Richard Kimble

Death Takes No Holiday -- The Obituary Thread

638 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Wayne Newton was also in a couple of episodes of Bonanza, playing a kid

who liked to sing but his pappy was against it. Something a little strange

about the whole thing. And that hairdo. Yikes.

I remember him doing a Lucy show. A farmboy who sings Lucy discovers. But he chokes up in the studio, until Lucy, gives it that barnlike touch. GAG!!! Even as a kid, I thought it dumb!

On 1/29/2018 at 9:46 PM, LawrenceA said:

Olivia Cole (November 26, 1942 - January 19, 2018) - Television, film and stage actress, best known for her roles in two landmark TV mini-series, Roots (1977) and Backstairs at the White House (1979). She was a series regular on the short-lived shows Szysznyk (1977) and Report to Murphy (1982), and appeared in other shows and mini-series including North and SouthWomen of Brewster PlaceMurder She Wrote, and L.A. Law. She made her final feature appearance in 2008's First Sunday.

Olivia-Cole-uai-258x258.jpg

Sad. What is it with the Cole family? They seem to have short life spans.......I guess she lived longer than some of the others......

Just now, Hibi said:

I remember him doing a Lucy show. A farmboy who sings Lucy discovers. But he chokes up in the studio, until Lucy, gives it that barnlike touch. GAG!!! Even as a kid, I thought it dumb!

Maybe she thought the haystacks would give a reverb effect. Yeah, a lot of

those old sitcom plots were pretty out there. ( I would have loved to see

Freddy Mertz' reaction to Wayne Newton). Then in the mid 1960s they would

try to work a British invasion band, real or made up,  into the plot along with a

"funny" band name. The Electric Toothbrushes.

29 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Maybe she thought the haystacks would give a reverb effect. Yeah, a lot of

those old sitcom plots were pretty out there. ( I would have loved to see

Freddy Mertz' reaction to Wayne Newton). Then in the mid 1960s they would

try to work a British invasion band, real or made up,  into the plot along with a

"funny" band name. The Electric Toothbrushes.

This was when Lucy moved to  Hollywood and was solo (no Ricky, Fred or Ethel!) Yeah, that invasion band plot was used in a lot of sitcoms. i remember a Patty Duke one with Chad and Jeremy. Or was it Peter and Gordon? LOL.

4 hours ago, Hibi said:

Sad. What is it with the Cole family? They seem to have short life spans.......I guess she lived longer than some of the others......

Olivia Cole, who won an Emmy Award for her performance in "Roots," wasn't related to the family of Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole.

Related image

• Sad 1

Just now, Hibi said:

This was when Lucy moved to  Hollywood and was solo (no Ricky, Fred or Ethel!) Yeah, that invasion band plot was used in a lot of sitcoms. i remember a Patty Duke one with Chad and Jeremy. Or was it Peter and Gordon? LOL.

Yeah, after Chad and Jeremy and Peter and Gordon things get pretty thin

on the ground.

5 hours ago, Hibi said:

And then there was the episode of "The Mothers-In-Law" -- produced by Desi Arnaz -- in which The Seeds appeared as a rock group called The Warts. It's worth watching just because Deborah Walley dances in it!

7 hours ago, Hibi said:

I never heard that Olivia Cole at anything to do with Nat King Cole or any member of his family.

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

And then there was the episode of "The Mothers-In-Law" -- produced by Desi Arnaz -- in which The Seeds appeared as a rock group called The Warts. It's worth watching just because Deborah Walley dances in it!

LOL!!!!!

8 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I never heard that Olivia Cole at anything to do with Nat King Cole or any member of his family.

Ooops! I assumed she was.........

A trio of movie-related deaths recently:

Edward M. Abroms (May 6, 1935 - February 13, 2018) - Film and television editor. His career began in TV in the late 1960's on such shows as Tarzan and Ironside. He worked on a number of films, including The Sugarland Express (1974), The Osterman Weekend (1983), Cohen and Tate (1988), and Street Fighter (1994). He received an Oscar nomination for his editing on 1983's Blue Thunder.

MV5BMTk0NTMxNTc2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzg5

Pier Paolo Capponi (June 9, 1938 - February 15, 2018) - Italian actor who was most prolific during the 1960's and 70's. He appeared in King of Hearts (1966), Black Jesus (1968), Forbidden Photos of a Lady Above Suspicion (1970), The Cat O' Nine Tails (1971), Seven Blood-Stained Orchids (1972), and Farinelli (1994). He mainly concentrated on television work from the late 70's on.

media.jpg

Lassie Lou Ahern (June 25, 1920 - February 15, 2018) - American child actress during the silent era who appeared in some of the Our Gang silent shorts. She gained much notice for her role in Uncle Tom's Cabin (1927), although she abruptly quit films until the early 1940's, when she took a few bit parts and extra work. She had one last, short burst of activity on TV in the early 1970s.

web1_lassie-lou-and-bonnet_6886257.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:14 PM, Hibi said:

Did Wayne Newton die as well?

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:24 AM, jakeem said:

God, "Mother's In-Law" was sooo awful!