TopBilled

TCM schedules

1,875 posts in this topic

January 7, 2018:

6:00 a.m. Tennessee Johnson (1942)

8:00 a.m. Destroyer (1943)

10:00 a.m. Red Light (1949)

12:00 p.m. One Man's Journey (1933)

1:30 p.m. Broken Arrow (1950)

3:15 p.m. The Cowboys (1971)

5:45 p.m. A River Runs Through It (1992)

GLORIA GRAHAME

screen-shot-2017-10-04-at-1-04-05-pm.png

8:00 p.m. In a Lonely Place (1950)

10:00 p.m. The Bad and the Beautiful (1952)

12:00 a.m. The Sheik (1921)

1:45 a.m. The Son of the Sheik (1926)

3:00 a.m. La Notte (1961)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 8, 2018:

6:00 a.m. Adam's Rib (1949)

7:45 a.m. The Reformer and the Redhead (1950)

9:30 a.m. M (1951)

11:15 a.m. The Tender Trap (1955)

1:15 p.m. The Naked Hills (1956)

2:30 p.m. The Three Faces of Eve (1957)

4:15 p.m. The Last Angry Man (1959)

6:00 p.m. Huckleberry Finn (1974)

TRUE CRIME

Screen shot 2018-01-07 at 11.55.39 AM.png

8:00 p.m. In Cold Blood (1967)

10:30 p.m. 10 Rillington Place (1970)

12:30 a.m. The Honeymoon Killers (1969)

2:30 a.m. Dog Day Afternoon (1975)

4:45 a.m. The Phenix City Story (1955)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 9, 2018:

6:30 a.m. Sweet Kitty Bellairs (1930)

7:45 a.m. The Swordsman of Siena (1962)

9:30 a.m. Anna Karenina (1935)

11:15 a.m. Adventures of Don Juan (1948)

1:15 p.m. Pride and Prejudice (1940)

3:30 p.m. Wuthering Heights (1939)

5:30 p.m. The Lion in Winter (1968)

JUNE HAVOC

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 3.15.58 PM.jpg

8:00 p.m. Brewster's Millions (1945)

9:30 p.m. Once a Thief (1950)

11:15 p.m. Sing Your Worries Away (1942)

12:45 a.m. Four Jacks and a Jill (1942)

2:15 a.m. Powder Town (1942)

3:45 a.m. The Formula (1980)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

January 9, 2018:

6:30 a.m. Sweet Kitty Bellairs (1930)

7:45 a.m. The Swordsman of Siena (1962)

9:30 a.m. Anna Karenina (1935)

11:15 a.m. Adventures of Don Juan (1948)

1:15 p.m. Pride and Prejudice (1940)

3:30 p.m. Wuthering Heights (1939)

5:30 p.m. The Lion in Winter (1968)

JUNE HAVOC

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 3.15.58 PM.jpg

8:00 p.m. Brewster's Millions (1945)

9:30 p.m. Once a Thief (1950)

11:15 p.m. Sing Your Worries Away (1942)

12:45 a.m. Four Jacks and a Jill (1942)

2:15 a.m. Powder Town (1942)

3:45 a.m. The Formula (1980)

Too bad TCM isn't showing the Alan Ladd \ Donna Reed noir film Chicago Deadline.    June Havoc is really good in this 1949 Paramount film.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Too bad TCM isn't showing the Alan Ladd \ Donna Reed noir film Chicago Deadline.    June Havoc is really good in this 1949 Paramount film.

Haven't seen it but sounds good. I think her crowning achievement is her lead role in the Universal noir THE STORY OF MOLLY X. She plays a mob queen in that one who goes to prison and reforms. She brought sensibility, glamour and sophistication to her roles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Haven't seen it but sounds good. I think her crowning achievement is her lead role in the Universal noir THE STORY OF MOLLY X. She plays a mob queen in that one who goes to prison and reforms. She brought sensibility, glamour and sophistication to her roles. 

Chicago Deadline is a good film.   Donna Reed gives what some may view as an unusual performance (based on her T.V. mom persona,  but not if they had seen From Here to Eternity) as a more shady version of Laura.     The flaw in the film is that Alan Ladd, as a reporter (want-a-be detective)  is too much of a superhero type but that was typical of Ladd's Paramount films.  

Arthur Kennedy is also effective.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Chicago Deadline is a good film.   Donna Reed gives what some may view as an unusual performance (based on her T.V. mom persona,  but not if they had seen From Here to Eternity) as a more shady version of Laura.     The flaw in the film is that Alan Ladd, as a reporter (want-a-be detective)  is too much of a superhero type but that was typical of Ladd's Paramount films.  

Arthur Kennedy is also effective.    

