Sign in to follow this  
noah80

Audrey Hepburn and JFK

15 posts in this topic

"What is often forgotten is that Audrey Hepburn sang "Happy Birthday Mr. President" to JFK for his final birthday in 1963." (JFK's birthday May 29)

Can someone please elaborate on this?  Did it really happen? It's strange that I can't find a photo or a video of this event on line. 

"What is often forgotten is that Audrey Hepburn sang "Happy Birthday Mr. President" to JFK for his final birthday in 1963." (JFK's birthday May 29)

Can someone please elaborate on this?  Did it really happen? It's strange that I can't find a photo or a video of this event on line.

Audrey sing to the President???? The only actress that performed the song was Marilyn Monroe.

OK; Yes, Audrey Hepburn did sing Happy Birthday, Mr. President for his 1963 birthday (May 29).  Marilyn Monroe did her version in 1962, I believe.  A link, with text and pictures:

http://kennedylegacy.tumblr.com/page/106

This was the first result when I Googled your question, BTW

link works, scroll down between 1/3 and 1/2 way down .

According to Barry Paris' biography of Audrey Hepburn, Hepburn sang Happy Birthday Dear Jack at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City May 29th, 1963--and her version caused much less publicity than Marilyn Monroes' version did in 1962.I apologize for the inaccuracy in my previous post-- Hepburns' song was "Dear Jack"

According to Barry Paris' biography of Audrey Hepburn, Hepburn sang Happy Birthday Dear Jack at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City May 29th, 1963--and her version caused much less publicity than Marilyn Monroes' version did in 1962.I apologize for the inaccuracy in my previous post-- Hepburns' song was "Dear Jack"

Wow. If nobody is listening, did she really sing?

.......Audrey only mouthed the words. It was Marni Nixon that actually did the singing.

• Like 4

From what I've read Audrey dated JFK in his younger years but the romance was squashed due to her not being Catholic...............

Kennedy must have been dating Gene Tierney and Audrey Hepburn at the same time.

Here's a cute song about him

Yes, he dated her too. JFK got around.........

Yes, he dated her too. JFK got around.........

JFK was apparently scarfing up all the beautiful women. leaving all the other  h o r n y guys going the George Costanza route. 

Not at the same time. He dated Gene Tierney around 1946-47. Hepburn was an unknown teenager in England then.

Not at the same time. He dated Gene Tierney around 1946-47. Hepburn was an unknown teenager in England then.

Yes. He must've met Audrey in the early 50s in Hollywood at some point.......

.......Audrey only mouthed the words. It was Marni Nixon that actually did the singing.

Audrey sang in Funny Face and introduced Moon River in Breakfast at Tiffanys.........

• Like 1

JFK was apparently scarfing up all the beautiful women. leaving all the other  h o r n y guys going the George Costanza route.

Well, maybe between JFK and Howard Hughes.