Bogie56

HITS & MISSES: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow on TCM

5,290 posts in this topic

I would be hard pressed to pick anything tomorrow!

But perhaps this thread can include anyone and everyone's idea as to what might be worthwhile to catch the next day.

I would be hard pressed to pick anything tomorrow!

But perhaps this thread can include anyone and everyone's idea as to what might be worthwhile to catch the next day.

Hey, at least you didn't ask me to pick anything today, Kate Hepburn makes my teeth itch with her scenery chewing.

But come on, doesn't Ding Dong Williams sound a treat? :wacko:

• Like 1

The Best Years of Our Lives is on late tonight and it's always worth watching. One Way Passage is on overnight at 4:45am EDT 3:45am CDT if you want to DVR it. It is a bittersweet love story starring Kay Francis and William Powell. I love that movie. I have to admit I haven't seen any of Wednesday's movies except Step Lively an early Sinatra role. It's pretty cute and co stars George Murphy.

Have you considered renaming this the "Tomorrow: Don't Watch" thread?  This way, we can be warned to avoid any stinkers coming up.

Have you considered renaming this the "Tomorrow: Don't Watch" thread?  This way, we can be warned to avoid any stinkers coming up.

I like that.   Tomorrow looks to have a particular abundance of them.

Let's just freewheel and see if people can benefit from the insights that others may wish to pass along.  What to miss, what they've seen and liked and could recommend or are curious about and wonder if others may have seen it before.  That was the idea.

The Best Years of Our Lives is on late tonight and it's always worth watching. One Way Passage is on overnight at 4:45am EDT 3:45am CDT if you want to DVR it. It is a bittersweet love story starring Kay Francis and William Powell. I love that movie. I have to admit I haven't seen any of Wednesday's movies except Step Lively an early Sinatra role. It's pretty cute and co stars George Murphy.

One Way Passage is on overnight at 4:45am EDT 3:45am CDT if you want to DVR it. It is a bittersweet love story starring Kay Francis and William Powell. I love that movie.

I adore that movie. I like Boyer's version but I LOVE Powell's version. Too bad I will never get a DVR, subscribing to the school of bite off my nose to spite my cable company's face.

Hah! Perfect idea. This one sounds a doozy:

A dowager tries to buy a lobotomy to silence the woman who witnessed her son's murder.

On now. In Suddenly, Last Summer (1959). With my teeth itcher Kate Hepburn and Liz Taylor, whom I don't much like either.

So, where do I go to BUY A LOBOTOMY???????????  :o 

I like that.   Tomorrow looks to have a particular abundance of them.

Let's just freewheel and see if people can benefit from the insights that others may wish to pass along.  What to miss, what they've seen and liked and could recommend or are curious about and wonder if others may have seen it before.  That was the idea.

Hoo boy. Like a job in an ice cream store to an ice cream-aholic. IOW, snark-a-palooza!  :D

Yes, I like it too (One Way Passage). Worth a look if you havent seen it. Wish it had been a bit longer. I may DVR it again as it doesnt take up much space or time to watch......

A dowager tries to buy a lobotomy to silence the woman who witnessed her son's murder.

On now. In Suddenly, Last Summer (1959). With my teeth itcher Kate Hepburn and Liz Taylor, whom I don't much like either.

You don't like Katharine Hepburn or Elizabeth Taylor? You don't need a lobotomy - you've already had one! (just kidding - but too good of a straight line from you not to answer back. Lol). But seriously Suddenly Last Summer is so over the top Gothic crazy, it would be a disservice NOT to chew the scenery. I mean could anyone do a successful SUBTLE performance in Tennessee Williams's melodrama penned wickedly for the screen by Gore Vidal. My cup of wildass tea!

You don't like Katharine Hepburn or Elizabeth Taylor? You don't need a lobotomy - you've already had one! (just kidding - but too good of a straight line from you not to answer back. Lol). But seriously Suddenly Last Summer is so over the top Gothic crazy, it would be a disservice NOT to chew the scenery. I mean could anyone do a successful SUBTLE performance in Tennessee Williams's melodrama penned wickedly for the screen by Gore Vidal. My cup of wildass tea!

Yeah, really. Over the top even for Williams. Surprised it was even made in the 50s and even a HIT! (LOL).......

On the first day of this thread, it is a with a great deal of sadness that I have to report ... that Hot Spell is not on tomorrow's schedule

On the first day of this thread, it is a with a great deal of sadness that I have to report ... that Hot Spell is not on tomorrow's schedule

All these "Hot Spell" references here lately have me dying to see this. Well, TCM when is this going to be scheduled?

All these "Hot Spell" references here lately have me dying to see this. Well, TCM when is this going to be scheduled?

LOL. I have seen it. Many years ago when NBC used to show movies on certain nights. I dont remember much about it except people complaining about the heat and Shirley Maclaine walking around in a slip.........

I just requested Hot Spell in SUGGEST A MOVIE. If TCM does ever show it, it better be worth all the posts LOL :D

What a certain other poster should be doing instead of complaining on the boards every other day.  I wouldnt hold your breath! (about it being shown. LOL)

What a certain other poster should be doing instead of complaining on the boards every other day.  I wouldnt hold your breath! (about it being shown. LOL)

Exactly, so everybody go over to the Suggest a Movie and Suggest it for nip. Of course the fact that he OWNS the tape, and can watch the film anytime he wants is besides the point LOL :D

I just requested Hot Spell in SUGGEST A MOVIE. If TCM does ever show it, it better be worth all the posts LOL :D

I must admit I am curious to see HOT SPELL.

The actual title of the film is: How To Spell. Budget cuts resulted in some letters being trimmed.

• Like 2

The actual title of the film is: How To Spell. Budget cuts resulted in some letters being trimmed.

No, the real title was HELL POST, but somebody mixed up the letters.

• Like 1

can someone find out the year, date and time hot spell was last shown on tcm? I'd say at a minimum...

eleven years. (at least) :)

can someone find out the year, date and time hot spell was last shown on tcm? I'd say at a minimum...

eleven years. (at least) :)

Is that using the Julian or Gregorian calendar?

• Like 1

Shirley Maclaine in a slip might make it worthwhile, I must admit.

LOL.