Sounds like they (meaning Paramount's writers) were trying to come up with their own version of LAURA. Interesting they chose Reed for such a role, when she was still identified with the wholesome girl-next-door types she played at MGM. She also did another film with Ladd in the late 40s, before she moved over to Columbia and hit her stride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 10, 2018:

6:00 a.m. Triple Cross (1966)

8:15 a.m. The Journey (1959)

10:30 a.m. Catlow (1971)

12:15 p.m. Romance of a Horse Thief (1971)

2:00 p.m. The Brothers Karamazov (1958)

4:30 p.m. Westworld (1973)

6:15 p.m. The Ultimate Warrior (1975)

WORLD LEADER BIOGRAPHIES

screen-shot-2017-10-04-at-1-04-05-pm.png

8:00 p.m. Gandhi (1982)

11:30 p.m. Sunrise at Campobello (1960)

2:15 a.m. Young Winston (1972)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 11, 2018:

6:00 a.m. Banjo (1947)

7:30 a.m. Zebra in the Kitchen (1965)

9:15 a.m. Clarence the Cross-Eyed Lion (1965)

11:00 a.m. Flipper (1963)

12:45 p.m. Flipper's New Adventure (1964)

2:30 p.m. Lassie Come Home (1943)

4:15 p.m. Son of Lassie (1945)

6:00 p.m. Bringing Up Baby (1938)

STAR OF THE MONTH CHARLES BOYER

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 12.57.40 PM.png

8:00 p.m. Gaslight (1944)

10:15 p.m. Hold Back the Dawn (1941)

12:30 a.m. Back Street (1941)

2:15 a.m. Tales of Manhattan (1942)

4:30 a.m. The Constant Nymph (1943)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 12, 2018:

6:30 a.m. Together Again (1944)

8:15 a.m. The Toy Wife (1938)

10:00 a.m. The Great Waltz (1938)

12:00 p.m. The Emperor's Candlesticks (1937)

2:00 p.m. The Great Ziegfeld (1936)

5:15 p.m. The Good Earth (1937)

SURVIVAL MOVIES
Screen shot 2018-03-10 at 6.48.11 AM

8:00 p.m. Man in the Wilderness (1971)

10:00 p.m. Inferno (1953)

11:45 p.m. Robinson Crusoe (1954)

1:30 a.m. Into the Wild (2007)

4:15 a.m. The Secret Land (1948)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 13, 2018:

6:00 a.m. It's a Date (1940)

8:00 a.m. One for the Book (1948)

10:00 a.m. The Human Comedy (1943)

12:00 p.m. The Prisoner of Zenda (1952)

2:15 p.m. Safari (1956)

4:00 p.m. Anna Lucasta (1958)

6:00 p.m. Don't Make Waves (1967)

ESSENTIALS: WITNESS PROTECTION

Screen shot 2018-01-12 at 1.08.01 PM.png

8:00 p.m. Bullitt (1968)

10:15 p.m. The Narrow Margin (1962)

12:00 a.m. Murder, Inc. (1960)

2:00 a.m. The Mack (1973)

4:00 a.m. Superfly (1972)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 14, 2018:

6:00 a.m. The Dawn Patrol (1938)

8:00 a.m. Johnny Belinda (1948)

10:00 a.m. Where Danger Lives (1950)

11:45 a.m. Caesar and Cleopatra (1945)

2:00 p.m. Passage to Marseille (1944)

4:00 p.m. Knock on Any Door (1949)

6:00 p.m. Flying Leathernecks (1951)

GENE TIERNEY

screen-shot-2017-10-04-at-1-04-05-pm.png

8:00 p.m. The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947)

10:00 p.m. Rings on Her Fingers (1942)

12:00 a.m. The Flying Fleet (1929)

2:00 a.m. Being Two Isn't Easy (1962)

3:45 a.m. Good Morning (1962)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 15, 2018:

6:00 a.m. Hallelujah (1929)

7:45 a.m. The Green Pastures (1936)

9:30 a.m. The Duke Is Tops (1938)

10:45 a.m. Cabin in the Sky (1943)

12:30 p.m. The Jackie Robinson Story (1950)

2:00 p.m. Sergeant Rutledge (1960)

4:00 p.m. Sounder (1972)

6:00 p.m. A Patch of Blue (1965)

AFRICAN AMERICAN FILMMAKERS

screen-shot-2017-10-04-at-1-04-05-pm.png

8:00 p.m. A Warm December (1972)

10:00 p.m. Daughters of the Dust (1991)

12:00 a.m. Trouble Man (1972)

2:00 a.m. Shaft (1971)

4:00 a.m. Losing Ground (1982)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 16, 2018:

6:00 a.m. Girls on Probation (1938)

7:15 a.m. Dr. Ehrlich's Magic Bullet (1940)

9:15 a.m. That Uncertain Feeling (1941)

10:45 a.m. Father Is a Bachelor (1950)

