kaslovesTCM

Hayley Mills

36 posts in this topic

TCM & Disney had a deal to show the live action pics from the Disney vault a few years ago. toward the end of that agreement, there was a day for Haley but TCM featured only (well, mostly) the Disney stuff.

however, my requests weren't anywhere to be seen. so i'll mention them again, and hope for the best.

like others have requested,  i would also like to see Whistle Down The Wind (1961). and one more (not yet mentioned), The Truth About Spring (1965). i've seen neither, but recall that both are worthwhile.

• Like 1

Here's a clip of Hayley Mills as the mystery challenger on WHAT'S MY LINE.

Great clip Holden. THanks for sharing.

Did Roy Boulting ruin Hayley Mills' film career in the late 1960's?  The Family Way (1967) was a commercial success but the horror films she made after that were not.

I am so happy to see this discussion board on HAYLEY MILLS. I am a huge fan of hers and grew up watching all her movies. Does anyone remember seeing a Walt Disney TV Special in the 70's or 80's where there was a segment of the show hosted by Annette Funicello who pays tribute to Hayley and introduces film clips of the original movie trailers to all of her 6 Disney Movies. Annette says 
" Audiences Watched Hayley Mills Grow Up " The TV Special may have been titled 
THE BEST OF DISNEY 50 YEARS OF MAGIC. It originally aired May 20th 1991. Thank you for any help any of you can give me. Sincerely Jay 

One of Hayley's best films I would think was "The Moonspinners".

It had an incredible cast with the likes of Joan Greenwood, Eli Wallach and other fine thespians and ran the gamut from the then modern day to the silent film era with the inclusion of screen vamp, Pola Negri as Madame Habib, replendent on her luxurious yacht in the film.

If TCM does a showing of her most fab films, it should definitely be included.

• Like 1

One of Hayley's best films I would think was "The Moonspinners".

It had an incredible cast with the likes of Joan Greenwood, Eli Wallach and other fine thespians and ran the gamut from the then modern day to the silent film era with the inclusion of screen vamp, Pola Negri as Madame Habib, replendent on her luxurious yacht in the film.

If TCM does a showing of her most fab films, it should definitely be included.

Speaking of Silent screen stars, like Pola Negri--

The first time I saw Hayley Mills was in Pollyanna. My mother took me.

After a couple of scenes I was overwhelmed and totally impressed with the acting ability of such a young girl.

My mother snapped and said well I've seen Mary Pickford in the role and this girl isn't that good.

And she explained to me that Mary Pickford was in the movies where there was no sound.

When I went home, I looked up Motion Pictures and Mary Pickford in the encyclopedia because there was no Google then.

And lo and behold under Motion Pictures and all the still photos, they had a photo of Mary Pickford as Pollyanna. What are the chances of that?

Still, I think that Hayley Mills was really good in that role.LOL

• Like 2

Yes, yes, yes to Hayley Mills and, in "The Moonspinners", Peter McEnery gave Hayley Mills her first screen kiss.

A not-to-be-forgotten moment!

e0dee9f0edf4d3959f35525e986fa310.jpg