Richard Kimble

Death Takes No Holiday -- The Obituary Thread

754 posts in this topic

On 7/4/2018 at 10:58 AM, LawrenceA said:

Robby Muller (April 4, 1940 - July 4, 2018) - Dutch cinematographer who worked with some of the world's more offbeat directors. He began his career in collaboration with German director Wim Wenders on 1970's Summer in the City. They would go on to work together on 10 more films, including The American Friend (1977) and Paris, Texas (1984). Muller also worked several times with director Jim Jarmusch, including on Down By Law (1986), Mystery Train (1989), Dead Man (1995), Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai (1999), and Coffee & Cigarettes (2003). Other noteworthy films on Muller's resume include Repo Man (1984), To Live & Die in L.A. (1985), Breaking the Waves (1996), Dancer in the Dark (2000), and 24 Hour Party People (2002). Despite his illustrious career of international acclaim, he was never nominated for an Oscar, which has to go down as one of the more glaring oversights in that category's history.

8c3d5341-7747-4417-b41f-aa16bc2c497a?wid 

"The American Friend"...what a great movie! Sorry to hear of his passing but thanks for the tribute.

On 7/17/2018 at 9:32 AM, LawrenceA said:

All I did was post a picture of the guy to supplement speedracer's post. I hadn't read the linked article, but yeah, they definitely got it wrong...twice. Great journalism, People magazine!

On 7/17/2018 at 9:38 AM, Hibi said:

LOL. Sigh. They make it sound like he and Oberon were only together for 4 years. They were together for some time before they actually got married.

Ugh.  I didn't read the article.  I just read the headline.  Sorry everyone!