other movies, including Funny Face.  Bear in mind that I haven't looked at who the actors are, let alone seen more than half of these...You might also want to consider from that time period:

To Catch a Thief (1955) (>>Grace Kelly<< and Cary Grant)

The Ambassador's Daughter (1956)

The Silken Affair (1956)

There's Always Tomorrow (1956)

Designing Woman (1957)

A New Kind of Love (1963)

The Courtship of Eddie's Father (1963)

Honeymoon Hotel (1964)

I was thinking about this last night, and don't really have any more insight than the average person that goes on IMDB and digs around.  Having said that, I came across a few other movies, including Funny Face.  Bear in mind that I haven't looked at who the actors are, let alone seen more than half of these...You might also want to consider from that time period:

To Catch a Thief (1955) (>>Grace Kelly<< and Cary Grant)

The Ambassador's Daughter (1956)

The Silken Affair (1956)

There's Always Tomorrow (1956)

Designing Woman (1957)

A New Kind of Love (1963)

The Courtship of Eddie's Father (1963)

Honeymoon Hotel (1964)

Any of these look familiar..?

bbb.jpg

Hi Thank you for your Help. I already looked up a new kind of love ( it was my first thought a while ago  when I saw a pic of the red outfit above  )and ruled it out lol. The others are not familiar at all. I looked them all up on Google and typed in makeover with each to see if said scene would come up and I couldnt find anything :(.

Don't know if you get a station called RETROPLEX, tomw SAT May 9 RETROPLEX as it turns out WILL be showing the film FUNNY FACE @  6:35 am, 1:10 pm, and 8:00 pm. If you do get the station you should check it out, Even if FUNNY FACE is not the film you're searching for, it's a very enjoyable film :)

Don't know if you get a station called RETROPLEX, tomw SAT May 9 RETROPLEX as it turns out WILL be showing the film FUNNY FACE @  6:35 am, 1:10 pm, and 8:00 pm. If you do get the station you should check it out, Even if FUNNY FACE is not the film you're searching for, it's a very enjoyable film :)

Thank you for the info. I have Comcast so I think I do get this chanel and if I am home I will watch it or find it ondemand. I can't thank everyone enough for the help. I have been on here for only a couple of days and this is the first forum I have been on where everyone was really nice :D.

Thank you for the recomendation ,I watched it today and it was good :D. I wish I could figure out the original movie I am looking for thought <_<.Was Doris Day in a movie where she gets mistaken for a model because I keep seeing in my head that its her and I don't know why I put that they were in a red outfit when they were spotted  because they weren't lol,I actually think the outfit was beige or white because thats what I remember. I had red on the brain for something else and typed it :D .

Ok. Check this out..

April in Paris (1952)

http://blogfullofjelly.blogspot.com/2010/09/movie-inspiration-april-in-paris.html

this is more fun than TWO peanut butter-n-jelly samiches with peanut butter on both slice

Thank you but I don't think this one is it either sadly. I looked at the link you provided and didnt recognize anything and so I also googled it hoping that the scene I remember poped up and I couldnt find anything on google either , BUT ! I did put thios  on a list of movies to see :D.

Thank you but I don't think this one is it either sadly. I looked at the link you provided and didnt recognize anything and so I also googled it hoping that the scene I remember poped up and I couldnt find anything on google either , BUT ! I did put thios  on a list of movies to see :D.

If nothing else, you're going to see a lot of good movies

:D

Does anyone have anymore ideas because I am still trying to figure this out. were there other blonde actresses of the late 50's early 60's that were in movies that had something to do with models at some point  ?? and was there a scene in Please don't eat the Daisies with doris day that sounds like my original post  because I keep typing in all of my search engines " Movie where doris day is mistaken for being a model and gets a makeover  " or something like that and it keeps showing the movie posters for Please dont eat the daisies , That touch of Mink and one other one.I was also wondering if there was the scene in question in It happened to jane :D.

Thank you again everyone wwho is helping me , you don't understand how much I apriciate it. This has been driving me nuts for years since I keep dreaming about it and thinking about it trying to figure it out :D.

Now it's driving all of us nuts..  [just kidding]

:P

Your searches are generating responses to "Doris Day" - whatever she's connected with.. except, of course, the one film you believe her to be in concerning your memory. I would have to say it's not a Doris Day movie.

2l9sdhy.jpg

iy0qs3.jpg

2wmgkns.jpg

2ibyuep.jpg

That's what I've been saying all along. Sounds just like FUNNY FACE to me. And I agree Kid, no Doris Day movie has her mistaken as a model and madeover that I can think of.

• Like 1

That's what I've been saying all along. Sounds just like FUNNY FACE to me. And I agree Kid, no Doris Day movie has her mistaken as a model and madeover that I can think of.

Thank you, lavender. Here's a clip with Audrey modeling:

And..

thanks again for trying to help, I guess I am not going to figure it out. I watched FUNNY FACE because one of you said I should check it out and while it was a good movie there wasnt the scene that I remember in it. I need to keep trying to figure it out. there are no movies with doris day getting a makeover . who else was blonde in the late 50's early 60's I really need to figure it out lol.

hi Everyone,
if there are still people looking at my original post to help me figure it out, I wAnted to let you all know that I changed some wording around including the color of the lady in questions outfit color because like I said before I have no clue why I put red lol. thank you to everyone who is helping me with this because I truley apriciate it. ( sorry if my spelling is a little off, I can't help it :D ).