12:15 p.m. Comrade X (1940)

2:00 p.m. Ninotchka (1939)

4:00 p.m. The Iron Petticoat (1956)

5:45 p.m. Silk Stockings (1957)

GILDED AGE

Screen shot 2018-01-15 at 1.53.56 PM.png

8:00 p.m. The Age of Innocence (1993)

10:30 p.m. The Heiress (1949)

12:45 a.m. The Magnificent Ambersons (1942)

2:30 a.m. An American Romance (1944)

4:45 a.m. Our Daily Bread (1934)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 17, 2018:

6:15 a.m. The Great American Pastime (1957)

8:30 a.m. Knute Rockne All American (1940)

10:15 a.m. Death on the Diamond (1934)

11:30 a.m. Trouble Along the Way (1953)

1:30 p.m. Angels in the Outfield (1951)

3:15 p.m. Eleven Men and a Girl (1930)

4:30 p.m. One on One (1977)

6:15 p.m. Tall Story (1960)

MIDNIGHT MOVIES

screen-shot-2017-10-04-at-1-04-05-pm.png

8:00 p.m. Chimes at Midnight (1965)

10:15 p.m. Midnight Lace (1960)

12:15 a.m. That Midnight Kiss (1949)

2:15 a.m. Midnight Express (1978)

4:30 a.m. The Horn Blows at Midnight (1945)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 18, 2018:

6:0 a.m. The Stranger's Return (1933)

7:45 a.m. The World Changes (1933)

9:30 a.m. As the Earth Turns (1934)

11:00 a.m. Stallion Road (1947)

1:00 p.m. The Purchase Price (1932)

2:30 p.m. The Romance of Rosy Ridge (1947)

4:30 p.m. I'll Wait for You (1941)

6:00 p.m. Deep Valley (1947)

STAR OF THE MONTH CHARLES BOYER

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 12.57.40 PM.png

8:00 p.m. Cluny Brown (1946)

10:00 p.m. The Earrings of Madame De.. (1953)

12:00 a.m. Une Parisienne (1957)

1:45 a.m. The Happy Time (1952)

3:30 a.m. The Cobweb (1955)

5:45 a.m. Confidential Agent (1945)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 19, 2018:

7:45 a.m. Kept Husbands (1931)

9:15 a.m. The Sport Parade (1932)

10:30 a.m. Rockabye (1932)

11:45 a.m. Born to Love (1932)

1:15 p.m. Bed of Roses (1933)

2:30 p.m. Chance at Heaven (1934)

4:00 p.m. Gambling Lady (1934)

5:15 p.m. The Richest Girl in the World (1934)

6:45 p.m. Woman Wanted (1935)

SURVIVAL MOVIES
Screen shot 2018-03-10 at 6.48.11 AM

8:00 p.m. The Flight of the Phoenix (1965)

10:45 p.m. The Poseidon Adventure (1972)

1:00 a.m. Five Came Back (1939)

2:30 a.m. Back from Eternity (1956)

4:30 a.m. Abandon Ship (1957)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 20, 2018:

6:15 a.m. Berkeley Square (1933)

7:45 a.m. Make Way for Tomorrow (1937)

9:45 a.m. Parnell (1937)

12:00 p.m. Cover Girl (1944)

2:00 p.m. My Dream Is Yours (1949)

4:00 p.m. The Guilt of Janet Ames (1947)

5:45 p.m. The Unsinkable Molly Brown (1964)

ESSENTIALS: FRED ASTAIRE

screen-shot-2017-10-04-at-1-04-05-pm.png

8:00 p.m. The Band Wagon (1953)

10:15 p.m. Royal Wedding (1951)

12:00 a.m. Three Little Words (1950)

2:00 a.m. The Night Visitor (1971)

4:00 a.m. Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TopBilled said:

January 19, 2018:

7:45 a.m. Kept Husbands (1931)

9:15 a.m. The Sport Parade (1932)

10:30 a.m. Rockabye (1932)

11:45 a.m. Born to Love (1932)

1:15 p.m. Bed of Roses (1933)

2:30 p.m. Chance at Heaven (1934)

4:00 p.m. Gambling Lady (1934)

5:15 p.m. The Richest Girl in the World (1934)

6:45 p.m. Woman Wanted (1935)

SURVIVAL MOVIES

Screen shot 2018-01-04 at 5.20.57 PM.png

8:00 p.m. The Flight of the Phoenix (1965)

10:45 p.m. The Poseidon Adventure (1972)

1:00 a.m. Five Came Back (1939)

2:30 a.m. Back from Eternity (1956)

4:30 a.m. Abandon Ship (1957)

some good movies there...

flight of the phoenix, the poseidon adventure and abandon ship!...

