kaslovesTCM

Hayley Mills

36 posts in this topic

I saw her on stage in London a few years ago in Ladies In Lavender.  She still looks great btw.

Would love to see The Chalk Garden again. Havent seen it on tv in many years. :(

• Like 1

Would love to see The Chalk Garden again. Havent seen it on tv in many years. :(

Saw it on MOVIES channel, not too long ago.

I dont get that station, unfortunately...........

I dont get that station, unfortunately...........

It's an over-the-air channel, so it is available via cable or without.  You should check to make sure. 

I agree.  I'd love to see Hayley Mills' movies on TCM.  I remember watching many of her Disney ones on video years ago--probably at least 20 years ago.  I remember renting each and every one of her movies from the video store.  I'd love to see them all again--apparently so does everyone else as they all seem to have a long wait on Netflix.  Fortunately, they seem to be coming out on DVD.

I've seen The Trouble With Angels with Mills and Rosalind Russell on TCM.  I really liked that movie.  It was interesting to see Mills smoking--just because I was so used to her Disney movies, where she was most definitely NOT smoking.

I love Pollyanna.  Such a great movie. 

Then of course, The Parent Trap is a great film.  Mills did an excellent job with her double role and it helped that the parents were portrayed by great actors like Maureen O'Hara and Brian Keith. 

I just found a used copy of Summer Magic the other day for $8.  I'm looking forward to watching that one again.

I think I saw all of Mills' Disney collaborations back in the day: Pollyanna, The Parent Trap, Summer Magic, That Darn Cat!, The Moon Spinners and In Search of the Castaways--such great films.  It's a shame that many of the "family" movies that are produced now are so lame and dumbed down.

• Like 1

She such a favorite of mine.  Up until the early 70s, I saw every film she made, in a movie theater. I have excellent Blu-rays of THE MOON-SPINNERS, IN SEARCH OF THE CASTAWAYS, SUMMER MAGIC and my favorite THE TROUBLE WITH ANGELS.  I have DVDs of WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND and many of her other films.  She and her sister Juliet are appearing in Australia in the play, LEGENDS.  I'd love for them to bring that to the States.

• Like 1

A day with her movies? I think Hayley would be an incredible star of the month. Spanning her career, there should be loads of her films to showcase.

My movie buddy, a fan of British films introduced me to little seen fantastic films starring Hayley Mills including WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND & TIGER BAY, both excellent. I've never seen IN SEARCH OF THE CASTAWAYS or THE CHALK GARDEN. 

Her Disney movies were great too and I'd love to see her movies as an adult.

How about a PRIVATE SCREENINGS with Hayley as icing on the cake?

• Like 1

A day with her movies? I think Hayley would be an incredible star of the month. Spanning her career, there should be loads of her films to showcase.

My movie buddy, a fan of British films introduced me to little seen fantastic films starring Hayley Mills including WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND & TIGER BAY, both excellent. I've never seen IN SEARCH OF THE CASTAWAYS or THE CHALK GARDEN. 

Her Disney movies were great too and I'd love to see her movies as an adult.

How about a PRIVATE SCREENINGS with Hayley as icing on the cake?

Haley Mills introducing the films of her father ... now, that would be very special indeed.

She could even show some of his home movies when she was a kid.

Did you know that Pete Townsend now lives in the Mills family home in Richmond?  It is called the Wyck and has a great view of Petersham meadow and the river Thames.

Had a teen aged crush on Haley after seeing her in 'Parent Trap"  and "Pollyanna" but after that I lost interest.

Had a teen aged crush on Haley after seeing her in 'Parent Trap"  and "Pollyanna" but after that I lost interest.

You too?  :lol:

Yeah, try being a ten-year-old with newly awakening hormones sitting in a dark theater and watching the back of Hayley's dress being cut open on the big screen!  :wub:

I had to sit in the theater for a HALF HOUR after the movie ended before I dared to try and walk out of there "unnoticed"!  ;)

Regardless of any "crushes" or not, Hayley Mills WAS a "boomer" icon and still remembered fondly.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

As speedracer and others on this board know, Hayley Mills played the title role in the Disney Channel series GOOD MORNING MISS BLISS, which was later re-packaged in syndication (and on Netflix) as the "first season" (the junior high days) of SAVED BY THE BELL.

GMMB-Bliss-and-Kids.jpg

Although Hayley Mills was the star of GOOD MORNING MISS BLISS, Mark-Paul Gosselaar (as eighth-grader Zack Morris) had as much or more screen time in most episodes.

hayley-mills-miss-bliss.jpg

screenshot_2013-07-10-11-15-19.png

Here is a little promo for Ladies In Lavender, the play that Haley did in London a couple of years ago.  You can see that she still looks like the same girl in many ways ...

• Like 1

I worked with Hayley once. Lovely person. She lives in NY part of the time -- at least she did when I worked with her. She could introduce her films on TCM. (I don't know if she's already appeared with RO or Ben.)

• Like 2

She such a favorite of mine.  Up until the early 70s, I saw every film she made, in a movie theater. I have excellent Blu-rays of THE MOON-SPINNERS, IN SEARCH OF THE CASTAWAYS, SUMMER MAGIC and my favorite THE TROUBLE WITH ANGELS.  I have DVDs of WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND and many of her other films.  She and her sister Juliet are appearing in Australia in the play, LEGENDS.  I'd love for them to bring that to the States.

johnm001, do you a Region 1 (North America) DVD  of WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND?

I haven't been able to find one.

johnm001, do you a Region 1 (North America) DVD  of WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND?

I haven't been able to find one.

My brother found a Region Free DVD in Spain.O VENTO TAMBEIN TEM SEGREDOS.

Haley will be appearing as the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella at the Richmond Theatre in London in this year's Panto.

The Richmond Theatre Panto has had Jerry Hall and Henry Winkler in recent years.  It is a big Christmas tradition in the UK.

http://www.ffe-uk.com/2015/07/hayley-mills-and-matthew-kelly-to-star-in-cinderella/

Well, I'll miss it by one day. (Actually two days, I guess).