Bogie56

Great One-Liners

1,083 posts in this topic

"Babylon 5"

Vir Cotto answers Mr Morden's question, What do you want?

I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I would look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange this for me, Mr. Morden?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIQtXgnQM8KIRM3l9Wihy

:lol:

A bunch of great ones from The Good The Bad And The Ugly (1966)

Blondie: You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Tuco: You never had a rope around your neck. Well, I'm going to tell you something. When that rope starts to pull tight, you can feel the Devil bite your ****.

Tuco: Don't die, I'll get you water. Stay there. Don't move, I'll get you water. Don't die until later.

This is a mouthful.

"Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House" (1948)

Muriel Blandings....... I want it to be a soft green, not as blue-green as a robin's egg, but not as yellow-green as daffodil buds. Now, the only sample I could get is a little too yellow, but don't let whoever does it go to the other extreme and get it too blue. It should just be a sort of grayish-yellow-green. Now, the dining room. I'd like yellow. Not just yellow; a very gay yellow. Something bright and sunshine-y. I tell you, Mr. PeDelford, if you'll send one of your men to the grocer for a pound of their best butter, and match that exactly, you can't go wrong! Now, this is the paper we're going to use in the hall. It's flowered, but I don't want the ceiling to match any of the colors of the flowers. There's some little dots in the background, and it's these dots I want you to match. Not the little greenish dot near the hollyhock leaf, but the little bluish dot between the rosebud and the delphinium blossom. Is that clear? Now the kitchen is to be white. Not a cold, antiseptic hospital white. A little warmer, but still, not to suggest any other color but white. Now for the powder room - in here - I want you to match this thread, and don't lose it. It's the only spool I have and I had an awful time finding it! As you can see, it's practically an apple red. Somewhere between a healthy winesap and an unripened Jonathan. Oh, excuse me...

Mr. PeDelford.....You got that Charlie?

Charlie...... Red, green, blue, yellow, white.

The days before Vaspar. :lol:

35nd89y.jpg

• Haha 2

On 4/12/2018 at 3:38 AM, cigarjoe said:

A bunch of great ones from The Good The Bad And The Ugly (1966)

Blondie: You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Tuco: You never had a rope around your neck. Well, I'm going to tell you something. When that rope starts to pull tight, you can feel the Devil bite your ****.

Tuco: Don't die, I'll get you water. Stay there. Don't move, I'll get you water. Don't die until later.

Tuco: "See you soon, i, i, id..."

Blondie: ..."Idiots- It's for you.":lol:

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:18 AM, hamradio said:

This is a mouthful.

"Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House" (1948)

Muriel Blandings....... I want it to be a soft green, not as blue-green as a robin's egg, but not as yellow-green as daffodil buds. Now, the only sample I could get is a little too yellow, but don't let whoever does it go to the other extreme and get it too blue. It should just be a sort of grayish-yellow-green. Now, the dining room. I'd like yellow. Not just yellow; a very gay yellow. Something bright and sunshine-y. I tell you, Mr. PeDelford, if you'll send one of your men to the grocer for a pound of their best butter, and match that exactly, you can't go wrong! Now, this is the paper we're going to use in the hall. It's flowered, but I don't want the ceiling to match any of the colors of the flowers. There's some little dots in the background, and it's these dots I want you to match. Not the little greenish dot near the hollyhock leaf, but the little bluish dot between the rosebud and the delphinium blossom. Is that clear? Now the kitchen is to be white. Not a cold, antiseptic hospital white. A little warmer, but still, not to suggest any other color but white. Now for the powder room - in here - I want you to match this thread, and don't lose it. It's the only spool I have and I had an awful time finding it! As you can see, it's practically an apple red. Somewhere between a healthy winesap and an unripened Jonathan. Oh, excuse me...

Mr. PeDelford.....You got that Charlie?

Charlie...... Red, green, blue, yellow, white.

The days before Vaspar. :lol:

35nd89y.jpg

I love this scene. Myrna is going over very specifically what she wants done, but in the end the guys' attitude was to just dismiss it as "Whatever....we'll just get the usual colors."

1 hour ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

I love this scene. Myrna is going over very specifically what she wants done, but in the end the guys' attitude was to just dismiss it as "Whatever....we'll just get the usual colors."

Thought I look the subject up, they did had various colors to choose from.  Guess the guys were a bit lazy.

1948 Kem Tone Color paint ad

4aa52099f225d_110038b.jpg

f10f963a49a885a2adf9b6a3b704b5d2.jpg

Shoot, even Wile E. Coyote had choices from his favorite company. :P

0f0e51ee811c0c6b02a4d95c74e4b45f.jpg