poor eddie byrne didn't have that flare in the gut coming simply because he wanted to stop ty from putting people over the side. the knife was already in his shoulder. faroni certainly couldn't have rushed holmes after he got 'em in the shoulder with the knife. too much time between the knife entry and holmes shooting faroni with the berry pistol. it was an execution. most of the passengers thought brave captain was way outta line putting near helpless wounded people over the side anyway. after holmes murdered faroni they shoulda chucked him over the side. and good ole lloyd nolan with the nuts in his guts has to show him how. pretty good film.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

some good movies there...

flight of the phoenix, the poseidon adventure and abandon ship!...

poor eddie byrne didn't have that flare in the gut coming simply because he wanted to stop ty from putting people over the side. the knife was already in his shoulder. faroni certainly couldn't have rushed holmes after he got 'em in the shoulder with the knife. too much time between the knife entry and holmes shooting faroni with the berry pistol. it was an execution. most of the passengers thought brave captain was way outta line putting near helpless wounded people over the side anyway. after holmes murdered faroni they shoulda chucked him over the side. and good ole lloyd nolan with the nuts in his guts has to show him how. pretty good film.

The Ty Power film is my favorite from this batch (ABANDON SHIP). Everyone associates him with his Fox output but some of his later stuff, post-Fox, is even better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 21, 2018:

6:00 a.m. The Barretts of Wimpole Street (1934)

8:00 a.m. The North Star (1943)

10:00 a.m. Act of Violence (1949)

12:00 p.m. The Lives of a Bengal Lancer (1935)

2:00 p.m. The Corsican Brothers (1941)

4:00 p.m. King Solomon's Mines (1950)

6:00 p.m. Titanic (1953)

INVESTIGATIVE REPORTERS

screen-shot-2017-10-04-at-1-04-05-pm.png

8:00 p.m. Absence of Malice (1981)

10:15 p.m. The China Syndrome (1979)

12:30 a.m. The Viking (1929)

2:15 a.m. The Tree of Wooden Clogs (1978)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 22, 2018:

6:00 a.m. Safe in Hell (1931)

7:30 a.m. Millie (1931)

9:00 a.m. Anna Christie (1930)

10:45 a.m. Rain (1932)

12:30 p.m. Primrose Path (1940)

2:15 p.m. The Angel Wore Red (1960)

4:00 p.m. Of Human Bondage (1964)

5:45 p.m. Cannery Row (1982)

GUEST PROGRAMMER
Screen shot 2018-03-10 at 7.11.21 AM

8:00 p.m. The Black Stallion (1979)

10:15 p.m. Wings of Desire (1987)

12:45 a.m. Day for Night (1973)

3:00 a.m. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 23, 2018:

6:00 a.m. Camelot (1967)

9:15 a.m. Finian's Rainbow (1968)

12:00 p.m. Oliver! (1968)

2:45 p.m. Goodbye, Mr. Chips (1969)

5:30 p.m. The Great Waltz (1972)

ARRANGED MARRIAGES

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 10.57.06 AM.png

8:00 p.m. Fiddler on the Roof (1971)

11:15 p.m. The Student Prince (1954)

1:15 a.m. The Wedding Night (1935)

3:00 a.m. Equinox Flower (1958)

5:15 a.m. Early Summer (1951)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 24, 2018:

7:30 a.m. The Merry Widow (1945)

9:15 a.m. Ninotchka (1939)

11:15 a.m. The Wildcat (1927)

12:45 p.m. The Student Prince in Old Heidelberg (1927)

2:45 p.m. Cluny Brown (1946)

4:30 p.m. To Be or Not to Be (1942)

6:15 p.m. The Shop Around the Corner (1940)

NATIONAL FILM REGISTRY

screen-shot-2017-10-04-at-1-04-05-pm.png

8:00 p.m. The Learning Tree (1969)

11:00 p.m. Trouble in Paradise (1932)

12:30 a.m. All the King's Men (1949)

2:30 a.m. El Norte (1983)

4:15 a.m. Footlight Parade (1933)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TopBilled said:

January 24, 2018:

7:30 a.m. The Merry Widow (1945)

9:15 a.m. Ninotchka (1939)

11:15 a.m. The Wildcat (1927)

12:45 p.m. The Student Prince in Old Heidelberg (1927)

2:45 p.m. Cluny Brown (1946)

4:30 p.m. To Be or Not to Be (1942)

6:15 p.m. The Shop Around the Corner (1940)

NATIONAL FILM REGISTRY

screen-shot-2017-10-04-at-1-04-05-pm.png

8:00 p.m. The Learning Tree (1969)

11:00 p.m. Trouble in Paradise (1932)

12:30 a.m. All the King's Men (1949)

2:30 a.m. El Norte (1983)

4:15 a.m. Footlight Parade (1933)

Looks like El Norte gets a TCM debut!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us